Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 32. (Read 908459 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
January 02, 2015, 12:53:38 PM
2 hours ago M.K. retweeted again after 21/12/2014.....
and of course not a single comment on the news that speaks about 99% fraud ....and an insider...
let's see..

Try to imagine yourself in his position -- guilty of either deliberate fraud, or of abysmal incompetence and shameless lies to cover it up.  His behavior is quite expected.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 02, 2015, 12:41:13 PM
Is he in jail yet?
legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000
13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X
January 02, 2015, 12:32:04 PM
2 hours ago M.K. retweeted again after 21/12/2014.....

and of course not a single comment on the news that speaks about 99% fraud ....and an insider...

let's see..
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
January 01, 2015, 07:02:26 PM
There is no official police report yet, just "According to sources in the Metropolitan Police Department".
I am looking forward to read an official police report. If they will come to similar conclusions as the "Willy report",
then I would expect a seriously bearish influence on the market. Quoting from the "Willy report":

It needs to be recognized that, whether intentional or not (though plausible ignorance only goes so far), Mt. Gox has effectively been abusing Bitcoin to operate a Ponzi scheme for at least a year. The November “bubble” well into the $1000’s – and possibly April’s as well – was driven by hundreds of millions of dollars of fake liquidity pumped into the market out of thin air (note that this is equivalent to “with depositors’ money”). It is only natural that the Bitcoin price would deflate for around 5 months since its December peak, since there was never enough fiat coming in to support these kind of prices in the first place.
legendary
January 01, 2015, 05:42:05 PM
just read this comment on coindesk article for MtGox.

------------------------------------------------------------
Since we haven't reached the Artificial Intelligence Technological Singularity yet and it seems there was little human intelligence at Mt.Gox to begin with, "Willy" and "Marcus" have to represent people who were operating them. If they were insiders then the list of employees and people with inside access must be readily available.
------------------------------------------------------------

Access to the Server room etc was available of course to Mark Karpeles and if so to some more people that can be count in one hand my dear community we are heading the end of the story and probably we can have our BTC back Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
January 01, 2015, 05:37:40 PM
The cold wallets where physically accessible by MK only. He -and only he- had the passwords, as he stated himself. The mitos of Ariadne is reaching to its end... Roll Eyes
legendary
January 01, 2015, 05:33:43 PM
ok so what i can understand is that the 650.000 missing BTC where nothing more than numbers in the sql right?

I don't think so.  I understand that the police concluded that the BTC were in MtGOX's possession, but someone familiar with the system took them and ... Huh

now we are talking....

and this someone is?Huh  the community believes it's M.K.
but even if some other employee did that he new the password etc for the cold wallets right??? So we are talking that this someone is either Mark or someone very close to him.... either way the police investigation 1 year now will have solve that and we are going to learn the truth in 2 days is the next newspaper news....
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
January 01, 2015, 05:04:58 PM
ok so what i can understand is that the 650.000 missing BTC where nothing more than numbers in the sql right?

I don't think so.  I understand that the police concluded that the BTC were in MtGOX's possession, but someone familiar with the system took them and ... Huh
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
legendary
January 01, 2015, 03:31:42 PM
i think we are 2 days before we read the truth Smiley
and why not get back our BTC Smiley
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
January 01, 2015, 03:24:27 PM
The inside job only points at ONE person IMHO. Mark Karpeles.

It seems strange that Mark should come out, before the news story, and suggest that their on the trail of the thief and people may get their bitcoins back, if he's the thief and about to be caught and knows there are no coins to be found. Surely he's not that much of a sociopath?

It's a common practice to present a decoy when you're caught red-handed. The gag order? The tweets? I mean REALLY??
Anyway; we'll know soon enough.
legendary
January 01, 2015, 02:38:27 PM
let's say for a minute the coins do exist ok?

who has access to cold wallets? of course Mark and if someone else had then Mark knows who is this person.

then like i said the inside job point who?Huh?

just to mention that last post of Mark in his twitter account was on 21 of December 2014.... after that nothing..and now we read the news...

what do you think?

legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
January 01, 2015, 02:20:40 PM
The inside job only points at ONE person IMHO. Mark Karpeles.

It seems strange that Mark should come out, before the news story, and suggest that their on the trail of the thief and people may get their bitcoins back, if he's the thief and about to be caught and knows there are no coins to be found. Surely he's not that much of a sociopath?
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
January 01, 2015, 02:18:38 PM
News from 12 hrs back:

No suspicious account ... Bitcoin purchase record balance increase
The Yomiuri Shimbun January 1, 2015 (Thursday) 15:04
残高増える不審口座…ビットコイン購入記録なし
(Yomiuri Shimbun)
In virtual currency "Bitcoin (BTC)" Mt. Gox company ran a trading site of on the Internet, the presence of suspicious account has emerged.

For the disappearance of huge amounts of BTC, the company has been argued to be due to cyber attack ever, there is an increasing doubt was due to incorrect operation of the system. Metropolitan Police Department, of suspicious account transactions is seen to be the key of the incident elucidation, is advancing the investigation.

According to the investigation officials, suspicious account, by restoration of the company's server recording by the Metropolitan Police Department, was discovered. What person when, whether it is unclear opened.

In this account, even though there is no record that you purchased the BTC, had suddenly, the balance increases. That is suspected of transactions using the BTC that is transferred from the customer's account has been repeated.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.goo.ne.jp%2Farticle%2Fyomiuri%2Ftrend%2F20150101-567-OYT1T50032.html
legendary
January 01, 2015, 02:10:38 PM
if this is true the next hours we should read more news....
what i mean is according to the newspaper the "inside job" is something like 99% Mark Karpeles.
So i don't think that he is free somewhere in Japan by now and twitting like he did last months...  ( and made us angry even more )

We should expect either Mark Karpeles to speak of his lawyer... and of course we should expect mtgox.com news from Kobayiashi and police announcement... Bacause since newspaper has news for us then the police and court have already worked and been working behind the scenes.... i can't wait to see the news...

Please post here whatever you find !
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
January 01, 2015, 02:02:39 PM
I think this has taken a turn for the better. Although in terms of how many of my bitcoins I will get back- I suspect it's taken a turn for the worse.

I wouldn't be so certain about it. If it's proven that there were nothing more than fake transactions on MtGox, most probably, those transactions will be out of the case. I personally don't believe that MtGox ever possessed 800K *REAL* BTCs, even if MK claimed they had 1M clients registered. Most of those accounts were not verified or/and contained nothing. Also, 600K is an enormous BTC amount to either steal or fake. The inside job only points at ONE person IMHO. Mark Karpeles.
legendary
January 01, 2015, 09:33:03 AM
the good thing with the inside job is that there are not many "insiders" and i think they already know the truth ( the police )
they established connection with kraken in order to give back the missing coins because the have found them? who knows... in 2 days we will know more Smiley
happy new year !!!
legendary
January 01, 2015, 09:17:03 AM

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
January 01, 2015, 07:50:44 AM
I think this has taken a turn for the better. Although in terms of how many of my bitcoins I will get back- I suspect it's taken a turn for the worse.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 01, 2015, 02:46:28 AM
Yes. Further details on Jan. 3.

Until now, the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Force has said very little about Mt. Gox. That just changed.

It should be interesting. Earlier court papers referred to the collapse as having resulted from "massive theft". Now the language seems to be slightly shifting to indicating that fraudulent operation by an unknown party was a cause. Sounds very mysterious!
Pages:
Jump to: