Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 233. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
November 07, 2013, 02:41:22 PM
Does your Mt. gox account require verification for bitcoin withdraws?  I have cash sitting there that I can't get because they keep denying my verification documents.  At this point I'd be willing to take the hit and get the coins out.  Although I'd probably get a double spend like others have been reporting.  All I know is that the goose that laid the golden egg was given to Tux and he decided to slaughter it.   

I only decided to provide my ID docs just before I decided that I wanted to get a fiat withdraw underway.  It was a big deal to me as I value such docs highly.

Mt. Gox rejected my docs initially also for a bogus reason:  My P.O. box appeared on my driver's license along with my physical address since it is common for people in my area to avoid their street mailbox due to theft and vandalism.  After a rather frustrated note, they went ahead and verified me.  By that time I was pissed because I had already sent them my docs and the damage was done.

If Mt. Gox would have been honest and said that they simply cannot send funds to U.S. customers via intl wire and don't know when they will be able to, I would have chosen to not sacrifice my identity documents.  I am rather pissed at them because their deceit cost me the loss of my docs and I value them at upwards of $10k.

In my case I have never had any trouble taking BTC out.  I took out around 50 in Aug before I verified and made a sale of another 50.  I took out my last 5 a week or two ago since I figure there is a good chance that Mt. Gox will totally fold, and even if they do not, I see little reason to attempt to do further business with them unless I am very desperate.

My best guess from experience and research is that Mt. Gox hassles people for ID docs on BTC withdraws mostly when they have significant concerns about fraud or criminality on the part of the user.

Yeah they gave me some BS line too when I sent some documents in, including a scan of my passport.  They said my proof of residency was unacceptable.  I argued with them and they said they would consider a W-2 form from last year.  However, I'm not too sure I want to trust them with it as it has my SSN on it. 
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
November 07, 2013, 02:32:55 PM
I withdrew some BTC on the 5th, Initially I was getting the invalid wallet address error message , BTC would leave the wallet then be returned a short time later.
Then a "successful" transfer was made but only successful in that the BTC left my wallet and now seem stuck in transit, im still waiting for the BTC transfer to show on the network, how long have people had to wait for BTC withdrawls to go through when withdrawn from Gox? I still have no idea from support if it will be hours, days weeks or longer to arrive. I get told there are delays but that is kind of obvious.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
November 07, 2013, 02:24:19 PM
Does your Mt. gox account require verification for bitcoin withdraws?  I have cash sitting there that I can't get because they keep denying my verification documents.  At this point I'd be willing to take the hit and get the coins out.  Although I'd probably get a double spend like others have been reporting.  All I know is that the goose that laid the golden egg was given to Tux and he decided to slaughter it.   

I only decided to provide my ID docs just before I decided that I wanted to get a fiat withdraw underway.  It was a big deal to me as I value such docs highly.

Mt. Gox rejected my docs initially also for a bogus reason:  My P.O. box appeared on my driver's license along with my physical address since it is common for people in my area to avoid their street mailbox due to theft and vandalism.  After a rather frustrated note, they went ahead and verified me.  By that time I was pissed because I had already sent them my docs and the damage was done.

If Mt. Gox would have been honest and said that they simply cannot send funds to U.S. customers via intl wire and don't know when they will be able to, I would have chosen to not sacrifice my identity documents.  I am rather pissed at them because their deceit cost me the loss of my docs and I value them at upwards of $10k.

In my case I have never had any trouble taking BTC out.  I took out around 50 in Aug before I verified and made a sale of another 50.  I took out my last 5 a week or two ago since I figure there is a good chance that Mt. Gox will totally fold, and even if they do not, I see little reason to attempt to do further business with them unless I am very desperate.

My best guess from experience and research is that Mt. Gox hassles people for ID docs on BTC withdraws mostly when they have significant concerns about fraud or criminality on the part of the user.

Activity: 169
November 07, 2013, 02:07:50 PM
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
November 07, 2013, 05:31:49 AM
Notes on International Withdrawals

SEPA Withdrawals:
Due to the daily withdrawal limits imposed by our European bank, all fund transfers to SEPA accounts in Europe will take 8 weeks or more depending on the size of your withdrawal.
£1200 withdraw initiated this morning lets see how long......

Why bother? Will probaly be upto 12 weeks by the times you get them.
basically to see how much - I have had BTC in gox since I bought at £40 IIRC - I had not moved them out but put large sale prices on them - long term
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
November 07, 2013, 05:05:15 AM
Someone can help me?, Any ideas please?

Login to the mtgox IRC channel and chat directly. Save the text of the session for reference afterwards.
Activity: 176
November 07, 2013, 05:03:57 AM

SEPA Withdrawals:
Due to the daily withdrawal limits imposed by our European bank, all fund transfers to SEPA accounts in Europe will take 8 weeks or more depending on the size of your withdrawal.

Why bother? Will probaly be upto 12 weeks by the times you get them.
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
November 07, 2013, 04:57:56 AM

SEPA Withdrawals:
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
November 07, 2013, 04:41:32 AM
Since    11/03/2013    18:20:20 GMT   I sent 700 BTC  to this address:  (  https://blockchain.info/es/address/1PPWBeauKVg3PahkbA3VXXS6zrfvfsMNJC  ) I'm still waiting. The balance in my account looks like he made ​​the shipment but  IT IS NOT TRUE.  Where is my money?

This was my operation and so appears on my Account history:

There are only 2 possible options: 1) my btc appear in my account so that I can dispose of them, or 2) btc appear in the destination address ( 1PPWBeauKVg3PahkbA3VXXS6zrfvfsMNJC ).

Since 11/03/2013 18:20:20 GMT I'm still waiting for a solution.

Have they lost my money forever? Where is my money?  

Someone can help me?, Any ideas please?
Activity: 277
Merit: 254
November 07, 2013, 03:33:37 AM
With a great relief I can say that we have just received our several thousand EUR payment from MtGox to our bank account in EU.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
November 07, 2013, 03:06:52 AM
My new below 0.5btc withdraw made it to blockchain immediately.
Seems they have some spare change left.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 07, 2013, 03:01:42 AM
Withdrew some BTC almost 9 hours ago, no sign on the blockchain Sad
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
November 07, 2013, 12:36:18 AM
Gox made it back up to coinbase level now.
Rather Coinbase came back down to Mt Gox. They were over $281 at one point.
Someone probably sold some coins to them ^.^
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
November 07, 2013, 12:15:23 AM
Rather Coinbase came back down to Mt Gox. They were over $281 at one point.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
November 07, 2013, 12:12:54 AM
Coinbase $8 over gox...  gox finally run out of fiat?

I also withdrew a 3 digit amount of BTC from gox. the amount was reduced from my account but it was never sent out on the blockchain. If anyone has any information about this please PM me I am kind of bugging out.

No fiat, no coins?

Blitz might be right: Emptygox!

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
November 07, 2013, 12:06:45 AM
Coinbase $8 over gox...  gox finally run out of fiat?

I also withdrew a 3 digit amount of BTC from gox. the amount was reduced from my account but it was never sent out on the blockchain. If anyone has any information about this please PM me I am kind of bugging out.

No fiat, no coins?

Blitz might be right: Emptygox!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
November 06, 2013, 11:56:32 PM
Yep,

I did a small transfer of 1.1 bitcoins. No sign of the transaction appearing on the blockchain. They are keeping us hostage. Fun times.

Mine was a bit bigger, but still nothing that would break the bank.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
November 06, 2013, 11:53:06 PM
Ya, it's looking more and more likely to me that Karpeles is simply out of his league given the cronic mis-steps as Mt. Gox tanks.
The business is larger than one person can manage alone, and for some reason he appears unable or unwilling to get help.

'Deer in the headlights'?

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
November 06, 2013, 11:49:42 PM
Ya, it's looking more and more likely to me that Karpeles is simply out of his league given the cronic mis-steps as Mt. Gox tanks.
The business is larger than one person can manage alone, and for some reason he appears unable or unwilling to get help.
Jump to: