Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 185. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I'm trying MultiMiner PR6 with my new dell-Alienware M14x.
It has 2 graphics cards:
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Nvidea GeForce GT650m (default)

How can I detect both cards with MultiMiner/cgminer or, in last case, only the Nvidea GPU?
Hi there. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with single rigs with multiple different GPU vendors. Based on the cgminer documentation , you may need to use the --gpu-platform argument:

Q: I have multiple SDKs installed, can I choose which one it uses?
A: Run cgminer with the -n option and it will list all the platforms currently
installed. Then you can tell cgminer which platform to use with --gpu-platform.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. You may want to check in the official cgminer thread. If you get it working with just cgminer I can help get things going with MultiMiner.
Would love to see a log option in PR7.
Something simple like:
from 7:33 till 9:56 mined X coin.
from 9:56 till 14:56 mined Y coin.

Makes it easier to track what happened if you can't watch your rigs 24/7.
I've logged your request and will add it.

Can you do me a favor and let me know if you are still experiencing the unhandled exception with PR6? elpis indicates he's still receiving it.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Null object cannot be converted to a value type.
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Convert[T,U](T token)
   at MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api.CoinInformation.PopulateFromJson(JToken jToken)
   at MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api.ApiContext.GetCoinInformation()
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.RefreshCoinStats()
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.coinStatsTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've updated the links with PR6 which fixes this unhandled exception.
Update does not work, the error takes off like you have above. How to fix it?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Would love to see a log option in PR7.
Something simple like:
from 7:33 till 9:56 mined X coin.
from 9:56 till 14:56 mined Y coin.

Makes it easier to track what happened if you can't watch your rigs 24/7.

Thanks !
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
I'm trying MultiMiner PR6 with my new dell-Alienware M14x.
It has 2 graphics cards:
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Nvidea GeForce GT650m (default)

The program only detects a GPU and when I start mining, cgminer only detects the Intel GPU.

When trying cgminer alone, it's the same.

But when trying with Diablo Miner, it only detects the Nvidea GeForce GPU and mines with it.

How can I detect both cards with MultiMiner/cgminer or, in last case, only the Nvidea GPU?

Thanks in advance and have a great week-end.
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've updated the links with PR6 which fixes this unhandled exception.
Can confirm that I'm getting this error. Can click continue, but the list of setup coins is gone, so will just wait it out for the fix.
I'll have a fix soon, just want to confirm it works first. Had something in place but it didn't totally handle things.

In the meantime in my experience you can click Continue and the app will continue to function.
I'm sorry folks if you are getting an unhandled exception, I'll get it fixed ASAP.

Can confirm that I'm getting this error. Can click continue, but the list of setup coins is gone, so will just wait it out for the fix.

Thanks !
I'm sorry folks if you are getting an unhandled exception, I'll get it fixed ASAP.

That worked great.
Awesome - I appreciate the confirmation. That bug and a couple of other small UI bugs are fixed in the current download (PR5).
I'm on Windows 7 and I can run the program fine, but the Start, Save and Cancel buttons are greyed out. I went through all the config steps, added my pools, coins, etc.
cgminer 3.3.1 is in the right folder and the programs detects my cards on startup. I tried to run it as admin and still no go. Any ideeas ?
Just a guess:

• Click Strategies
  • Uncheck Automatically mine the most profitable coin(s) and click Save
  • Click the drop down in the Coin column for one of your devices and select a configured coin
  • Click Save
  • Click Strategies
  • Check Automatically mine the most profitable coin(s) and click Save
  • Click Start

I'll fix that little UI bug in an update.

Let me know if that works. If not I may need your configuration files from the %appdata%\MultiMiner folder.

Hi,

That worked great.

Thanks for making this tool and for the fast reply !
Sure no problem.  For example lets say DGC is at 251% prof and 189% adj prof on coinchoose, I know I end up with 85% of the total prof so I add 23 to DGC in MultiMiner so I am at 213% after my settings.  Now that same 23 I added works great getting me to 85% of the total prof I know I earn on average if its at 251% but lets say it goes to 400% prof and 300% adj prof.  Now the 23 I added is almost 17% short of the 85% I would like to be at.  Again this is a very small issue but would be kinda of cool if we could scale our prof setting in the app with coinchoose dynamically. 
Awesome description. Thank you!
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
I have noticed though that adding or subtracting an amount from the profitability works fine but only at 100-200% or so.  After that the amount you subtract becomes to small or to big.
I'd be happy to consider making the adjustment based on a percentage. However, can you please explain the above issue a bit more, maybe with a concrete example? I'm afraid I'm not sure how the current implementation would fail under some circumstances.

Thanks!

Sure no problem.  For example lets say DGC is at 251% prof and 189% adj prof on coinchoose, I know I end up with 85% of the total prof so I add 23 to DGC in MultiMiner so I am at 213% after my settings.  Now that same 23 I added works great getting me to 85% of the total prof I know I earn on average if its at 251% but lets say it goes to 400% prof and 300% adj prof.  Now the 23 I added is almost 17% short of the 85% I would like to be at.  Again this is a very small issue but would be kinda of cool if we could scale our prof setting in the app with coinchoose dynamically. 
I'm on Windows 7 and I can run the program fine, but the Start, Save and Cancel buttons are greyed out. I went through all the config steps, added my pools, coins, etc.
cgminer 3.3.1 is in the right folder and the programs detects my cards on startup. I tried to run it as admin and still no go. Any ideeas ?
Just a guess:

• Click Strategies
  • Uncheck Automatically mine the most profitable coin(s) and click Save
  • Click the drop down in the Coin column for one of your devices and select a configured coin
  • Click Save
  • Click Strategies
  • Check Automatically mine the most profitable coin(s) and click Save
  • Click Start

I'll fix that little UI bug in an update.

Let me know if that works. If not I may need your configuration files from the %appdata%\MultiMiner folder.
I have noticed though that adding or subtracting an amount from the profitability works fine but only at 100-200% or so.  After that the amount you subtract becomes to small or to big.
I'd be happy to consider making the adjustment based on a percentage. However, can you please explain the above issue a bit more, maybe with a concrete example? I'm afraid I'm not sure how the current implementation would fail under some circumstances.

Thanks!
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Thanks for the update.  Everything is working great for me.  I have noticed though that adding or subtracting an amount from the profitability works fine but only at 100-200% or so.  After that the amount you subtract becomes to small or to big.  I have no clue if it would be hard or not to code in but the option of setting say *.9 instead of 15 or -15 to multiply by 90% instead of adding or subtracting 15 to whatever percentage you choose would really be nice and it would scale dynamically with the profitability percentage that you choose.  This is still hands down the easiest to use and most dependable cgminer controller/front end I know of.  Thanks again for releasing this for us to use, great work.
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
COINMIXER.NET
Everything is working great for me! Great job. Grin
PR4 is up with lots of small fixes and improvements, notably:

• Option to base profitability on any of the following: Adjusted Profitability, Average Profitability, or Straight Profitability
  • Option to toggle Desktop Mode, which will override miners with the -I D flag
  • Option to disable GPU support, allowing the program to be used without Open CL
  • Fixed crashes after deleting a coin that is currently selected for mining
  • Gracefully handle using the app without backend miners installed
  • Support for minimizing the app to the notification area in Windows

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Keep it coming and tell your friends  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
Good catch! I'll get that fixed for the next update. I'm sorry you ran into that but thank you for reporting the issue.

Thank you! What a fantastic tool you have provided - .net and C# as well. Rocking.
Jump to: