Pages:
Author

Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner - page 56. (Read 209242 times)

Activity: 296
Merit: 250
noticed in 1.5 if all 3 pools arnt populated server doesnt show up on ants page

I just tested this.  With the first 2 pools populated, and the third empty, it still behaves properly.  There must be something else going on.

Hopefully once I switch this to use the API all of these weird issues will be resolved.

M

kudos for the hard work M

so last night all ants were showing up i have 5 s1s
i removed 3rd pool from 4 ants only and i left 3 pools on 5th ant
5th ant shows on ant page
yet on 2 browser tabs 2 of the 2pool ants show up
everything recovers and shows with 3rd pool readded
tested with registry keys removed as well
Activity: 322
3D Printed!

I just tested this.  With the first 2 pools populated, and the third empty, it still behaves properly.  There must be something else going on.

Hopefully once I switch this to use the API all of these weird issues will be resolved.

M

Keep up the awesome work mate! I enjoy using your monitor Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

I just tested this.  With the first 2 pools populated, and the third empty, it still behaves properly.  There must be something else going on.

M
legendary

Yeah I think someone has noted this before. I had issues with one of my Ants not wanting to mine without all 3 pool info complete.

That was supposed to have been fixed in an earlier version.  I might have broken it in 1.5.

I also learned recently that if you change the visual scheme in your ant (I didn't even know that option was there!), it won't work.

M
3D Printed!

Yeah I think someone has noted this before. I had issues with one of my Ants not wanting to mine without all 3 pool info complete.
Activity: 296
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Thank you for posting this.  It's most useful.

M
Here's what you can do to use S1's API on the network:
[LIST=1]
  • SSH into the AntMiner (user/password: root/root)
  • Edit /etc/config/cgminer (e.g. using vi)
  • Modify the api_allow argument to read option api_allow 'W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24' (for a192.168.1.0/24-based network)
  • Restart the S1 (e.g. using sudo reboot)
That shuld do it if it's not enabled by default.
I doubt that would void warranty because the change is reversable.
Of course the API approach would be more natural and faster.
Nice work though !

P.S. One suggestion if I may - It would be more convenient to put the most recent version in the first post of the thread.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #qKVowzU7gzCx7FDn
legendary
Brilliant tool thank you!

Thanks!

Just to report that the auto-reboot thing doesn't work... (for me anyway). I've waiting for quite a while but it keeps hashing away without a reboot... (not to worry though).

28/05/2014 09:40:33: http://192.168.1.147/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=/admin/status/minerstatus/ responded with status page
28/05/2014 09:40:33: 152 responded with login page
28/05/2014 09:40:43: http://192.168.1.150/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=/admin/status/minerstatus/ responded with status page
28/05/2014 09:40:44: http://192.168.1.152/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=/admin/status/minerstatus/ responded with status page
28/05/2014 09:40:44: REBOOTING 152
28/05/2014 09:45:32: Initiated refresh

How do you know it's not rebooting?  I know it reboots mine because my uptime keeps getting reset.  Otherwise I wouldn't know (I don't watch the logs).

M
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Umm.. it works fine here.  Sometimes I get Xs that won't go away without a power cycle, but for the most part, the webui reboot works fine.  Automated no less.

M

It usually works, but is not 100% due to S1 WebUI being somewhat buggy. SSH automation is ideal but not sure how easy it is to do with a windows tool like this(easy to do in linux/mac).

Generally you will find the main issue with rebooting via the webui is that it can under certain circumstances cease responding, therefore will not accept a manual request to restart. VB does not as far as I know, come with any sort of SSH functions prebuilt in, I guess you'd have to embed some sort of ssh client to allow the interface to login via ssh and for example, restart cgminer.

Speed is not really a thing with this type of tool though because no matter what, its a hell of a lot faster than manually logging in to the web interface of x amount of ants, which is most peoples experience who have little idea what ssh is. Resources wise, how could it use any more resources than a user manually doing the same thing. I made something similar to this a while back, but its main mission was to output a web page so I can view the status of the ants remotely ( rather than forward ports to the ants ), I have it run every 10 minutes, grabs the stats and writes them to a webpage, basically the same way this app gathers data for its gui, works well enough.

I think the only thing to watch out for in terms of resources, is not having it run its checks too closely together, for example nothing more strenuous than say what a user would inflict on an Ant via manually viewing the stats page via a browser.

Brilliant tool thank you!

Just to report that the auto-reboot thing doesn't work... (for me anyway). I've waiting for quite a while but it keeps hashing away without a reboot... (not to worry though).

28/05/2014 09:40:33: http://192.168.1.147/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=/admin/status/minerstatus/ responded with status page
28/05/2014 09:40:33: 152 responded with login page
28/05/2014 09:40:43: http://192.168.1.150/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=/admin/status/minerstatus/ responded with status page
28/05/2014 09:40:44: http://192.168.1.152/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=/admin/status/minerstatus/ responded with status page
28/05/2014 09:40:44: REBOOTING 152
28/05/2014 09:45:32: Initiated refresh
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Kia ora!
Umm.. it works fine here.  Sometimes I get Xs that won't go away without a power cycle, but for the most part, the webui reboot works fine.  Automated no less.

M

It usually works, but is not 100% due to S1 WebUI being somewhat buggy. SSH automation is ideal but not sure how easy it is to do with a windows tool like this(easy to do in linux/mac).

Generally you will find the main issue with rebooting via the webui is that it can under certain circumstances cease responding, therefore will not accept a manual request to restart. VB does not as far as I know, come with any sort of SSH functions prebuilt in, I guess you'd have to embed some sort of ssh client to allow the interface to login via ssh and for example, restart cgminer.

Speed is not really a thing with this type of tool though because no matter what, its a hell of a lot faster than manually logging in to the web interface of x amount of ants, which is most peoples experience who have little idea what ssh is. Resources wise, how could it use any more resources than a user manually doing the same thing. I made something similar to this a while back, but its main mission was to output a web page so I can view the status of the ants remotely ( rather than forward ports to the ants ), I have it run every 10 minutes, grabs the stats and writes them to a webpage, basically the same way this app gathers data for its gui, works well enough.

I think the only thing to watch out for in terms of resources, is not having it run its checks too closely together, for example nothing more strenuous than say what a user would inflict on an Ant via manually viewing the stats page via a browser.
3D Printed!
i manually added 8, .92 - .99 but only have .92 - .95 on at the moment. It displayed 1 that is on and the 4 that are off.

Give it some time to load...I have 7 IP's in my monitor but only 4 active Ants and all 4 of my Ants show in the monitor. Just takes a few moments for them all to show.
Activity: 57
i manually added 8, .92 - .99 but only have .92 - .95 on at the moment. It displayed 1 that is on and the 4 that are off.
3D Printed!

I want to try this, but whether it will crash with avast anti-virus?

I run Avast free without any issues on more than 1 machine. Make sure to uninstall your old AV and use CCleaner or something to clean your registry before installing Avast.

you are using win 7 x86?

Win 7 x64 Pro
No problem with AVG free on Win7 x64 Pro

I use Avast Free AV...I quit using AVG years ago! Also, SpyBot S&D is another good level of protection.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I run Avast free without any issues on more than 1 machine. Make sure to uninstall your old AV and use CCleaner or something to clean your registry before installing Avast.

you are using win 7 x86?

Win 7 x64 Pro
No problem with AVG free on Win7 x64 Pro
3D Printed!

you are using win 7 x86?

Win 7 x64 Pro
Activity: 448

you are using win 7 x86?
3D Printed!

Activity: 448

3D Printed!
norton says virus... crazy... but norton also says namecoin is a virus...

I stopped using Norton LONG ago.  There were too many things it didn't like/allow that I did!

M

Norton/McAfee are THE worst AV programs to run. You are safer without either of those two and no AV than running either Norton or McAfee!
Activity: 50
norton says virus... crazy... but norton also says namecoin is a virus...
I stopped using Norton LONG ago.  There were too many things it didn't like/allow that I did!
M

I stopped using Norton a long time ago because it ALLOWS too many things that I don't want.
False positives like this are annoying but when it allows all sorts of other malware that isn't specifically a "virus" but then that malware brings in a virus, that pisses me off.
I also stopped using Windows on my main home computer.
Pages:
Jump to: