Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 294. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
August 27, 2013, 10:29:33 AM
  • EUR via SEPA is less than one week
    • maximum per user is one withdrawal per 20 days

Where the hell did you find this? First time I hear of it ...  Huh
Activity: 32
August 27, 2013, 10:17:30 AM
sturle I just read that thread really carefully and I have to say that your logic make really sense to me.
The arguments, the figures, the answers properly built, no problem for me, you nailed them.

But your last post...

Would you be kind engouh to explain me how can you defend that hard MtGox without having done any SEPA withdrawal before?

Because considering I'm cynical, users saying the withdrawals worked on this topic didn't bring no proof at all (if I want I can copy paste the same kind of bullshit) so the only stuff which was keeping me interested was your arguments about MG solvability, but with this last post I'm a little bit confused =)
Even if I did a withdrawal, it would be only one example of a successful withdrawal.  I think it is important to get the facts right.  So far all delays have been explained, and within expected limits.  There are plenty of people reporting successful withdrawals.  You don't need another one.

A short summary of what we currently know about withdrawals:
  • JPY domestic is next day
    • one extra delay recorded due to misspelling of Japanese name
    • one day extra recorded due to extraordinary volume (JPY withdrawal volume was > 1 million USD yesterday)
    • very large withdrawals can be delayed up tp two weeks
  • International withdrawals are very slow.
    • Only 10 standard international withdrawals are processed daily.
    • Queue is strictly FIFO, unclear if FIFO is per user or per withdrawal.
    • It is possible to make an express manual withdrawal via another payment provider for a fee.
Any counterexamples?

> First of all, I'm just interested by SEPA withdrawals to avoid any other long quotes.

> Second I don't need counter examples when there is no example to counter.

> Then, I disagree, what we currently know for sure is :
             - the delay written on MG website and
             - some people (not that much I hope you will follow me on this or post examples) who claim withdrawals worked.
And I'm sorry to point it but nothing's proven.

But you didn't answer my question : Why did you spend so much time to defend something you didn't even try yourself?

Activity: 7
August 27, 2013, 10:15:20 AM
Because considering I'm cynical, users saying the withdrawals worked on this topic didn't bring no proof at all (if I want I can copy paste the same kind of bullshit) so the only stuff which was keeping me interested was your arguments about MG solvability, but with this last post I'm a little bit confused =)

As said earlier my last SEPA took just 3 days, I can see I've shown no actual proof of this other than I could take some screenshots of GOX and my Bank Acct but as these would easily be doctered would there be much point? if there is I'd be happy do do it.

at 7K Sturle's withdrawal is much larger than mine but under 10k it'll be interesting to see how quick it is.
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
August 27, 2013, 10:03:23 AM
sturle I just read that thread really carefully and I have to say that your logic make really sense to me.
The arguments, the figures, the answers properly built, no problem for me, you nailed them.

But your last post...

Would you be kind engouh to explain me how can you defend that hard MtGox without having done any SEPA withdrawal before?

Even if I did a withdrawal, it would be only one example of a successful withdrawal.  I think it is important to get the facts right.  So far all delays have been explained, and within expected limits.  There are plenty of people reporting successful withdrawals.  You don't need another one.

A short summary of what we currently know about withdrawals:
  • JPY domestic is next day
    • one extra delay recorded due to misspelling of Japanese name
    • one day extra recorded due to extraordinary volume (JPY withdrawal volume was > 1 million USD yesterday)
    • very large withdrawals can be delayed up tp two weeks
  • International withdrawals are very slow.
    • Only 10 standard international withdrawals are processed daily.
    • Queue is strictly FIFO, unclear if FIFO is per user or per withdrawal.
    • It is possible to make an express manual withdrawal via another payment provider for a fee.
Any counterexamples?
Activity: 32
August 27, 2013, 09:15:35 AM

But your last post...

legendary
August 27, 2013, 08:39:22 AM
That is not how queues work. A queue is a FIFO structure. This is the lamest excuse I have heard yet for why my 10k withdrawal hasn't been processed in over 9 weeks.
In Computer Science we often use more efficient or fair queue diciplines than FIFO.  FIFO is not a perfect dicipline if the object is to give as many customers as possible acceptable service, and very unfair if they are limited to a number of transactions/day.  In that case anyone can stall the queue, causing Denial of Service to other customers, by making many small withdrawals instead of one large.

You have had a 10k EUR SEPA withdrawal in queue for over 9 weeks?  I just did a 7k withdrawal.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes.  I never withdrew fiat from MtGox before.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 27, 2013, 07:52:15 AM
I think you should not spread, that SEPA transfers are solved, until you saw it with your own eyes.. And even if no one here is lying it could be the same as usual, that it's just luck which transfer is fast and which not.
Fact is that there are thousands of undone withdraws pending or "confirmed" since weeks or months. Only if these undone transfers were done, they can say "it's solved".
You have to document your claim of thousands of withdraws pending.  I count a total of three recent SEPA withdrawals in this thread which have been pending for more  than two weeks.  Each one reeported over and over.  Standard international withdrawal is very slow.  We know that.  There is a huge backlog from the middle of June.

I'll try a four digit SEPA withdrawal next week, and report back.
I have 5 open SEPA transfers. 3 of them about 200€, one 400€ and one of 800€.  I ordered the transfers: 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/31 ,2013/08/12 and 2013/08/14. One order from 2013/07/26 about 200€ I got after 3 weeks.

So nothing is solved for open transfers... and I doubt it's solved for new transfers, but we will see.

Edit: ah and one withdrawl about 150€ from 2013/07/23 I got after a few days.

Edit2: just because there are not many people reporting delayed transfers, u can't say there are no. Because at the moment it's "normal" and normally no one cares about it anymore.
Today I made a new SEPA transfer about 300€, I will report back, if I get them next week.
I didn't have to contact support.  MagicalTux explained it on #mtgox today:
Code:
13:30 < jouke> Just received an answer on my ticket: "We were bound to certain
               withdrawal limits per day which forces the requests to pile up
               in long queue. We suggest you to cancel all your pending
               withdrawal request and make a new combined single request. So
               that it be processed faster."
13:32 <@MagicalTux> remember one thing
13:32 <@MagicalTux> if you did multiple requests, only one can be processed
                    every ~20 days
In short: Cancel all your tiny withdrawals and merge them into one.  It will be processed much faster.

That is not how queues work. A queue is a FIFO structure. This is the lamest excuse I have heard yet for why my 10k withdrawal hasn't been processed in over 9 weeks.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
August 27, 2013, 02:57:10 AM
If you requested a withdrawal anytime after July 1st you can cancel that request and sell your BTC elsewhere at a premium probably.

No, because if you cancel your withdrawal request you still have only USD or EUR in you account - and not BTC.

You'd still have to exchange USD -> BTC on MtGox before you can move it to another exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1050
August 26, 2013, 03:12:11 PM
Ok the BTC price has largely recovered from June and fully from July. If you requested a withdrawal anytime after July 1st you can cancel that request and sell your BTC elsewhere at a premium probably. Anything after June 1st can probably break even. I believe earlier withdrawals are largely filled. This BTC price rise should really ease this issue. Once again, there seems to be no problem withdrawing BTC from Mt.Gox. Simply contact their support by chat or email to cancel your USD withdrawal request (chat may be best).

no, i have been waiting 2 month for 1000 EUR and more than 1 month for 750 EUR.
it shows, that smaller amounts up to 500 EUR are much faster. maybe it's better to split it in smaller amounts.
Are they listed as SEPA or International?  SEPA is fast, international fits your description.

reading my post could help...

05-14-2013 - 800 EUR sepa - received 05-21-2013
05-22-2013 - 500 EUR sepa - received 05-23-2013
06-01-2013 - 500 EUR sepa - received 06-04-2013
06-04-2013 - 1000 EUR sepa - received 07-30-2013
06-19-2013 - 500 EUR sepa - received 07-01-2013
06-27-2013 - 750 EUR sepa - received 08-08-2013
06-28-2013 - 750 EUR int.wire - still open
07-01-2013 - 500 EUR sepa - received 07-16-2013
08-09-2013 - 300 EUR sepa - still open

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
August 26, 2013, 09:41:39 AM
You do know how much Gox lost through their stupidity though?
It can take a while until they can plug that hole through insider trading.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
August 26, 2013, 06:46:23 AM
One question:
How to cancel a withdrawal on Mtgox?

Chat with or email support.

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
August 26, 2013, 06:29:22 AM
One question:
How to cancel a withdrawal on Mtgox?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 26, 2013, 02:58:36 AM
Have you ever written a press release?  It is supposed to be as short as possible.  A press release listing every little detail will get ignored by the press.

What the hell are you talking about? They've either given false facts or left out vital information.  Their PR is absolutely worthless.  

what exactly is a false fact? lol

People are using Gox as a source of "fact." Those "facts" are false.  

March 28th:
We are also working with authorities in Europe and US to ensure our activity is in line with local regulations.

June 26th:
Mt.Gox registers as MSB with FinCEN. http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html

3 months later? Oh ya thats "working with authorities in the US to ensure their activity is in line with local regulations"

July 4th:
"Mt. Gox is happy to announce that global account withdrawals have now fully resumed as of today, after several days of testing our new system for processing transactions.....Mt. Gox has now formed relationships with several new banking partners both in Japan and around the world, and we are still in the process of finalizing even more. ..... but there is approximately a two-week back-log we need to overcome. It will take a few weeks to get back to normal."  https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20130704.html

Its been a month and a half and Karpeles is still saying in the IRC chats that they basically can only process 10 a day?  That isn't "fully resumed."

August 5th:
"We are in the process of forming relationships with new partners, banks, and taking other steps"  https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20130805.html

Ya uh sure you are.  Didn't you just say that you already "formed relationships with several new banking partners" a month ago?

The double talk is the main tell that Gox likely has issues they are not disclosing.
EBM
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 25, 2013, 07:11:34 PM
"Customers were about to get their own IBAN at Bitcoin-Central when they had to close due to a security breach at their hosting provider.  I hope they'll open again soon."

Crap. Just added our bank details to our account there. Better tell the bank...
The security breach happened months ago.  If you just added something, you should be safe.

Thanks. Troubled mind eased...!
legendary
August 25, 2013, 06:30:28 PM
"Customers were about to get their own IBAN at Bitcoin-Central when they had to close due to a security breach at their hosting provider.  I hope they'll open again soon."

The security breach happened months ago.  If you just added something, you should be safe.
legendary
August 25, 2013, 06:22:37 PM
For me, this thread is being derailed by gox puppets showing how much they did arbitraging. If it's so easy to make this load of money, why is the spread still 10%?
A little under 8.3% now.  May still be worth the trouble, but not much longer as the spread goes down.  I expect it to go down even further when banks start moving again in the morning.  Price in EUR (or in JPY) on MtGox is 2.5% lower than price in USD, so 5.8%.  2% in fees, including transaction fees, bank fees and currency conversion fee from EUR to USD if I use Bitstamp.  3.8% left.  Bitcurex is a bit more promising right now, but very low volume.  Not sure if there will be more profitable arbitrage left when the money arrive if I withdraw from MtGox now.
EBM
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 25, 2013, 06:15:20 PM

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
August 25, 2013, 05:27:16 PM
It was 20% a week ago....
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
August 25, 2013, 05:14:55 PM
This topic is a comic book.
It's such a misfortune that there are only a few posts a day in it.
We need some more trolling from people that defends Gox without proof and other that attacks it without reason.

Personally, i'm betting my money (i'm awaiting on the line on bitstamp) to buy cheap when mtgox will collapse. It looks like to be much less probable than a week ago, but i still have reasons to keep my bet going. When the spread will be stable for a long period under 2-3%, i will call myself a loser. I could arbitrage from bitstamp to gox, but i wan't, because i don't trust the latter with the sepa withdrawn.

For me, this thread is being derailed by gox puppets showing how much they did arbitraging. If it's so easy to make this load of money, why is the spread still 10%?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
August 25, 2013, 04:13:17 PM
Have you ever written a press release?  It is supposed to be as short as possible.  A press release listing every little detail will get ignored by the press. 

What the hell are you talking about? They've either given false facts or left out vital information.  Their PR is absolutely worthless.  

what exactly is a false fact? lol
Jump to: