Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 118. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 20, 2014, 05:08:37 AM
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
February 20, 2014, 05:06:41 AM
Where's our man sturle?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 20, 2014, 04:59:23 AM
I'm pretty curious how today's promised uptade will affect the already weird prices.
Activity: 80
February 20, 2014, 04:46:33 AM
Let's see: Italy says now 20% tax on all inbound funds for everyone.

they are going to cancel that shit: so far it's been just postponed for a few months, but they probably realized they were crossing the line as they heard the approaching mob with pitchforks

i'm worried that they are not going to cancel that shit for now. that's really shit.

(btw, i'm italian)
yes they are:
http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/notizie/2014-02-19/bonifici-estero-tesoro-sospende-ritenuta-20percento-191538.shtml?uuid=ABxlFjx

My apologies. You are right
February 20, 2014, 04:45:30 AM
Well it was fine when they dropped a bit low, but this is kind of obvious, in terms of them being like

"well, we are honest people, but, we honestly are taking weeks to fix what is killing the bitcoins you've entrusted with us."

So, yeah, you are honest enough NOT to arb a market making position on a black market transfer vehicle at a 25% premium, but what about 300%?  What about if Gox coin is at 10 bucks and stamp at 600?  If someone has the exit, they can buy cheap coin all day, it's basically like when your tonsils go bad, in terms of integrity to your community.  This is like, poisonous stupidity or criminality I don't know which, but it is epic in scope.

Time does not heal all wounds it makes many of them WORSE.

there is always an exit, regardless of what they try to tell you, if i were one of those protesters, i'd be digging like a little hackf*ck to try and find it, not just sitting there playing with a webcam. Mr robot face could be a real superhero!!!
Activity: 364
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:40:58 AM
Well it was fine when they dropped a bit low, but this is kind of obvious, in terms of them being like

"well, we are honest people, but, we honestly are taking weeks to fix what is killing the bitcoins you've entrusted with us."

So, yeah, you are honest enough NOT to arb a market making position on a black market transfer vehicle at a 25% premium, but what about 300%?  What about if Gox coin is at 10 bucks and stamp at 600?  If someone has the exit, they can buy cheap coin all day, it's basically like when your tonsils go bad, in terms of integrity to your community.  This is like, poisonous stupidity or criminality I don't know which, but it is epic in scope.

Time does not heal all wounds it makes many of them WORSE.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 20, 2014, 04:34:52 AM
Basically if they let it go to zero, then you can bet someone was running a money tree on the way down, I mean, traders LIVE for arb positions like this.  It'd be worth bribing a Gox employee to get a window at these spreads.  I mean, frankly, Gox should halt trading if they want to have any credibility.

edit

This is not some legal fiat market based arbitrage window, this is all crypto-lightspeed money transfer.  The inducement to crime here is phenomenal, its irresponsible to law abiding BTC holders.  Gox should halt if they drop below 100 otherwise its a shark orgy on the way down and SOMEONE knows how to get coins out as it drops, some .001% will have the exit, and they will make bank, flee, and that'll be that.

I totally agree, a HALT should have occurred long before now.

Of course it shouldn't have been halted. This is GOX.
February 20, 2014, 04:30:47 AM
Basically if they let it go to zero, then you can bet someone was running a money tree on the way down, I mean, traders LIVE for arb positions like this.  It'd be worth bribing a Gox employee to get a window at these spreads.  I mean, frankly, Gox should halt trading if they want to have any credibility.

edit

This is not some legal fiat market based arbitrage window, this is all crypto-lightspeed money transfer.  The inducement to crime here is phenomenal, its irresponsible to law abiding BTC holders.  Gox should halt if they drop below 100 otherwise its a shark orgy on the way down and SOMEONE knows how to get coins out as it drops, some .001% will have the exit, and they will make bank, flee, and that'll be that.

I totally agree, a HALT should have occurred long before now.
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:21:45 AM
I will try to contact their lawyers in Poland.
Also I have a Phone Number from Mark Karpeles, but I am not sure if it is the number from the old office.

Probably better to cut power to their servers.  At least then law abiding Goxers' BTC wouldn't be shat upon hourly.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
February 20, 2014, 04:17:47 AM
http://buttcoin.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/mtgox_ceo_mark_karpeles.jpg

I will try to contact their lawyers in Poland.
Also I have a Phone Number from Mark Karpeles, but I am not sure if it is the number from the old office.
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:12:58 AM

edit

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
February 20, 2014, 04:11:49 AM
See look here is where they screw up again:  If ANYONE can get coin out of Gox (insider or tech or whatnot), it's a no brainer money window.  So, by allowing nobody to get out coin for this long, they allow cheating on the inside or at least its like free money for anyone who can find that secret tunnel out, knowmsayin?

wow, I bet 1000s of lawyers will soon accept cryptocoin for services.

I wouldn't be surprised if gox is buying btc from panic sellers and then selling them on a different exchange for instant doubling or tripling of their money.  All in all, it is sleazy as hell. 

If you're right, that is sleezey as all hell

I honestly don't know if they are engaged in arbitrage, but I'm sure it's a massive temptation.  I was referring more to their actions over the last few months as being sleazy. 
Activity: 211
February 20, 2014, 04:07:06 AM
See look here is where they screw up again:  If ANYONE can get coin out of Gox (insider or tech or whatnot), it's a no brainer money window.  So, by allowing nobody to get out coin for this long, they allow cheating on the inside or at least its like free money for anyone who can find that secret tunnel out, knowmsayin?

I wouldn't be surprised if gox is buying btc from panic sellers and then selling them on a different exchange for instant doubling or tripling of their money.  All in all, it is sleazy as hell. 

If you're right, that is sleezey as all hell
February 20, 2014, 04:06:50 AM
one of those protesters should visit the local cop shop. this really does need some proper investigation.
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:06:44 AM
Well yeah I mean duh.  Right?

Let's see:

Buy 1000 BTC @ 200 = 20k
Sell 1000 BTC @ 600 = 60k
Buy 3000 BTC @ 200 = 60k
Sell 3000 BTC @ 600 = 180k

...and so on.

If even ONE in>
Activity: 169
February 20, 2014, 04:03:33 AM

American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:00:35 AM

Activity: 211
February 20, 2014, 03:58:31 AM
I hope this was just due to bots and not some insider trading job...

This, about 10k coins dumped by bots.
Activity: 71
February 20, 2014, 03:58:04 AM
The price didn't go below 195EUR for the last 24 hours because somebody had placed a huge order at that price (look at the charts). Once the order was filled up, the price started to plummet...  just a theory.
Jump to: