Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 122. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 13
February 18, 2014, 09:56:32 PM
Awaiting further correspondence.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
February 18, 2014, 08:44:30 PM
I would expect the daily/monthly BTC withdrawals to be something like 10BTC/day and 50 BTC/month. Anyone with a large account will be stuck there for a long long time.

I am also predicting 10BTC per day. They are pretty much doing what an insolvent bank would do but without actually coming out and saying it. Prepared to be proven wrong on this but I feel very strongly because this is hurting Bitcoin and was entirely avoidable.

The simplest way to serve their intent is a % limit withdrawal over each balance. so they will screw everybody !

Withdraw fiat while you still can !

But what makes you think they have the fiat?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 18, 2014, 06:39:32 PM
"In the email interview, Mr. Karpelès responded to questions about the company's solvency or protection for customers' funds by saying that the matter is confidential."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1y8ot2/we_are_very_surprised_anyone_could_blame_mtgox/

If the CEO of an exchange cannot answer unambiguously the question of its solvency, then clearly it is insolvent.

In short, it does not matter if you have BTC or Fiat in Mt.Gox,  both can't be claimed by the customer.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 18, 2014, 06:28:06 PM
What's up ? Gox is doing well . Highest volume last 30 days :

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

Undecided

at least these bastards are making money while people are loosing fiat and stuck without their btc and fearing to face bankrupcy...
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 18, 2014, 06:24:31 PM

Undecided

Yup lots of selling volume of MTGOXcoins.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
February 18, 2014, 06:21:22 PM

Undecided
Activity: 378
February 18, 2014, 05:37:39 PM
Better get used to the idea that

Nice one
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
February 18, 2014, 03:46:49 PM
Every withdrawal seems to be placed in a queue, then the customer opens a few support tickets on each witdrawal, then there is a cancel of each withdrawal.

Mtgox could easily explain the withdrawal limitations in their FAQ, that would save a lot of work and frustration. I'll just make a note of this on a red post-it an place it near my phone, just in case Mr Karpeles calls.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
February 18, 2014, 03:27:00 PM
"In the email interview, Mr. Karpelès responded to questions about the company's solvency or protection for customers' funds by saying that the matter is confidential."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1y8ot2/we_are_very_surprised_anyone_could_blame_mtgox/

I'm sorry for those of you who will never see all of your fiat or bitcoins returned. Sad

Truly I am.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 18, 2014, 02:58:49 PM

Activity: 97
February 18, 2014, 02:48:50 PM
Better get used to the idea that

zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 18, 2014, 02:43:49 PM
no civil unrest  at Mt. Gox headquarter  today?

people are sitting on their hands cause there are

still bids of 50 % at bitcoinbuilder which is the new withdrawl facility...?

Mr. Sturle might be on his way to Tokio and if not for protesting then there must be a crony pot to be plundered.

Bitcoin and its early adopters have been corrupted, blinded by greed and deserve to be flushed down the toilet !

LONG LIVE LITECOIN  as it should command a premium over 0.25 of bitcoins value......considered how fucked up

the heads of this first but centralised peer to-peer currency were . The truth is going to be told right about now..

if you remember its an old hat already Wink
Activity: 434
February 18, 2014, 02:40:55 PM
I have a time travelling machine and I went to the future and seen a company called kraken, who can do all this. wow, can't wait till the year 2014.

Can i borrow it? Just to get back to 2012 and get me some cheap btc  Cool

just set up an account on gox. oh by the way, the time machine takes you back in time, but doesn't bring you home again
metaphorically speaking.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2027
February 18, 2014, 01:53:30 PM
First withdraw takes about 6 weeks. Successive withdraws are minimum 20 days apart.

This is NOT my first withdrawal... i had also on before some months.....

when they say 20 days rule what they mean?Huh 20 years maybe?

you said you submitted it on 29-Jan, so it will be queued for approx another 3 weeks. Then the 20 days rule may eventually apply, if you have any older withdrawals still in confirmed status

are you working on MtGox?Huh

either you are joking or you probably didn't read my previous posts. I'm gutted by Gox and think the way they're treating customers, giving evasive or inconsistent answers when asked for support, refusing to provide certain ETA for withdrawals with ridiculous excuses like "We are not able to provide the ETA for the withdrawal initiated due to the imposed limit set by the bank" are disgraceful and totally disrespectful to customers themselves.
I've just reported my personal experience in the hope it could be helpful to other fellows who are struggling to get out of the Gox-hole
Activity: 364
American1973
February 18, 2014, 01:52:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddllS5Ow0hg

^^^ Aiming for EU arbitrage positions, Ukraine want into the Gox insider sphere as well!
legendary
Activity: 1124
13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X
February 18, 2014, 01:08:31 PM
First withdraw takes about 6 weeks. Successive withdraws are minimum 20 days apart.

you said you submitted it on 29-Jan, so it will be queued for approx another 3 weeks. Then the 20 days rule may eventually apply, if you have any older withdrawals still in confirmed status

are you working on MtGox?Huh
Activity: 87
February 18, 2014, 01:06:40 PM
I requested a withdrawal on 27-Jan-2014, I received it today (18-Feb-2014), after 3weeks. It was 150€+
So MtGox is still processing SEPA withdrawals, and as usual small amounts are quicker than big ones.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2027
February 18, 2014, 01:04:34 PM

Activity: 62
February 18, 2014, 01:00:28 PM
I have a time travelling machine and I went to the future and seen a company called kraken, who can do all this. wow, can't wait till the year 2014.

Can i borrow it? Just to get back to 2012 and get me some cheap btc  Cool
Also, Bitstamp can do the same. I think btc-e has quick SEPA transfers too but i've never used them.

This article on Coindesk makes sense. There seems to be no reason for exchanges to have withdrawal issues except insolvancy. This BTC withdrawal issue is taking too long as well. When all this started i really thought Mt.Gox would recover but with the current spread it seems even if they get things running again there will be a bankrun.
http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-may-headed-bankruptcy/
legendary
Activity: 1124
13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X
February 18, 2014, 12:54:43 PM

tsssk, impatient, can't you just wait until electricity is invented, then we can invent the internet and some bank may even invent wire transfers, which will take only a couple of hours.

very good, i like this way of reality..... when i sleep maybe.... Smiley
that is what MtGox seem to be doing all this time... not able to handle anything but let's have hope and will see.....
maybe they invent SEPA withdrawals also Smiley Smiley Smiley
Jump to: