Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 243. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
October 24, 2013, 02:37:51 PM
Reminder that it's soon 3 months since Emptygox has supplied us with any sort of update with regards to the SWIFT withdrawal situation.

Reminder that they still mislead people by having this on the withdrawal page:

International Wire Transfers: 
At the moment we are manually processing wire transfers and have a slight backlog as we create a new withdrawal system with our banking partners. Your withdrawal may take two weeks or more depending on the amount.

Two weeks or more, guys.

That is actually very accurate.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
October 24, 2013, 02:25:23 PM
Reminder that it's soon 3 months since Emptygox has supplied us with any sort of update with regards to the SWIFT withdrawal situation.

At the moment we are manually processing wire transfers and have a slight backlog as we create a new withdrawal system with our banking partners. Your withdrawal may take two weeks or more depending on the amount.

Two weeks or more, guys.

Emptygox or cheatbox is really the appropriate name

An archaic term would be 'has-been'.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 24, 2013, 02:20:53 PM

Two weeks or more, guys.

Emptygox or cheatbox is really the appropriate name

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
October 24, 2013, 02:02:25 PM

Two weeks or more, guys.
legendary
October 24, 2013, 11:21:05 AM

Because US is a shithole, muricans just go and use coinbase, you are ruining it for others, because of your shitty government mtgox has delays, just fuck off will ya, mtgox is for japanese and europeans get your stupid dollars from somewhere else

I just switched to Coinbase.  Solves all my current needs, and I don't have to send a high quality identity theft kit some sketchy Bitcoin start-up run by teens in Central Europe in order to use it.  Had money in the bank less than three days after initially trying to sign up.  Got a fair price (not the Bitstamp price which is depressed by the desperate) and in volumes that localbitcoins cannot deal with.

If it would have been more clear that you can do something besides just buy BTC there, and that they (very logically) rely on the banks which one hooks an account to to perform identity and reporting functions, I would have signed up long ago.

Activity: 504
October 24, 2013, 11:16:41 AM
I suggest you do the same thing, and the police does not hand out receipts when you report a crime.
Yes, they do.  If you file a proper report.  Don't expect anything to happen if not, unless someone's life is in immediate danger.

I don't expect to get anything personal out of it. It's just formal procedure, and we owe it to possible new customers. If I raise a civil claim, I also need to prove that I, as a victim of a crime have acted accordingly.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
October 24, 2013, 10:27:38 AM
Situation as of 16 October 2013: We are currently processing withdrawals requested five weeks ago. (Users with several withdrawals in the queue must take the 20 day rule above into account)

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21649594-Withdrawals-and-Deposits

* Japanese Domestic Transfer - Only for Japanese residents.
     * Polish Domestic Transfer - Only for Polish residents.
    * International Wire Transfer - Please note that we are unable to accept funds coming from or going to any entity, state or country listed by the US OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control).  If you wish to deposit from or withdraw to one of these countries, we are sorry but you can not do so through MtGox.
    * SEPA - Only for European residents
     * Okpay - Only for deposits

From the link above updated 10/17/2013. Does this mean no transfers to the US?

Because US is a shithole, muricans just go and use coinbase, you are ruining it for others, because of your shitty government mtgox has delays, just fuck off will ya, mtgox is for japanese and europeans get your stupid dollars from somewhere else
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
October 24, 2013, 10:20:18 AM
I suggest you do the same thing, and the police does not hand out receipts when you report a crime.
Yes, they do.  If you file a proper report.  Don't expect anything to happen if not, unless someone's life is in immediate danger.
Activity: 378
October 24, 2013, 07:58:57 AM
it seems even by paying 5% these guys are promising to give your money in 5 days.

The reality is that you ll have to wait 3 to 5 weeks to get your money in your account

so why are you promising people to have your money in 5 days?Huh?
October 24, 2013, 07:42:34 AM
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
October 24, 2013, 05:40:09 AM
What is the countdown on Mt.Gox being acknowledged as banking institution in Europe?
They have been reported to Japanese police for fraud. And are in the process of being declared bankrupt!

You stupid fuck!
Thank you very much for the information. Could you add some references please, sir.
You stupid fuck!
I had bad days recently, too.
Sorry, no intent to offend you. Yeah had too much of this. I'm the record holder: Had my withdraw lied about since May 5th.

Tokyo Metropolitan Police: http://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/anzen/sub1.htm
Public Legal assistance offices: http://www.houterasu.or.jp/housenmonka/seitsuu/index.html
As I suspected.  Just your usual big mouthed trolling.  You haven't reported anything, and no company will be declared bankrupt unless it is.  MtGox is obviously not.
+1

Just FUD-spreading.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
October 24, 2013, 04:53:04 AM
One positive development: Gox seems to have started updating their FAQ more regularly about the SEPA queue.

Quote from: Mt. Gox
Situation as of 24 October 2013: We are currently processing withdrawals requested six weeks ago. (Users with several withdrawals in the queue must take the 20 day rule above into account)

Apparently some kind of glut in the withdrawals from around Sep 11 onwards, since they haven't really progressed at all from week ago. However, there's a steady stream of reports of completed SEPA withdrawals, so there's hope left.
Activity: 176
October 24, 2013, 02:54:56 AM
Americans and their lawsuits ..
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
October 24, 2013, 01:53:36 AM
What is the countdown on Mt.Gox being acknowledged as banking institution in Europe?
They have been reported to Japanese police for fraud. And are in the process of being declared bankrupt!

You stupid fuck!
Thank you very much for the information. Could you add some references please, sir.
You stupid fuck!
Sorry, no intent to offend you. Yeah had too much of this. I'm the record holder: Had my withdraw lied about since May 5th.

Public Legal assistance offices: http://www.houterasu.or.jp/housenmonka/seitsuu/index.html
As I suspected.  Just your usual big mouthed trolling.  You haven't reported anything, and no company will be declared bankrupt unless it is.  MtGox is obviously not.
October 24, 2013, 01:17:34 AM

You stupid fuck!

You stupid fuck!

Activity: 196
October 24, 2013, 12:19:24 AM

You stupid fuck!

You stupid fuck!
legendary
October 23, 2013, 11:54:32 PM
I was informed that they are forbidden to provide information about why my money is being held for 3 months or when will the money be released.  Angry

I'd hypothesized that Mt. Gox could be restricted by a gag order, but it seemed to me unlikely that an investigation/harassment would rise to that level particularly given the jurisdictional issues.  I'm not aware of how (and if) gag orders are implemented when driven by the Japanese of course.  If Japan was pressured to apply U.S. gag order practices to Mt. Gox it would be a very interesting development...even considering their Mutum Smegma or whatever wing of their operations.

If there is any truth to this statement and I had any criminal dealings that could be elucidated by data that Mt. Gox holds, I'd be shitting a brick and thinking about acting upon any exit strategies which may exist.

To my knowledge, a gag order does not require that one lie to their customers (e.g., 'we hope to get new banking partners working in several weeks') so even if they are under a gag order I still feel that they've done me wrong and I'll not forget it.

October 23, 2013, 11:01:52 PM

You stupid fuck!
Activity: 196
October 23, 2013, 06:25:28 PM
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
October 23, 2013, 05:55:57 PM
I was informed that they are forbidden to provide information about why my money is being held for 3 months or when will the money be released.  Angry

Got a screenshot of that?
Jump to: