Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox wires ARE delayed - page 5. (Read 14537 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
June 20, 2013, 11:09:33 AM
LOL W(hy)TF didn't Mt. Gox just put THAT info in the press release?  They seem to love crafting press releases designed to maximize panic.

Because it's bullshit.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
June 20, 2013, 11:08:56 AM
Mtux says Mizuho Bank's automated wire transfer API is broken right now.  Wires can only be sent out manually by Mizuho.  Gox is opening accounts at other banks, which should drastically improve USD withdrawal times and bypass the technical problems at Mizuho.  This process should take around 2 weeks.

Lets examine this a little.

An API which has been working perfectly for a bank suddenly stops working and there is no solution to the problem apart from opening new bank accounts ?

Banks don't just go in and break their systems, if there was a software issue with their API they would roll back any recent changes and make it work again.

This is an excuse. Knowing how Asian businesses operate I would say it's a 'face saving' excuse.

I think I can say that this is also a lie - someone at the bank is lying to mtux if this is what was said.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
June 20, 2013, 11:08:01 AM
By now I kinda wonder if the dramatically improved MtGox engine which will be released very soon since Spring will beat to the punch the dramatically improved S.DICE website which will be released very soon since about the same time.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
June 20, 2013, 11:06:34 AM
Mtux says Mizuho Bank's automated wire transfer API is broken right now.  Wires can only be sent out manually by Mizuho.  Gox is opening accounts at other banks, which should drastically improve USD withdrawal times and bypass the technical problems at Mizuho.  This process should take around 2 weeks.

LOL W(hy)TF didn't Mt. Gox just put THAT info in the press release?  They seem to love crafting press releases designed to maximize panic.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
June 20, 2013, 10:59:08 AM
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
June 20, 2013, 05:54:02 AM
Well then...

Commence screaming!

I hope my last wire got thru...

TOKYO - JAPAN - June 20th, 2013   Over the past weeks Mt. Gox has experienced rising volumes of deposits and withdrawals from established and upcoming markets interested in Bitcoin. This increased volume has made it difficult for our bank to process the transactions smoothly and within a timely manner, which has created unnecessary delays for our global customers. This is especially so for those in the United States who are requesting wire transfer withdrawals from their accounts.  We are currently making improvements to process withdrawals of United States Dollar (USD) denominations, and as a result are temporarily suspending cash withdrawals of USD for the next two weeks.  Please be reassured that USD deposits and transfers to Mt. Gox will remain unaffected, as will deposits and withdrawals in other currencies, and we will be resuming USD withdrawals once the process is completed.  We apologize for any inconvenience this causes our U.S. customers in the meantime, and look forward to resuming withdrawal service as well as debuting a dramatically improved trading engine which will be launching very soon. 
Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

June 19, 2013, 11:42:29 PM
Certainty not "FUD" , at least 10+ different people reporting delays....in fact looks like you are only person I've seen reporting a quick processing time.

10+ different people?
Like 0.001 % of the overall?

So there are actually 10,000 people on the forum currently reporting on-time wire processing?  I must have missed those 10,000 posts somewhere.

Nobody bothers to complain that things are working smoothly.
June 19, 2013, 11:41:04 PM
Certainty not "FUD" , at least 10+ different people reporting delays....in fact looks like you are only person I've seen reporting a quick processing time.

10+ different people?

If fifty actual people still use MtGox at this point it'd be a miracle.

(BTC dust "trades" don't count as people.)

If nobody is using Mt. Gox, nobody is using any exchange.  Actually, volumes are low in everything but ASICMINER these days.  Champagne bubbles give a bad hangover.

Code:
Time span: 24h 3d 7d 30d 6m

Total volume in selected timespan: 340,964 BTC

Name Total volume [BTC] Market share Currencies
mtgox         228,086 66.89 % AUD CAD CHF DKK EUR GBP HKD JPY NZD PLN RUB SEK SGD THB USD
bitstamp 46,699 13.70 % USD
btce         31,536 9.25 % USD RUR EUR
btcchina 21,546 6.32 % CNY
campbx         5,096 1.49 % USD
cavirtex 3,619 1.06 % CAD
bitcurex 3,201 0.94 % PLN EUR
rmbtb         1,178 0.35 % CNY
bitcoin24 0 0.00 % USD EUR
bitcoincentral 0 0.00 % EUR USD GBP CAD
bitfloor 0 0.00 % USD
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
June 19, 2013, 10:49:41 PM

10+ different people?

If fifty actual people still use MtGox at this point it'd be a miracle.

(BTC dust "trades" don't count as people.)
bitcoin hundred-aire
June 19, 2013, 10:38:11 PM
I am talking to mtux on irc right now, and trying to get everyone an answer on how long the queue is.  Hopefully we have some numbers soon Smiley
bitcoin hundred-aire
June 19, 2013, 10:09:03 PM
MtGox support is giving out several different stories that don't match up.  I think the issue should be escalated to Mark, if there's a way to do it.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
June 19, 2013, 09:45:29 PM
Just got an email from Mt. Gox support, they said it will take another week.

Early last week, I had requested a withdrawal of $10,000 on the dot, now bear in mind this is what their faq states: "If your withdrawal is larger than 10,000 USD (equivalent), it will take at least 2 weeks to process."

Operative word is "larger than" -- so now they are trying to say it will take 2 weeks even though $10,000.00 is not larger than 10,000 USD.  Had they written "larger than or equal to 10,000 USD," then obviously a different amount would've been entered at the time.

Hope some of you out there are having better luck.  I've had it up to here with Mt. Gox.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
June 19, 2013, 09:11:59 PM

10+ different people?

So there are actually 10,000 people on the forum currently reporting on-time wire processing?  I must have missed those 10,000 posts somewhere.
Activity: 980
June 19, 2013, 08:39:55 PM
Spoke (via email) to MtGox regarding my wire transfers since June 1 - they claim they are having problem with wire to USA (Citi) and cancelled the ones that were not processed... now I cannot use Dwolla nor Wire and am basically stuck with money in MtGox with no way of withdrawing it.

4 of my wire since June 3 are still processed on their side and they "cannot do anything" but wait, it has been 16 days since the first wire. Wires done earlier this year usually completed in less than 5 business days.

There is definitely a problem there, I asked MtGox to send me copy of the wire confirmation from their bank, they answered all other questions but keep eluding this one. Looks to me like they are stalling on my withdrawals, this is not very encouraging nor reassuring that I have a large sum with them and no wayof getting it back. Their support does "answer" email but does not seem to be doing much about it expect to ask me to be patient.

So do not request wires. Buy BTC on Gox, transfer to CampBX, withdrawl to Dwolla. Probelm solved.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
June 19, 2013, 11:24:15 AM
Spoke (via email) to MtGox regarding my wire transfers since June 1 - they claim they are having problem with wire to USA (Citi) and cancelled the ones that were not processed... now I cannot use Dwolla nor Wire and am basically stuck with money in MtGox with no way of withdrawing it.

4 of my wire since June 3 are still processed on their side and they "cannot do anything" but wait, it has been 16 days since the first wire. Wires done earlier this year usually completed in less than 5 business days.

There is definitely a problem there, I asked MtGox to send me copy of the wire confirmation from their bank, they answered all other questions but keep eluding this one. Looks to me like they are stalling on my withdrawals, this is not very encouraging nor reassuring that I have a large sum with them and no wayof getting it back. Their support does "answer" email but does not seem to be doing much about it expect to ask me to be patient.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
June 19, 2013, 06:32:11 AM
27 days after initiating the withdrawal for international wire transfer the status is still confirmed...
Activity: 392
June 19, 2013, 05:05:10 AM

10+ different people?
legendary
Activity: 1190
June 19, 2013, 02:57:12 AM
Combating some FUD here... One or two people have recently reported delays with international wires from Mt.Gox to various places (Thailand, for example).

I had one transfer that took 6 days to initiate, and the next took about 3 days.

I don't see why you feel the need to "combat" people coming to the "Service Discussion" board to discuss delays in services...

If i'd posted it in the speculation forum with a title of "Mt. Gox has run out of money" that would be FUD, "Mt Gox now adding 1 week processing time to Wire Transfer withdrawals" in the services discussion forum != FUD
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
June 19, 2013, 12:43:26 AM
I've been waiting on multiple wires for about a week now.

Starting to get pretty frustrated.

Same here.  Prior to June 5, they were processing my wires within 1 or 2 business days.  Now it's been a week on the last one to US bank account.  Not sure what is going on there.  They replied to my email with a standard form letter that "according to the FAQ's" wires are currently taking a week.  But that phrase was in there a while ago, not just recently.  

bitcoin hundred-aire
June 18, 2013, 05:53:19 PM
I think gox might have a weekly limit on the number of outgoing wires.
Pages:
Jump to: