Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 246. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
October 21, 2013, 12:35:21 PM
Everything has been resolved for me. My BTC arrived a couple minutes ago. The support staff on the IRC channel were very helpful.

Please tell us how many hours it took to receive your coins from Gox, it may be helpful to others in the same situation as you were.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
October 21, 2013, 08:10:42 AM
Waiting for Euro 10k SEPA transfer for >1 month now. Trusted Gox account. Getting impatient.

My 10k Euro arrived on 18 Oct. Withdrawal date 12 Sep. Phew.

PS: I lost 110 Euro somewhere between MtGox/Poland and my bank in a neighboring country. Can't be SEPA, so MtGox took it? Fees? (haven't used Euro withdrawal before)

Miracles do happen from time to time. If 1 in 100 request gets filled, then its a good indication they are broke.

The EUR withdrawals have been working consistently for me since August. It just takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
October 21, 2013, 07:43:00 AM
It's not that easy. Unfortunately it also burns newcomers.
There should be a warning on bitcointalk like "Don't deal with Gox, don't buy BFL etc..."
Yes, but only to a point.
I discovered bitcoin when price was ~$0.5, but I wasn't able to find an exchange that didn't sound fishy to me, so I just didn't do anything.
I started buying them when price was at ~$5, when I was satisfied by what I found.
"Just doing it" and "being careful" are opposite strategies, sometimes one is better, sometimes the other one is.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
October 21, 2013, 07:39:48 AM
Want the highest price for your coins, your going to have to wait.   What a load of bitching and moaning this thread has become.   You've all known there were withdrawal issues for like 6 months.  So stop sending your coins there.   Its not rocket science.
+1

people just want to get hurt.

It's not that easy. Unfortunately it also burns newcomers.
There should be a warning on bitcointalk like "Don't deal with Gox, don't buy BFL etc..."
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
October 21, 2013, 07:37:09 AM
Want the highest price for your coins, your going to have to wait.   What a load of bitching and moaning this thread has become.   You've all known there were withdrawal issues for like 6 months.  So stop sending your coins there.   Its not rocket science.
+1

people just want to get hurt.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
October 21, 2013, 05:14:14 AM
it's simple, you cant withdraw fiat currency out of mtgox, so only way for people to get money out is to buy bitcoins and transfer it out.
This is not true.   I received an EUR transfer myself on Thursday, and domestic JPY is pretty fast.  USD transfers are either extremely delayed or very expensive.

Last time i will say this - get your bitcoins out of mtgox, it's just not worth the risk to leave it in there - there is no reward only risk.
Unless you want to sell them for EUR or JPY and withdraw the fiat, of course.  You will get much more for your bitcoins at MtGox than almost anywhere else.  Or trade, of course.  I made a pretty sum myself yesterday.

You may have recieved one on thursday, but when did you request it?

They have said to me (in a support email) that SEPA transfers are more than 4 weeks, I had one which was on 3 weeks and counting so frankly I believe them when they say this...  This does not look good for them, I am not so sure why you are so hell-bent on trying to pursuade others that transfers on gox are working well when they clearly aren't, but as anybody reading this thread should have now realised, despite what some users say, withdrawals on Gox are really a no-go: Don't do it.
Activity: 227
October 21, 2013, 04:26:53 AM
Waiting for Euro 10k SEPA transfer for >1 month now. Trusted Gox account. Getting impatient.

PS: I lost 110 Euro somewhere between MtGox/Poland and my bank in a neighboring country. Can't be SEPA, so MtGox took it? Fees? (haven't used Euro withdrawal before)

Lucky you, still waiting on mine. The 110 is a 1% fee they take.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
October 21, 2013, 04:02:11 AM
No shit.  The obvious reason for this is that Mt. Gox does not do a good job of communications.

For my part, a lack of information is a neutral indication of incompetence.  Deliberate mis-information such as what they have produced with their 'several weeks' assertions are no longer neutral.  This has turn me hostile to Mt. Gox over the last few weeks.
A fun thought experiment: Take the information you think is true. Your task is to find Mt.Gox actions that enables all Mt.Gox users
equally to act without destroying the exchange beyond the possibility of repair.

Tell us your findings here.

P.S.: If you are Mt.Gox friendly, you could add that counterparties are interested in aggravating the situation through
altering perception (i.e. through blogs, forum entries ...). Bitcoin-land I love you.

Very difficult for me.  I almost never think anything is true with 100% certainty.  I usually can only assign a probability to something, then shift it around as observations come in.  Anyway, I don't really understand your experiment as stated.  I'd like to though because I delight in fun thought experiments.

I'm much more hostile then friendly as long as they sit on my money and give me false information about when (and if) I can expect it.  OTOH, I had to force the situation in order to get verified, and I was under no false illusion about the severity of their problems and the kinds of difficulties I was very likely to face.  I'd prefer to see Mt. Gox emerge as a viable entity because I think it would be good for Bitcoin, and because I feel that they have done generally positive things for the ecosystem over it's life.  I think it a fair bet that if they survive at all, they will never achieve the dominance that they once commanded.  That is also a good thing in my opinion.

Activity: 501
October 21, 2013, 03:30:49 AM

Miracles do happen from time to time. If 1 in 100 request gets filled, then its a good indication they are broke.

Actually, SEPA withdrawals do work. There is no indication anywhere that there are SEPA withdrawals made before Sep 10 or so that haven't been processed.

International withdrawals, however, are processed so slowly (if at all) that they do not really progress at all. I'd guess they process one day's worth of regular USD withdrawals every month, at most.

Gox is not out of fiat. Even if they have lost most of their fiat reserves, there are still idiots who send fiat to Gox in order to buy (at the 10% premium). And as long as people send fiat to Gox, they make money with the fees. So, even if they're under water, they'll surface eventually.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
October 21, 2013, 02:42:38 AM

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
October 21, 2013, 02:36:59 AM
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
October 21, 2013, 02:34:22 AM

As Mt. Gox states on their website, there is a 1% fee for SEPA withdrawals, so that's what you "lost".
Activity: 489
Immersionist
October 21, 2013, 12:53:59 AM

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
October 20, 2013, 10:48:11 PM
Some users are waiting for BTC withdraws under the premise of "network congestion" and "blockchain out of sync" from Gox.  Very blatant form of capital controls.
The conspiracy theories run high here.

There is a bug here, and "network congestion" is in fact not a bad way to put it without going through the whole technical explanation.

Actually, it is intentionally deceptive. When they say "network congestion", they are trying to imply that the problem is outside their control, some "congestion" in the real bitcoin network. Nothing could be further from the truth. Their "congestion" is completely inside their own systems.

They have tried to use that excuse on me with bitcoin deposits. My transaction had already received more than 23 confirmations on the live bitcoin blockchain and they still tried to blame "network congestion".
legendary
Activity: 840
October 20, 2013, 10:47:26 PM
Everything has been resolved for me. My BTC arrived a couple minutes ago. The support staff on the IRC channel were very helpful.
legendary
October 20, 2013, 05:38:44 PM
36 hours now and my very large BTC withdrawal is not on the blockchain... wtf... techsupport is on weekend mode. Been scouring IRC for MagicalTux.
Do you see it here?  Just convert it to hex (base64 decode), and you will see your address (in hex) in on of the transactions.  Decode it and check the inputs, etc.
I used this website to decode the text and then convert it to hex:
http://ostermiller.org/calc/encode.html

Couldn't find my btc address on there. Someone else on IRC suggested using my transaction number that was emailed to me. Didn't find anything. Not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I also converted it directly into hex and same result.
Activity: 196
October 20, 2013, 04:43:15 PM
No shit.  The obvious reason for this is that Mt. Gox does not do a good job of communications.

For my part, a lack of information is a neutral indication of incompetence.  Deliberate mis-information such as what they have produced with their 'several weeks' assertions are no longer neutral.  This has turn me hostile to Mt. Gox over the last few weeks.
A fun thought experiment: Take the information you think is true. Your task is to find Mt.Gox actions that enables all Mt.Gox users
equally to act without destroying the exchange beyond the possibility of repair.

Tell us your findings here.

P.S.: If you are Mt.Gox friendly, you could add that counterparties are interested in aggravating the situation through
altering perception (i.e. through blogs, forum entries ...). Bitcoin-land I love you.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
October 20, 2013, 04:32:15 PM
Some users are waiting for BTC withdraws under the premise of "network congestion" and "blockchain out of sync" from Gox.  Very blatant form of capital controls.
The conspiracy theories run high here.

No shit.  The obvious reason for this is that Mt. Gox does not do a good job of communications.

For my part, a lack of information is a neutral indication of incompetence.  Deliberate mis-information such as what they have produced with their 'several weeks' assertions are no longer neutral.  This has turn me hostile to Mt. Gox over the last few weeks.

legendary
October 20, 2013, 10:41:15 AM
36 hours now and my very large BTC withdrawal is not on the blockchain... wtf... techsupport is on weekend mode. Been scouring IRC for MagicalTux.
Do you see it here?  Just convert it to hex (base64 decode), and you will see your address (in hex) in on of the transactions.  Decode it and check the inputs, etc.
I will check this out right now and tell you.
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
October 20, 2013, 10:37:00 AM
Jump to: