Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox wires ARE delayed - page 4. (Read 14537 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 250
June 20, 2013, 08:12:47 PM
The fact they resort to lying about why USD withdrawals are disabled is troubling.

I suspect something serious is afoot at MtGox right now. Most likely, they are in talks with US or Japanese regulators.

Don't expect USD wires to be re-enabled anytime soon.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
June 20, 2013, 03:53:03 PM
It's also possible Karpelen is talking out of his ass.

On the other hand it's also totally possible that MtGox grew so big they completely overwhelmed the ninth largest financial group in the world. Absolutely possible.....

.... in Bizarroland.

Apparently, Japan's second largest bank was a victim of MtGox's own success.

Loading Godzilla.
donator
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
June 20, 2013, 02:51:22 PM
Mtux says Mizuho Bank's automated wire transfer API is broken right now.  Wires can only be sent out manually by Mizuho.  Gox is opening accounts at other banks, which should drastically improve USD withdrawal times and bypass the technical problems at Mizuho.  This process should take around 2 weeks.

LOL W(hy)TF didn't Mt. Gox just put THAT info in the press release?  They seem to love crafting press releases designed to maximize panic.

And why did I learn about all of this here, instead of receiving an email to my account?  Who handles customer service at Gox?  I would love to ask them directly, but their chat service on the site is also not working.
Activity: 394
June 20, 2013, 02:49:19 PM
One of the three so-called Japanese "megabanks" (along with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group)

To put it into perspective: the Mizuho bank that provides banking services for this unheard of nonentity you call MtGox among many (MANY) others is just about large enough that MtGox accounts for about five minutes of their volume. Every 25 to 128 years.

It is interesting that a comparatively small amount of wire transfers which came from MtGox customers have caused their entire wire systems API to fail.

Like I said earlier I don't believe it for one minute.

The bank have given out a bullshit excuse. I'd really like to know the real reason behind this.

It's possible (or even probable) that the MtGox contact at the bank also knows nothing about the real reason behind this.

On the other hand it's also totally possible that MtGox grew so big they completely overwhelmed the ninth largest financial group in the world. Absolutely possible.....

It's also possible that when the price isn't going up parabolically, they stop getting "1-20 Million $ of deposits a day"   I bet wires go out the minute a new 10,000 BTC bidwall appears...
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
June 20, 2013, 12:43:40 PM
LOL

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
June 20, 2013, 12:41:35 PM
One of the three so-called Japanese "megabanks" (along with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group)

To put it into perspective: the Mizuho bank that provides banking services for this unheard of nonentity you call MtGox among many (MANY) others is just about large enough that MtGox accounts for about five minutes of their volume. Every 25 to 128 years.

It is interesting that a comparatively small amount of wire transfers which came from MtGox customers have caused their entire wire systems API to fail.

The bank have given out a bullshit excuse. I'd really like to know the real reason behind this.

It's possible (or even probable) that the MtGox contact at the bank also knows nothing about the real reason behind this.

.... in Bizarroland.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
June 20, 2013, 12:39:47 PM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
June 20, 2013, 12:34:38 PM
I have to support what the OP is saying.

I've very recently initiated 3 withdrawals, 5 figures each, SEPA transfers, and I received all of them in 2/3 days.

The withdrawals went from "confirmed" to "processed" in minutes, and the money took 2 days in 2 occasions, and 3 days in 1 occasion.

I really don't get all these reports about delayed SEPAs and International wires, at least for me they work like a charm.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
June 20, 2013, 12:32:18 PM
Well that's a strange thing I learned. When you get IP banned from a site, suddenly your API requests to the site fail. Why does this happen? Nobody knows. It is a complete mystery. Someone should make a game about that. A mystery game.

And technically speaking the site's continued efforts to prevent you from bypassing that ban could be construed to count as "them working on it".

I don't know how large this bank that MtGox uses

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
June 20, 2013, 12:29:25 PM
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
June 20, 2013, 12:15:21 PM
Does anyone know where we can contact Mizuho Bank support to confirm this?  It's worth a shot.  Their website, however, is so unhelpful that I can't find a single email or even a phone number... maybe I'm just bad at Googling.
legendary
June 20, 2013, 11:50:20 AM
I wonder if the looming possibility of a Japanese bank bail-in is causing this.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/japan-adopt-bail-ins-force-181947896.html

Maybe Gox is working to secure other bank accounts, though one would have hoped Gox would already have had backup accounts in place.

Or maybe the bank turned its API off to keep USD from fleeing on news of the bail-in. They simply told Gox it was "broken."

I don't know how large this bank that MtGox uses is but is it possible that mass withdrawals from MtGox have in fact created a run on their bank ?
Activity: 394
June 20, 2013, 11:46:33 AM
By now I kinda wonder if the dramatically improved MtGox engine which will be released very soon since Spring will beat to the punch the dramatically improved S.DICE website which will be released very soon since about the same time.

I think that dramatically improved S.DICE site was released last night. They changed the name to Just-Dice.com too...
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 20, 2013, 11:44:10 AM
I wonder if the looming possibility of a Japanese bank bail-in is causing this.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/japan-adopt-bail-ins-force-181947896.html

Maybe Gox is working to secure other bank accounts, though one would have hoped Gox would already have had backup accounts in place.

Or maybe the bank turned its API off to keep USD from fleeing on news of the bail-in. They simply told Gox it was "broken."
legendary
June 20, 2013, 11:21:02 AM
Banks don't just go in and break their systems, if there was a software issue with their API they would roll back any recent changes and make it work again.

Haha. You don't work in IT, right?

I do but not in banking and when we get something wrong we fix it - and we fix it quickly.

There have been some high profile issues with software upgrades at banks in the UK over the last year or so - big banks. When they happen they are fixed very quickly.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 2151
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
June 20, 2013, 11:17:26 AM
Banks don't just go in and break their systems, if there was a software issue with their API they would roll back any recent changes and make it work again.

Haha. You don't work in IT, right?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
June 20, 2013, 11:16:38 AM
Mtux says Mizuho Bank's automated wire transfer API is broken right now.  Wires can only be sent out manually by Mizuho.  Gox is opening accounts at other banks, which should drastically improve USD withdrawal times and bypass the technical problems at Mizuho.  This process should take around 2 weeks.

Lets examine this a little.

An API which has been working perfectly for a bank suddenly stops working and there is no solution to the problem apart from opening new bank accounts ?

This is an excuse. Knowing how Asian businesses operate I would say it's a 'face saving' excuse.

I think I can say that this is also a lie - someone at the bank is lying to mtux if this is what was said.

Code:
[23:08] we broke their system due to the volume
[23:08] the bank's system?
[23:08] what do you mean broke?
[23:08] yep
[23:08] it's broken
[23:08] a technical problem?
[23:09] they're working on fixing this, and we're opening new bank accounts in other banks as I speak to resume transfers (it takes 2 weeks)

if anyone wants to interpret it any differently.

lol how the fuck does transferring tons of cash break a system technically? Even if that was true...just upload a good copy of the system and VOILA back to normal.

Fucking horse shit  lies lol...
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
June 20, 2013, 11:11:31 AM

An API which has been working perfectly for a bank suddenly stops working and there is no solution to the problem apart from opening new bank accounts ?

This is an excuse. Knowing how Asian businesses operate I would say it's a 'face saving' excuse.

I think I can say that this is also a lie - someone at the bank is lying to mtux if this is what was said.

Well that's a strange thing I learned. When you get IP banned from a site, suddenly your API requests to the site fail. Why does this happen? Nobody knows. It is a complete mystery. Someone should make a game about that. A mystery game.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
June 20, 2013, 11:10:14 AM

Code:
[23:08] we broke their system due to the volume
[23:08] the bank's system?
[23:08] what do you mean broke?
[23:08] it's broken
[23:08] a technical problem?
[23:09] they're working on fixing this, and we're opening new bank accounts in other banks as I speak to resume transfers (it takes 2 weeks)

if anyone wants to interpret it any differently.
Pages:
Jump to: