Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 204. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 24, 2014, 05:41:40 AM

Finally got a reply to the support requests raised regarding my unprocessed withdrawal

"Due to the Japanese holiday, all the withdrawal requests have been piled up and we are currently working to catch up the delays.
We would update you once the withdrawals are processed."

Well, at least they responded with something...  Undecided

I too, have noticed that the frequency of responses to my support requests are becoming shorter. this is a good sign, come on MtGox!!! we are still here waiting and we know you can catchup!

Angry
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 24, 2014, 05:38:14 AM

Finally got a reply to the support requests raised regarding my unprocessed withdrawal

"Due to the Japanese holiday, all the withdrawal requests have been piled up and we are currently working to catch up the delays.
We would update you once the withdrawals are processed."

Well, at least they responded with something...  Undecided
Activity: 154
January 24, 2014, 05:31:26 AM
I have about 5 btc in bitstamp and my idea was to transfer them to Gox and take advantage of spread. I thought I just had to wait one or two months for withdrawal then. Was I wrong?
I've had a similar idea, currently MtGox officially state SEPA withdrawals take 6 weeks. Anyway, my withdrawal account, defined in Withdrawal Center is still inactive. Then I do not think that trying to gain on the spread is so good idea. Personally I decided to give it up, too risky.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
Hodlers Network
January 24, 2014, 05:01:16 AM
I have about 5 btc in bitstamp and my idea was to transfer them to Gox and take advantage of spread. I thought I just had to wait one or two months for withdrawal then. Was I wrong? Reading this thread I have changed my mind. But on the Italian bitcointalk forum guys told me I would have just to wait a bit more. Need some advice I am a bit new to btc and have teamedonly in bbitstamp so far.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 24, 2014, 04:11:00 AM
* Withdrawals

All withdrawals will be sent through the MtGox Polish bank account and will involve a 1% fee with a minimum of 5.5 PLN

Please note the following rules :
- It is not possible to withdraw less than 10 EUR.
- Withdraws lower than 100.00 EUR are on average take less than a week.
- It takes at least a month on average for withdrawals larger than 10,000 EUR
- Withdrawals greater than 50,000 EUR need to be split it into multiple transfers or you can use the International Wire payment method.
- Due to the volume of withdrawals requests, each customer is currently only allowed 1 withdrawal every 20 days (estimate)
 Situation as of 16th January 2014: We are currently processing withdrawals requested 3 weeks ago. (Users with several withdrawals in the queue must take the 20 day rule above into account)

Is this an official announcement?

Sure, its in the FAQ: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21649594-Withdrawals-and-Deposits
Does this correspond to everyone's actual experience?

This is from the FAQ under the "Europe/SEPA Transfers(EUR)" section. I am taking about Japanese domestic transfers, where the same FAQ says:

"* Withdrawals
All JPY withdrawals placed before 4pm Tokyo time on banking days are now processed the following banking day, and will be sent from our JapanNet Bank account."

Which is patently false.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 24, 2014, 03:24:17 AM
Verified account at gox.  Currently waiting over 74 hours for my bitcoin withdraw to confirm in blockchain.

Is that normal, for it to take that long?

Well normal enough for someone to make this site:  http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php

Not sure what the percentages on bad withdraws are but there seems to be a lot at any given time. 

I split my withdraw into three parts as I was aware of the issues.  2/3 withdraws went smoothly, under an hour.  But now waiting over 3 days for one withdraw.  And no response of course from their "support" team. 

A lot? I see 183 (out of who knows how many total transactions). Many of these are over 100 bitcoins. I'm not sure how much you were sending, or what the fiat output is supposed to be, but you must be loaded, to need to send three different transactions. Otherwise you likely only made your situation worse by increasing the chances for something to go wrong...

I hope you get your money. Next time pay a larger fee, $3 is nothing when sending half a million USD....

Gox implements an automatic 0.001 btc fee which is fine for my withdraw amounts.  And by splitting them up I saved myself from a major headache as it was my first transaction that didn't go through and I needed fiat money this week.  I wasn't looking for advice, just stating my situation for others.  Plus gox has had thousands of bad transactions on their part mostly due to a bug in their system.  I consider that a lot even though it may be a small percentage of total.  Frustrating for anyone in a similar situation.

Fair enough, you weren't looking for advice. I don't know much about lost transactions of this kind. Is there any kind of connection to the transaction type on Gox's end? For instance, is SEPA, Int'l Wire, Domestic, etc a factor? Or have these block losses been all over the board? The website you posted seems to have found a correlation with very large tx's and also with zero fee tx's (which I didn't know Mt Gox did, I'm not even sure how the site knows its MtGox and not unrelated...). I wonder what other correlations there might be...
Activity: 18
January 24, 2014, 02:35:54 AM
Verified account at gox.  Currently waiting over 74 hours for my bitcoin withdraw to confirm in blockchain.

Well normal enough for someone to make this site:  http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php

Not sure what the percentages on bad withdraws are but there seems to be a lot at any given time. 

I split my withdraw into three parts as I was aware of the issues.  2/3 withdraws went smoothly, under an hour.  But now waiting over 3 days for one withdraw.  And no response of course from their "support" team. 

A lot? I see 183 (out of who knows how many total transactions). Many of these are over 100 bitcoins. I'm not sure how much you were sending, or what the fiat output is supposed to be, but you must be loaded, to need to send three different transactions. Otherwise you likely only made your situation worse by increasing the chances for something to go wrong...

I hope you get your money. Next time pay a larger fee, $3 is nothing when sending half a million USD....

Gox implements an automatic 0.001 btc fee which is fine for my withdraw amounts.  And by splitting them up I saved myself from a major headache as it was my first transaction that didn't go through and I needed fiat money this week.  I wasn't looking for advice, just stating my situation for others.  Plus gox has had thousands of bad transactions on their part mostly due to a bug in their system.  I consider that a lot even though it may be a small percentage of total.  Frustrating for anyone in a similar situation.
January 24, 2014, 01:51:45 AM

January 23, 2014, 11:47:47 PM

January 23, 2014, 10:59:31 PM
January 23, 2014, 09:58:03 PM
My verification has been pending since the 28th of December & by reading all these posts i feel shitty, I have 2444$ in my account. I dont mind buying some coins with that. Can you guys advice me on what would be the best action to take please.

I certainly wouldn't withdraw from MtGox! Wait for a drop, buy btc, move to an exchange that DOES do US transfers (if there is one, i actually dont know), and hope that btc goes back up to help with the large hit you are going to take by going to another exchange.

It's not what you want to hear, I know. You can lie to yourself if you want and try to push through the USD transfer at Mt.Gox anyway; just don't act like you weren't warned. Your money could be in limbo for months, years, who knows. Or if you believe the doomsayers, it will disappear.
Activity: 140
January 23, 2014, 08:02:07 PM
* Withdrawals

All withdrawals will be sent through the MtGox Polish bank account and will involve a 1% fee with a minimum of 5.5 PLN

- Withdrawals greater than 50,000 EUR need to be split it into multiple transfers or you can use the International Wire payment method.
- Due to the volume of withdrawals requests, each customer is currently only allowed 1 withdrawal every 20 days (estimate)
 Situation as of 16th January 2014: We are currently processing withdrawals requested 3 weeks ago. (Users with several withdrawals in the queue must take the 20 day rule above into account)

Sure, its in the FAQ: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21649594-Withdrawals-and-Deposits
Does this correspond to everyone's actual experience?
Activity: 136
January 23, 2014, 07:53:56 PM
* Withdrawals

January 23, 2014, 07:37:18 PM
* Withdrawals

Activity: 540
Merit: 500
January 23, 2014, 06:48:56 PM
ok so my first withdrawal was processed in yen to my japanese account from the 7th january on the 22nd january. still 2 more outstanding on later dates but at least its paying out still. panic over. 2/3 week delay estimates are correct. goodluck

Good to hear, by that measure, mine should get done Friday or early next week, fingers and toes crossed Smiley

I just had a JPY withdrawal from 5 January go through.  Still waiting on withdrawals from 13 and 14 January. 

As far as I know, there has been no credible explanation for the delay (besides some rubbish about "holidays"?!).

Don't want to get caught out when the music stops. Still, at 15% arbs perhaps it is worth the gamble... ? It is just that, though: gambling on the financial health of MtGox.

* Withdrawals

Activity: 8
January 23, 2014, 02:19:59 PM
ok so my first withdrawal was processed in yen to my japanese account from the 7th january on the 22nd january. still 2 more outstanding on later dates but at least its paying out still. panic over. 2/3 week delay estimates are correct. goodluck

Good to hear, by that measure, mine should get done Friday or early next week, fingers and toes crossed Smiley

I just had a JPY withdrawal from 5 January go through.  Still waiting on withdrawals from 13 and 14 January. 

As far as I know, there has been no credible explanation for the delay (besides some rubbish about "holidays"?!).

Don't want to get caught out when the music stops. Still, at 15% arbs perhaps it is worth the gamble... ? It is just that, though: gambling on the financial health of MtGox.
Merit: 37
January 23, 2014, 01:37:17 PM
Guys should i exchange BTC for $ on MtGox or Bitstamp? Cause about 100$ is huge difference, so naturaly i want to exchange on MtGox, but i have bad feeling about this, cause its too good to be true. Is it only cause thir withdraws are delayed? What you will recommend me? I just need to exchange BTC for $ and i can wait month for payment, but if there is risk i will be unable get these money even after month, i would prefer bitstamp. Thx

Withdrawing money from mtgox to the USA seems not possible at this moment.
Only JPY and SEPA (Euro) get through.
Activity: 28
January 23, 2014, 01:29:47 PM
Guys should i exchange BTC for $ on MtGox or Bitstamp? Cause about 100$ is huge difference, so naturaly i want to exchange on MtGox, but i have bad feeling about this, cause its too good to be true. Is it only cause thir withdraws are delayed? What you will recommend me? I just need to exchange BTC for $ and i can wait month for payment, but if there is risk i will be unable get these money even after month, i would prefer bitstamp. Thx
Activity: 80
January 23, 2014, 10:55:54 AM

jay, what bank was this through? JNB or Mizuho? What does your tsuuchou say about what bank if came from?

I had a transaction go through JNB, we are looking to see if their other routes are working or not... so if you can confirm whether you withdrew to a JNB account or not (it either goes to JNB for a JNB account or, as far as i know, Mizuho besides)

Though come to think of it, recently I noticed their deposit bank info also changed to JNB on their site......

Mine is through Citibank. But i would like to try again through my new JapaNet account next time.
January 23, 2014, 09:16:47 AM

jay, what bank was this through? JNB or Mizuho? What does your tsuuchou say about what bank if came from?

I had a transaction go through JNB, we are looking to see if their other routes are working or not... so if you can confirm whether you withdrew to a JNB account or not (it either goes to JNB for a JNB account or, as far as i know, Mizuho besides)

Though come to think of it, recently I noticed their deposit bank info also changed to JNB on their site......
Jump to: