Pages:
Author

Topic: Moving from slush to where with 29 Th/s ? NOW: competition pool vs. pool. - page 4. (Read 4769 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Ultimately, the choice is yours.  You certainly seem to have done some research.  I would stay away from the big pools - not only because they're big, but because the top couple use SPV mining.

Mining on any pool with any payout other than PPS will mean you suffer from variance.  The pool gets lucky, you get lucky.  The pool is unlucky, so are you.  Obviously, the smaller the pool, the more profound that effect will be.  I'd love to see your hash at my own pool, but since the variance at a pool with 3PH scares you, well... you're certainly welcome to come on over.

I suggest diversifying your hash.  Point it to multiple pools.  If you like bitminter, kano and Eligius, then go for it.  You've got nearly 30TH/s... so point 10 at each of them Smiley.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
cryptodonkey on the pool.
Have been hobby-mining on Slush, Bitminter and BTC-guild in periods since 2012.

Guild is closed since long, Bitminter seems to have become very small, slush where i have been mining last weeks with a total hash of 29 Th/s does not feel right anymore.

Looking att the pool luck stats today on slush gives :

Day : 46%     Week : 86%     Month : 81%

I´m no expert, but bad luck for a month ?
Thinking about changing pool but to where ?

Have checked https://blockchain.info/pools and as a long time miner it doesnt feel right with all that miningpower centralized into a few big pools in china, but i´m no expert here.

What i want when i mine is a little better luck than slush pool and a steady payout. ok... i know how stupid that sounds asking for luck, but atleast not so much bad luck would be nice :-)

As i remember it when i was mining last time in the late 2013, the payouts from BTC-guild was very steady, is there any pools today that can give a somewhat steady payout or is a smaller pool always depending a lot on luck ?

How is Eligius and CKpool ? Have been checking out their webpages but im not sure in which threshold of BTC a payout is made or if it is possible to change setting.

Slush have a very good interface for monitoring miners, both Eligius and CKpool seems to have a much more simple ( any ? ) GUI for monitoring ?

I´m open for any proposals, maybe even start mining at any of the big Chinese dragons would be the best for me ?

Pages:
Jump to: