Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 30. (Read 908459 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
February 02, 2015, 01:11:46 AM

This article, posted March 2014, is outdated about the alleged "hack", but has some interesting trivia about MtGOX:
http://www.wired.com/2014/03/bitcoin-exchange/

I wasn't aware that Jesse Powell, who founded Kraken, was a close friend of Karpelès and Ver; so much that he rushed to help them after MtGOX was hacked for the first time, in 2011.

Is this 2011 ^ event the same event as this one?:

Remembering the period when Mt. Gox had been taken offline by denial of service attacks, Shrem recounts Karpeles' reaction to the issue:
“Remember  Mt Gox went down the first time and it was like, a Friday, and Roger and Jessie were helping him out and Roger's [says] to Mark 'what time do you want me come in tomorrow?' like Saturday morning to help”

“Mark's [says] 'no problem, we'll deal with it on Monday', and they're like 'you're shut down, the customers think all of the money's lost, you've been hacked, everyone's flipping out, people have you know [have] hits out on you, you want to go back to work on Monday? He just didn't care about anything”.
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113376/charlie-shrem-mark-karpeles-wanted-to-take-the-weekend-off-after-mt-gox-collapsed

Yes, of course.

As others have pointed out, Jesse Powell was not a friend of Mark, but a friend of Roger Ver, who was a friend of Mark.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 01, 2015, 11:45:00 PM

This article, posted March 2014, is outdated about the alleged "hack", but has some interesting trivia about MtGOX:
http://www.wired.com/2014/03/bitcoin-exchange/

I wasn't aware that Jesse Powell, who founded Kraken, was a close friend of Karpelès and Ver; so much that he rushed to help them after MtGOX was hacked for the first time, in 2011.

The article doesn't say or even imply that Powell was a close friend of Karpeles. What it says is:

After Mt. Gox was hacked for the first time in summer of 2011, a friend asked Powell to help out, and soon, the San Francisco entrepreneur found himself on a plane to Tokyo. After landing, he rushed to Shibuya station, where he was met by his friend, Roger Ver, one of the world’s biggest bitcoin supporters who just happened to live across the street from Mt. Gox.

Is this 2011 ^ event the same event as this one?:

Remembering the period when Mt. Gox had been taken offline by denial of service attacks, Shrem recounts Karpeles' reaction to the issue:
“Remember  Mt Gox went down the first time and it was like, a Friday, and Roger and Jessie were helping him out and Roger's [says] to Mark 'what time do you want me come in tomorrow?' like Saturday morning to help”

“Mark's [says] 'no problem, we'll deal with it on Monday', and they're like 'you're shut down, the customers think all of the money's lost, you've been hacked, everyone's flipping out, people have you know [have] hits out on you, you want to go back to work on Monday? He just didn't care about anything”.
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113376/charlie-shrem-mark-karpeles-wanted-to-take-the-weekend-off-after-mt-gox-collapsed
legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000
13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X
January 21, 2015, 05:58:32 AM
there is no way to put this behind us Smiley

you know someone has posted an aritcle claiming that M.K. is the victim and behind all those are NSA, FBI, USA etc.... i will find it and post it today.
just to read it because has some points of truth inside and worth to read it just in case...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
January 21, 2015, 02:35:19 AM
keeping almost 24/7 an eye on mtgox news i jsut found
This tweet from
Olivier Janssens

"Former mtgox employee who forwarded the death threat emails might have forged them. Investigation ongoing"

The previous tweet was:

"I have black on white proof of Mark Karpeles making multiple death threats against an ex-employee. So does Japanese police. "

now can anyone put the puzzle together??? what are they hiding from us???

I guess the only sane option is to "follow the money" and have patience. Let's hope this won't get too far though, it's getting really frustrating and I have the feeling that everybody is stalling in order "to put this behind us"... Embarrassed
legendary
January 20, 2015, 09:13:33 PM
keeping almost 24/7 an eye on mtgox news i jsut found
This tweet from
Olivier Janssens

"Former mtgox employee who forwarded the death threat emails might have forged them. Investigation ongoing"

The previous tweet was:

"I have black on white proof of Mark Karpeles making multiple death threats against an ex-employee. So does Japanese police. "

now can anyone put the puzzle together??? what are they hiding from us???
legendary
January 19, 2015, 01:22:07 PM
https://www.kalyhost.com/ child of TIBANNE is still active.

I connect this move of M.K. in some way to avoid returning loans as Kobayashi informed he will take legal ways against M.K. to return his loans...
I can think that they had adviced him to close eveything down in order to show damages and this way will not be able to pay back anything...

it's just my thought as i said before...
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
January 19, 2015, 11:26:31 AM
Does this have anything to do with the parent company TIBANNE Co. Ltd.?

I believe Tibanne is the mother company of forever.net (and MtGox, back in its days of glory)...

That "Dear Valued Customers" though... Priceless... Grin

Priceless, yes.
I mean is that an indication that TIBANNE will also go bankrupt? 
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
January 19, 2015, 11:17:56 AM

I believe Tibanne is the mother company of forever.net (and MtGox, back in its days of glory)...

That "Dear Valued Customers" though... Priceless... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
January 19, 2015, 11:11:00 AM
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
DIVERGENT OTC MARKET FOR DISTINCTIVE ASSETS!
January 19, 2015, 11:09:45 AM
UPDATE ON www.forever.net   

looks like forever wasn't a good choice on the domain Smiley

one more bussiness that is going down with CEO, Mark Karpeles Smiley

Dear Valued Customers

We deeply thank you all for using FOREVER.NET. However the decision has been made to close all services of FOREVER.NET on February 15th, 2015, Sunday 23:59 JST.
All users are able to access to Control Panel until February 15th, 2015. Thank you for your understanding.

The FOREVER.NET Support Team

January 7, 2015

TIBANNE Co. Ltd.
Mark Karpeles, CEO
For further information, please contact at Forever.net Customer Support.

◆FOREVER.NET Customer Support
[email protected]
※Contact form or email are available 24 hours. We will respond in order within a business hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00 ~ 17:00 local time.

Download the operation manual PDF version here.

lmfao what a dumbfuck..
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
January 19, 2015, 10:52:51 AM

Dear Valued Customers

We deeply thank you all for using FOREVER.NET. However the decision has been made to close all services of FOREVER.NET on February 15th, 2015, Sunday 23:59 JST.
All users are able to access to Control Panel until February 15th, 2015. Thank you for your understanding.

January 7, 2015

TIBANNE Co. Ltd.
Mark Karpeles, CEO

[email protected]
※Contact form or email are available 24 hours. We will respond in order within a business hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00 ~ 17:00 local time.

Woah! I didn't expect that. He was so competent, so smart CEO, so honest, the business was booming (literally)...
Seriously, why this is not surprising at all? Roll Eyes
legendary
January 19, 2015, 09:06:50 AM

Dear Valued Customers

January 7, 2015

TIBANNE Co. Ltd.
Mark Karpeles, CEO

[email protected]

January 16, 2015, 04:45:14 PM
heh i'm lazy to read everything here. But can someone explain what happened with https://www.mtgox.com/
I didn't even remember that i had account there, today i tried to login with my account and wonder that i had balance $218 Grin
So yeah i guess he closed website or something and this can't be withdrawed right ? c:

He spent your $218 on frappuchinos. Japan, very expensive.

Lmfao, my friend also have over $4k  Undecided
I hope he will be killed one day for this dick move.
legendary
Activity: 1078
100 satoshis -> ISO code
January 16, 2015, 04:40:22 PM
heh i'm lazy to read everything here. But can someone explain what happened with https://www.mtgox.com/
I didn't even remember that i had account there, today i tried to login with my account and wonder that i had balance $218 Grin
So yeah i guess he closed website or something and this can't be withdrawed right ? c:

He spent your $218 on frappuchinos. Japan, very expensive.
January 16, 2015, 03:25:37 PM
legendary
100 satoshis -> ISO code
January 16, 2015, 06:55:42 AM

before going down gox was losing market share at an increasing rate if they were still open now they've probably be at BTC-e volume maybe less.

Yes. Gox really lost market share after about June 2013 when their fiat withdrawals choked up, only 4 months before Ulbricht was arrested.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
January 16, 2015, 06:53:39 AM

before going down gox was losing market share at an increasing rate if they were still open now they've probably be at BTC-e volume maybe less.

That happened because of their constantly declining QOS of their support team. Many people (including myself) got out when they wanted to sell ie: 5 BTCs and the withdrawal took 3 months(!) to get through, if not at all. They sucked day by day more. Was it because of the missing BTCs? Other reasons? Who knows.

Just for the sake of truth though, I managed to withdraw BTCs out (about 10) on 23 of January (If I can recall correctly). No fiat though. They claimed back then that their Bank associate had been causing problems. True? Lie? Who knows?
legendary
Activity: 1316
January 16, 2015, 06:42:20 AM

legendary
100 satoshis -> ISO code
January 16, 2015, 06:36:56 AM
850,000    Total MtGox loss according to rumors (I've never seen this as an official number).
 744,405    Total MtGox loss according to Leaked Emergency Plan.

171,995    Amount lost on Bitcoin Savings and Trust.
 263,024    Amount Seized from Silk Road by DHS.
 207,000    Amount of MtGox Suddenly "Found".
642,019  Sum of the three amounts above.

624,408    Amount of MtGox customers' coins that are "temporarily unavailable".

All three of these events; Bitcoin Savings and Trust, Silk Road, and MtGox are tied together.

I must say that (without my tinfoil hat on) I like your approach. It's based on good old "follow the money" principle. OK, the numbers may not add up perfectly, but it's a pretty close call to be honest. I tend to disagree with your last sentence though. I'd call it wishful thinking, we (myself included) want it to happen, but it won't. The reason is that it will be extremely difficult to find out who is who among the (allegedly) 1M MtGox customers... but then again... you never know! Wink

Because MtGox had 80% of the market up to the April 2013 bubble, then it is inevitable that major bitcoin "businesses" (using the term loosely) like Bitcoin Savings and Trust, Silk Road would have had accounts. MtGox likely handled a lot of their btc/fiat flow.  As big customers it follows that MK communicated to the owners: Shavers and DPR.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
January 16, 2015, 06:29:10 AM
850,000    Total MtGox loss according to rumors (I've never seen this as an official number).
 744,405    Total MtGox loss according to Leaked Emergency Plan.

171,995    Amount lost on Bitcoin Savings and Trust.
 263,024    Amount Seized from Silk Road by DHS.
 207,000    Amount of MtGox Suddenly "Found".
642,019  Sum of the three amounts above.

624,408    Amount of MtGox customers' coins that are "temporarily unavailable".

All three of these events; Bitcoin Savings and Trust, Silk Road, and MtGox are tied together.

I must say that (without my tinfoil hat on) I like your approach. It's based on good old "follow the money" principle. OK, the numbers may not add up perfectly, but it's a pretty close call to be honest. I tend to disagree with your last sentence though. I'd call it wishful thinking, we (myself included) want it to happen, but it won't. The reason is that it will be extremely difficult to find out who is who among the (allegedly) 1M MtGox customers... but then again... you never know! Wink
Pages:
Jump to: