Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 116. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
February 20, 2014, 07:48:06 AM
Mr. Sturle?

All you zombies hide your faces ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LE0KpcP05I
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
February 20, 2014, 07:41:53 AM
rofl. so many different doomsaying theories here.

it WOULD be worth a visit to the local police box. im curious if they would have anything to say. they arent really the types to know about financial regulation BUT some interesting stuff would include any protesters actually registering complaints, and DEFINITELY whether the gawks has had trouble/contact/run-ins with yakuza. bitcoin being unregulated, its just the sort of stuff the yakuza enjoy. and certainly the only group representing a real "security threat".

however you'll note that there are many people living in japan (and tokyo) whose btc are stuck in gox and none of them seem to care enough to do so. i imagine the little protest stunt will be HIGHLY embarassing in hindsight. but i guess some just did it for some internet notoriety and to try some sushi.

Is nobody familiar with the Japanese law? There must be a way to force a kind of solvency check, for instance if you are a supplier and not getting your money...
Did nobody sue Gox yet? That's so unbelievable considering the amount of money into play.

Forget that solvency check already.

If they were near bankrupcy, do you think they COULD go to another office?

Do you guys seriously think an office contract is a short-term, cheap thing to do, and these offices are being just handed out to anyone who wants to have a warm, cozy place?

oooh, this guys is very smart. renting in japan is expensive and requires huge down payments. also, you need to show your ability to pay (via solvency or a guarantor). that being said, unfortunately one must accept the possibility that its office space theyve had all along...
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 20, 2014, 07:40:18 AM
what i don't get is... how after the new announcement gox went up $20 while the average (preev) dropped $20 Huh

the market is ignoring gox.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 20, 2014, 07:38:04 AM
Is nobody familiar with the Japanese law? There must be a way to force a kind of solvency check, for instance if you are a supplier and not getting your money...
Did nobody sue Gox yet? That's so unbelievable considering the amount of money into play.

Forget that solvency check already.

If they were near bankrupcy, do you think they COULD go to another office?

Do you guys seriously think an office contract is a short-term, cheap thing to do, and these offices are being just handed out to anyone who wants to have a warm, cozy place?
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 20, 2014, 07:36:39 AM
what i don't get is... how after the new announcement gox went up $20 while the average (preev) dropped $20 Huh
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
February 20, 2014, 07:31:30 AM
tss
February 20, 2014, 07:23:28 AM
It would be tempting (and highly unethical) for insiders at Tibane (including Karpeles) to take advantage of the massive price arbitrage opportunity during this period (especially if they know that they are facing a huge "bitcoin" run or insolvency). Someone in Tokyo who works at the bank where Tibane has their corporate bank account - or better yet Karpele's own personal bank account, should check to see if there are any unusual deposits into their/his account during this period and over the next couple of weeks.  

i think it should say sorry we have nothing left and poof and go away.. unfortunately with such an easy opportunity to return to a good balance sheet i dont think gox is going anywhere.
Activity: 84
February 20, 2014, 07:13:39 AM
It would be tempting (and highly unethical) for insiders at Tibane (including Karpeles) to take advantage of the massive price arbitrage opportunity during this period (especially if they know that they are facing a huge "bitcoin" run or insolvency). Someone in Tokyo who works at the bank where Tibane has their corporate bank account - or better yet Karpele's own personal bank account, should check to see if there are any unusual deposits into their/his account during this period and over the next couple of weeks.  
tss
February 20, 2014, 07:08:15 AM
no need to worry... its called arbitrage.. no matter how bad it got.. they have to be solvent relatively soon.. maybe even post huge profits on top of making up all their previously "lost" hyper inflated coins.  if they cant become solvent on a 4 to 1 price variance then mr. frapuccino is even more incompetent than anyone gave him credit for.
February 20, 2014, 07:00:50 AM
wow. seems like this update on an update was already priced in. unless the americans start shitting themselves when they wake up....

i was hoping for an epic price drop to below 100.

Price is basically irrelevant. So far MTGOX has shown that they do not have the coins to pay out.

If they ever do payout expect it to be limits of 0.1 to 1 BTC per day and 1 BTC to 5 BTC per month per user.

Since they are not paying out...price is not the issue. Solvency is.

wow, you really schooled me, dude.

what's solvency?
February 20, 2014, 07:00:28 AM
wow. seems like this update on an update was already priced in. unless the americans start shitting themselves when they wake up....

Price is basically irrelevant. So far MTGOX has shown that they do not have the coins to pay out.

If they ever do payout expect it to be limits of 0.1 to 1 BTC per day and 1 BTC to 5 BTC per month per user.

No, they had not shown this. You are guessing, speculating, without any facts.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 20, 2014, 06:58:26 AM

Activity: 60
February 20, 2014, 06:48:02 AM
Guys,
just be patient. Anyway, our money is blocked in their account for a while.
So why converting BTC into EURO at a so low price Huh I don't understand ! You won't be more secured with your EURO stucked in their account. It does not make any sense.
Having money in EURO or BTC stucked in MtGox is the same !
So for God sake, stop selling BTC at these ridiculous low levels and be patient.

what do you think ? Do I miss something there ?
February 20, 2014, 06:47:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 20, 2014, 06:45:45 AM
If the CEO is in danger of spilling his frapuccino when faced by protestors while trying to enter the building, well that IS a security issue...

Yes, and it caused the loss of days of work  Roll Eyes.

If they were anywhere near to allowing withdrawals, even limited size, the protest would have faded away.

Because you guys are just 100% sure THIS is the security concern they're talking about.

How would moving back to the old, well-known office help these security concerns?

Are you sure there CAN'T be a different problem?

So eager to make assumptions and accusations. WE DON'T KNOW. GUESSING GAMES MAKE NO SENSE.

Believe me, I'd like to transfer my funds as well, but making up my own crap won't speed that up, so what's the point?

So you presume magically these new "security issues" at their current location where protestors showed up all of a sudden manifested themselves and they needed to move because of this at the exact same time protestors show up because of the sudden withdrawal halt?

Hmm what issues could that be?

Perhaps being confronted at the front entrance to the building you operate in by angry customers demanding their money back? <---seems plausible and not exactly making it up.

Let's be real MTGOX is running scared. Obviously mark is crapping himself now that people are there in person to hold him accountable and ask the tough questions that he obviously doesnt want to answer: "ARE YOU SOLVENT? WHERE ARE OUR BITCOINS?"
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 20, 2014, 06:44:18 AM
Well there IS a security issue in that malleable transaction issue --while Gox lives with such shit security implementation and ruins people's wealth, I mean, they are the weakest link, so to speak?  Really being kinda dicks about it, I am amazed they are letting it go this far, but then Corzine and mega thieves do well and live on, so...
Activity: 84
February 20, 2014, 06:43:46 AM
Sounds unfortunately like Karpeles is lining up another potential excuse "security problems" for the final bad news that everyone is expecting shortly...

Really hope for his sake that he proves us wrong.
February 20, 2014, 06:41:03 AM
If the CEO is in danger of spilling his frapuccino when faced by protestors while trying to enter the building, well that IS a security issue...

Yes, and it caused the loss of days of work  Roll Eyes.

If they were anywhere near to allowing withdrawals, even limited size, the protest would have faded away.

Because you guys are just 100% sure THIS is the security concern they're talking about.

How would moving back to the old, well-known office help these security concerns?

Are you sure there CAN'T be a different problem?

So eager to make assumptions and accusations. WE DON'T KNOW. GUESSING GAMES MAKE NO SENSE.

Believe me, I'd like to transfer my funds as well, but making up my own crap won't speed that up, so what's the point?
Jump to: