Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 231. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
November 10, 2013, 11:46:20 AM
Best of luck to everyone. I'm finally 100% out of gox. They sent me my last few hundred coins just after the crash (took 4 days to withdraw BTC).

This thread was fun while it lasted, but glad its no longer relevant.
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
November 10, 2013, 11:40:16 AM
Questions for you guys
if bitstamp or else have same exchange rate or better than cheatgox ,why people are still using them?
Because MtGox has a superior API, superior features (e.g. multi-currency trading) and superior order book depth.  And people trust MtGox more than Bitstamp.  (Yes, really.)
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
November 10, 2013, 08:13:40 AM
" SEPA Withdrawals:

Due to the daily withdrawal limits imposed by our European bank, all fund transfers to SEPA accounts in Europe will take 8 weeks or more depending on the size of your withdrawal. "

This guys have no sense of absurd at all !!! No more gox for me !
Activity: 109
November 10, 2013, 06:27:36 AM

At the end of the day, Tradehill made me whole while Mt. Gox has been sitting on my $5k for three months now and there is no sign that I will ever get my funds...other than it remaining vaguely possible since they have yet to close shop and take off with the money.

Or you can buy 20BTC and have your money out in an hour or two.   But then you wouldn't have a reason to bitch and moan I suppose.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
November 10, 2013, 01:30:31 AM
So many trolls hating on mtgox, reminds me of the 2011 spectacle. Good thing I didn't listen then, and won't listen now. Still haven't lost a single bitcoin to faulty services, unlike tradehill and bitcoinica that was promoted as 10x as safe as mtgox back then by 90% of the forum posts. I still don't get those who trust bitstamp over mtgox, but that is just my own view perhaps. Seems alot of people are confusing security with fast money transfers. Which is probably because the other exchanges don't have the same volum yet anyway .. or because they don't prioritize security over speed.

Stockholm syndrome?

I personally refuse to use gox anymore as they treat their customers like they dont matter.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
November 09, 2013, 01:29:47 PM
So many trolls hating on mtgox, reminds me of the 2011 spectacle. Good thing I didn't listen then, and won't listen now. Still haven't lost a single bitcoin to faulty services, unlike tradehill and bitcoinica that was promoted as 10x as safe as mtgox back then by 90% of the forum posts. I still don't get those who trust bitstamp over mtgox, but that is just my own view perhaps. Seems alot of people are confusing security with fast money transfers. Which is probably because the other exchanges don't have the same volum yet anyway .. or because they don't prioritize security over speed.

Minor point of correction.  Mt. Gox did indeed lose BTC in a very real way.  They sent a weeks worth of profit into a black hole once due to a coding error, and those coins are completely gone from circulation forever.  They made their customers whole out of their own profits of course.  Mt. Gox has also been hacked and lost data to an insider.

In contrast, Tradehill was never to my knowledge hacked.  Some people claim that they were never made whole after the various Tradehill-I shutdown, but the same claim is made for every service that shuts down.  All I can say is that I received a check for my fiat balance in full and in a timely manner, and of course I had the opportunity to withdraw my BTC balance at my leisure.  I never kept a BTC balance with them anyway.

At the end of the day, Tradehill made me whole while Mt. Gox has been sitting on my $5k for three months now and there is no sign that I will ever get my funds...other than it remaining vaguely possible since they have yet to close shop and take off with the money.

Currently, Bitstamp is a shitty place to sell because more desperate small-time/crooked sellers are there pushing the price down.  Bitcoin-E even worse.  In any event, I would not do business with either as long as they are not up-front about who I'm entrusting funds (and more importantly, my identity doc scans) to.

Coinbase is really coming through for me as an American seller who has no criminal things going on.

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
November 09, 2013, 05:47:04 AM
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 09, 2013, 04:29:21 AM
do you have any proof that Bitstamp operates illegal?!?
Proof: They issue Ripple USD (electronic money according to 2009/110/EC) without the required license.

There are grey areas as well.  E.g. Bitstamp don't think they need to be licensed as a payment provider to operate at this scale, while MtGox's attorneys think MtGox do.  MtGox operates safely by staying within limits while applying for a license.  Bitstamp may hit a brick wall if regulators decide they do need a license.  (Assuming Bitstamp process roughly the same number of fiat transactions, but their number may be significantly lower of course.)

In different country,  the view of govement is different at bitcoin. US GOV thinks MTGOX is very helpful to dark econmy(like SL/money laundry etc) and set many limits to MTGOX.   Bitstamp already requests personal information when user want to make bitcoin trade in Bitstamp.  Many small bitcoin exchange websites have been created in last two years. All of them to be closed is impossible.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
November 09, 2013, 03:44:35 AM
Questions for you guys

if bitstamp or else have same exchange rate or better than cheatgox ,why people are still using them?

legendary
November 09, 2013, 03:39:46 AM
Proof: They issue Ripple USD (electronic money according to 2009/110/EC) without the required license.

There are grey areas as well.  E.g. Bitstamp don't think they need to be licensed as a payment provider to operate at this scale, while MtGox's attorneys think MtGox do.  MtGox operates safely by staying within limits while applying for a license.  Bitstamp may hit a brick wall if regulators decide they do need a license.  (Assuming Bitstamp process roughly the same number of fiat transactions, but their number may be significantly lower of course.)
Activity: 76
November 08, 2013, 09:26:32 PM
Since    11/03/2013    18:20:20 GMT   I sent 700 BTC  to this address:  (  https://blockchain.info/es/address/1PPWBeauKVg3PahkbA3VXXS6zrfvfsMNJC  ) I'm still waiting. The balance in my account looks like he made ​​the shipment but  IT IS NOT TRUE.  Where is my money?

This was my operation and so appears on my Account history:

There are only 2 possible options: 1) my btc appear in my account so I can dispose of them, or 2) btc appear in the destination address ( 1PPWBeauKVg3PahkbA3VXXS6zrfvfsMNJC ).

Since 11/03/2013 18:20:20 GMT I'm still waiting for a solution.

Have they lost my money forever? Where is my money? 

Someone can help me?, Any ideas please?

At last, after over 5 days Mtgox has made the withdrawal. I suffered a lot for your fault Goodbye forever MtGox.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 08, 2013, 08:53:18 PM
UPDATE: finally the money arrived at my bank account.

This process took about 6 months and I had to pay a 5% fee of the total transfer to "expedite" the transfer. (total transfer was in the thousands).
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
November 08, 2013, 08:21:03 PM
I do not understand why mtgox doesnt hire some firm to negotiate some new banking partners for them. Bitstamp has no issues(or do they?,
Many people have issues getting bitcoins in to Bitstamp.  Some banks block transfers to Bitstamp.  Bitstamp chose to operate illegally without a license.  It works for them now, but nobody knows for how long.  MtGox are more careful, and decided to apply for a license instead.  MtGox will not get a licence if they operate in violation of the law when applying, so they have to keep to their limits for a little longer until the licensing process is completed.

Hello,

I needed there also validation with ID and Postadress.

To be not Regulated in the UK doesnt mean their Service is illegal. (I doubt that this would last long in the UK).
What interest me is as an Investor is that the service is working, honest and trustwothy!
When regulation makes the company like gox in the end, i hope they stay unregulated.

Remember Bitcoins intension was to empower the people, not to devote them under the banks (regulation) again...

Just FWIW, here's a partial checklist I use these days:

- Is the domain name registration cloaked?

- Is the identity of the company principles a guarded secret?

- Is the business registered in the country in which they operate?

Of course these markers are not a one-to-one match with long-con operations, or operations which eventually pack up shop (with customer's funds) when a certain set of circumstances arise, but there does seem to be a strong correlation.

I only ever did business with Mt. Gox (or tried to) because they did not display these markers.  One of the reason I choose to avoid Bitstamp was because they do seem to.  In no instance to date have I ever entrusted more funds to ANY business than I can afford to lose...and have a chuckle while doing so in fact.

It pisses me off that Mt. Gox has my ID documents now and I have nothing to show for it, but I would be even more alarmed if either Bitstamp or Paymium had them.

I would advise caution if you are hoping to 'stick it to the man' as an excuse for not demanding all available mechanisms to protect your own ass.  Scammers in this environment will leverage that mindset among their userbase to their advantage sometimes.

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
November 08, 2013, 08:04:59 PM
Just to report that my second september withdraw has arrived, and that I have no more neither fiat nor btc there. Thank you mtgox, and good bye
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
November 08, 2013, 08:02:17 PM
I do not understand why mtgox doesnt hire some firm to negotiate some new banking partners for them. Bitstamp has no issues(or do they?,
Many people have issues getting bitcoins in to Bitstamp.  Some banks block transfers to Bitstamp.  Bitstamp chose to operate illegally without a license.  It works for them now, but nobody knows for how long.  MtGox are more careful, and decided to apply for a license instead.  MtGox will not get a licence if they operate in violation of the law when applying, so they have to keep to their limits for a little longer until the licensing process is completed.

Hello,

I needed there also validation with ID and Postadress.

To be not Regulated in the UK doesnt mean their Service is illegal. (I doubt that this would last long in the UK).
What interest me is as an Investor is that the service is working, honest and trustwothy!
When regulation makes the company like gox in the end, i hope they stay unregulated.

Remember Bitcoins intension was to empower the people, not to devote them under the banks (regulation) again...
legendary
November 08, 2013, 07:15:45 PM
Aha maybe it was to a gox address, i dont know?

How would i check to make sure its gone through then if it was to a gox address?
AFAIK there is no other way than to ask the recipient.  I have hard rumours of an unpublished API call to check if an address belongs to MtGox (money/bitcoin/check_recipient), but it looks like it needs special permissions or perhaps it is depreciated.  I always get the error "Must be logged in" when trying, and I do use my credentials when calling it.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
November 08, 2013, 06:20:25 PM
Aha maybe it was to a gox address, i dont know?

How would i check to make sure its gone through then if it was to a gox address?
legendary
November 08, 2013, 05:51:40 PM
That's a BTC withdraw from gox, on 10/22 for 26BTC. Note that the address has never been used.
This doesn't mean much without more information.  If the address belong to a MtGox account, the transaction will be instant and never hit the blockchain.  (Unless you check Open transaction, which makes it go via the blockchain and require six confirmations like other deposits to MtGox.)  I'm not saying you are wrong and MtGox support is right, but we can't know that without more information. 
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
November 08, 2013, 05:09:07 PM
hahahah and a half hour ago, they send me this e-mail:

Eiden, Nov 09 05:44 (JST):
Hello,

Thank you for the email. Could you please let us know if you have any pending BTC withdrawal in your Mtgox account,we can see there is no pending withdrawals in your account.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
November 08, 2013, 05:05:26 PM
Okay people, longest bitcoin transaction in the history of bitcoin here we are:

2013/10/22
04:30:22
withdraw      26.60000000 BTC   0.06053890 BTC
Bitcoin withdraw to 19LFwJJCD664WMFSvv2K7n1saETAVUjThA

That's a BTC withdraw from gox, on 10/22 for 26BTC. Note that the address has never been used.

I've many more withdraws since then, most only a couple days old though, which haven't gone through.

Jump to: