Pages:
Author

Topic: MTGox vs mysterious Russia - page 8. (Read 35979 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
May 01, 2011, 01:24:22 AM
last 50 min about 2 dozen trades since stoppage
legendary
May 01, 2011, 01:22:23 AM
why am i seeing mtgox recent trades on bitcoincharts.com on its 1 min interval?

bitcoincharts.com last trade  $3.57/BTC
Thanks for the tip.  Smiley

yeah, least its UP
legendary
May 01, 2011, 01:20:50 AM

Because it [almost] works. I still block when loadavg goes too high, but it somehow works.

so some ppl r getting into your site while most others, like me, cannot?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
May 01, 2011, 01:20:11 AM

bitcoincharts.com last trade  $3.57/BTC
Thanks for the tip.  Smiley

Edit:
From Mt Gox
Last Price: 3.6948 High:4.15 Low: 2.75 Volume: 62903
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
May 01, 2011, 01:18:27 AM
The Silver Lining in the Cloud

This is actually very GOOD news for the Bitcoin world.  The lunatics out there who launched this DDoS attack on MtGox have actually forced MtGox to harden its protection again such attacks...   which is a VERY VERY GOOD THING for MtGox... and thus, for all of us.

"In a minute" MtGox will be back online... stronger and more secure than ever before.

That could also lead to higher exchange fee rates  Sad
vip
Activity: 608
Merit: 501
-
May 01, 2011, 01:17:34 AM

Because it [almost] works. I still block when loadavg goes too high, but it somehow works.
legendary
May 01, 2011, 01:14:58 AM
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
May 01, 2011, 01:09:49 AM

This is actually very GOOD news for the Bitcoin world.  The lunatics out there who launched this DDoS attack on MtGox have actually forced MtGox to harden its protection again such attacks...   which is a VERY VERY GOOD THING for MtGox... and thus, for all of us.

"In a minute" MtGox will be back online... stronger and more secure than ever before.

I wouldn't go so far as to "thank" those idiots who attacked MtGox...   But, in reality...   The end result will BENEFIT MtGox AND us all.

It's the silver lining in this bad situation.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
May 01, 2011, 01:05:36 AM
Would it be possible to bring Mt.Gox up at a scheduled time to avoid advantages to certain people due to downtime? Can we get a confirm on this being caused by the BTCex.com guy?

You'll never be able to prove who is responsible for the DDoS.

Unless they admit it it is confirmed quote from btcex admin in other post "Oh, yes, exactly, well, then I turn off my ddos and start writing p2p exchange!"

Edit: I can't believe he somehow justifies his attack on you Tux I'm glad he stopped why couldn't he think of creating a p2p exchange in the first place?  If a competitor is beating you improve your service don't napalm the competitors office then say "ok I'll stop napalming his office and try to make an alternative service instead" and expect it to be all ok.  Sorry you had to deal with this Tux.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
May 01, 2011, 12:57:43 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to "thank" those idiots who attacked MtGox...   But, in reality...   The end result will BENEFIT MtGox AND us all.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
May 01, 2011, 12:51:17 AM
Interesting how this is unfolding...

Just 3 days ago I started checking the prices on Mt Gox ~twice a day. Those last couple days were amazing seeing the prices jump.  Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
May 01, 2011, 12:50:27 AM
Which twitter account are you referring to / following?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
May 01, 2011, 12:34:23 AM
Interesting how this is unfolding. Following events on twitter...
vip
-
April 30, 2011, 11:54:48 PM
Would it be possible to bring Mt.Gox up at a scheduled time to avoid advantages to certain people due to downtime? Can we get a confirm on this being caused by the BTCex.com guy?

I'm perfectly aware of this, mostly just wanted to mention that it's the largest potential suspect so people don't flock to it.

I think he's not directly responsible, but may have mentioned publicly (in Russian) that he'd like trading to stop on mtgox, and got some "friends" who offered their help.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
April 30, 2011, 11:52:45 PM

I'm perfectly aware of this, mostly just wanted to mention that it's the largest potential suspect so people don't flock to it.
vip
-
April 30, 2011, 11:38:52 PM

I think the owner pretty much admitted it lol

I wasn't planning on naming anyone or even mentioning Russia, however given how things are now it makes little difference~
Activity: 238
April 30, 2011, 11:37:05 PM

I think the owner pretty much admitted it lol
Activity: 126
April 30, 2011, 11:28:18 PM
Great. I sent 250btc to mtgox just before it went down. I never saw confirmation on the pages until it actually went down - was there any db loss that might cause my BTC to disappear?

edit: I see in the other thread that someone else had this problem and you assured them that theirs are safe. I guess I'll just wait then.

anisoptera, don't panic. Nothing's lost and everything will be back to normal within 24 hours.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
April 30, 2011, 11:24:59 PM
Great. I sent 250btc to mtgox just before it went down. I never saw confirmation on the pages until it actually went down - was there any db loss that might cause my BTC to disappear?

edit: I see in the other thread that someone else had this problem and you assured them that theirs are safe. I guess I'll just wait then.
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
April 30, 2011, 11:18:34 PM

Pages:
Jump to: