Pages:
Author

Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048 - page 19. (Read 117842 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Snakey, all valid points/questions.

Brian, good to hear, here's hoping for bigger and better things for MRY! 

bholzer, hope the behind the scenes work is going well.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Finally got in touch with the guy who's going to help with a big Murraycoin promotion. Stay tuned!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Hey guys any news on the foundation? I mean you guys were having phone calls and meetings and they seemed so interested.

Anyways was hoping for an update on the foundation, the new website and some of those new things you said you had coming up bholzer?

Also if any of you guys are members on the following forum maybe you can post a link to the murrycoin website to try bring in some new members.

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/2o09cp/til_that_a_cabbie_told_bill_murray_that_he_was/

Cant we tell the foundation that we have some money to donate and in return we just want some exposure to help our next donation?

snakey
Activity: 450
News that might interest the Murray Bros Caddyshack Charity Golf Inc: http://www.coindesk.com/save-children-now-accepting-bitcoin-donations/

If Save the Children can do it, why not the Murray Bros!
I want to express my thanks to the guy(s) who is/are keeping the price of MRY afloat. I've been busy with my new job so I haven't had time to promote MRY, but I'm putting an ad for my real estate in the LA Times next Sunday so hopefully I will have a buyer soon and be able to use the proceeds to further my bitcoin/murraycoin endeavors.

p.s.-- Don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there!
Watched St. Vincent, great flick
Obviously it's difficult to create stability in this market but their concerns regarding stability are only reinforced when there are huge dumps. At its current value, the MRY in their fund isn't really even worth their time, unfortunately.

Re: stability, this is true, although Murraycoin is essentially a commodity... and commodities are subject to higher volatility than currencies. You're right, though, and I think we will reach a nice floor value soon enough. I want to get my big promo off the ground but the guy I was emailing with suddenly stopped replying.  Undecided

I still think it would be great if you and/or a MRY team member were to get interviewed on a local tv station about the project. I feel like if you called your local news and explained what you're working on, they would be interested in doing a quick segment. Heck, even CNBC or another national news channel might be interested in interviewing you (they're on 24/7 so they constantly need new & interesting topics to cover).

And speaking of news, this just in: Bill Murray got to touch Zooey Deschanel's leg
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
... but a greater community effort would certainly increase momentum.

Huh?

Why?

I've had MRY for months and I haven't seen any effort from the dev. None. I've seen Brian busting his ass. But why should the 'community' pitch in? Give us a reason other than a cool name for a coin. Give me a reason.

Without an active community, a coin is dead.  It is what you make it.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
... but a greater community effort would certainly increase momentum.

Huh?

Why?

I've had MRY for months and I haven't seen any effort from the dev. None. I've seen Brian busting his ass. But why should the 'community' pitch in? Give us a reason other than a cool name for a coin. Give me a reason.
Activity: 656
Merit: 251
www.fintropy.io
So the other day broken down:

677,200 MRY traded then close to the same sold in the following 2 days

2.1BTC and then 1BTC here and there and the forum goes wild with panic of 'dumps'

People who haven't posted in aeons appear out of nowhere cause their MRY price alarms went off and they missed the little spike.

Brian you are awesome.
Riddle: What's got two opposable thumbs, is sometimes referred to as "a machine," and will be in attendance for another Bill Murray art show?

https://www.facebook.com/events/302935946581023/permalink/302969656577652/

(You guessed it, it's your pal brianbbad.)
I personally think the long-term value of Murraycoin is more important than it's current trading value, so let's focus on adding long-term value as a community.

This is definitely true... but raising the floor on the value will help considerably in meetings with the Murray Bros. Foundation. Obviously it's difficult to create stability in this market but their concerns regarding stability are only reinforced when there are huge dumps. At its current value, the MRY in their fund isn't really even worth their time, unfortunately. While we know their involvement would drive the price considerably higher... we need a higher (stable) floor to get them involved. It's a Catch 22, in a way... but we'll overcome it eventually. A spike in bitcoin value / (positive) media exposure would also assist considerably.

We are very close to rolling out a number of items and I know you, Brian, have been hard at work promoting... but a greater community effort would certainly increase momentum.

true...getting to the higher floor is a must, but you're going to have peaks and valleys along the way.  sad folks will dump this soon as soon as the coin shows some signs of life, even when they've held for so long, just asinine.  murraycoins value will have to increase it's true, hopefully with the right promos, dev work and whatever 'influx' of btc backing is needed, it'll get there.

doing what we can outside of here, nobody touches Brian though, he's a machine - great to see.

Activity: 656
Merit: 251
www.fintropy.io
Yeah I know when people offer me free charity $$$ through fan based community work I wont attach any public support unless its worth a certain base value.  Roll Eyes
You always see charities throwing jars of coins back at kids. 'Get out of here with your pittance!'  Undecided
Money for Nothing and Kicks for Free
Have Cake and Eat it Too
The Best War Generals visited the front lines not spending all day swinging golf clubs with their backs to the wind.

**Additionally 5.6BTC ($2000) to make MRY x10 current price
   or about half the price of a set of golf clubs
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer
I personally think the long-term value of Murraycoin is more important than it's current trading value, so let's focus on adding long-term value as a community.

This is definitely true... but raising the floor on the value will help considerably in meetings with the Murray Bros. Foundation. Obviously it's difficult to create stability in this market but their concerns regarding stability are only reinforced when there are huge dumps. At its current value, the MRY in their fund isn't really even worth their time, unfortunately. While we know their involvement would drive the price considerably higher... we need a higher (stable) floor to get them involved. It's a Catch 22, in a way... but we'll overcome it eventually. A spike in bitcoin value / (positive) media exposure would also assist considerably.

We are very close to rolling out a number of items and I know you, Brian, have been hard at work promoting... but a greater community effort would certainly increase momentum.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

If you know javascript, check out murrayaddress.org and let us know what you think; see if you could add any tweaks or new features.

If anyone wants to work on making a promo video for Murraycoin, here are some free, open-source animation programs:
synfig.org
blender.org
pencil2d.org
animata.kibu.hu

I would also suggest checking out the many, many gigs at fiverr.com that could be useful for promoting MRY.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
who just sold 1million MRY and dropped the price to almost nothing?

A moron?  Who knows.
Activity: 278
who just sold 1million MRY and dropped the price to almost nothing?
New paper MRY design now available:

Also, you can currently watch the Bill Murray films "Broken Flowers" and "The Razor's Edge" for free at crackle.com (I don't currently have Netflix or Hulu  Grin).
Pages:
Jump to: