Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 186. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
The app is stuck in an error loop System.ArgumentException:DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid. I have to end the task to get out.

I deleted a Coin while it was still selected by GPU. Where are the coin conf stored?

Windows 8 x64
Good catch! I'll get that fixed for the next update. I'm sorry you ran into that but thank you for reporting the issue.

To get to the config files open up Windows Explorer and type %appdata% into the address bar and hit . Double-click the MultiMiner folder. The DeviceConfigurations.xml file has the info you'll need to edit.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
The app is stuck in an error loop System.ArgumentException:DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid. I have to end the task to get out.

I deleted a Coin while it was still selected by GPU.

Windows 8 x64

EDIT: Deleted MultiMiner files in AppData and I can run it again.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
why I get less dgc with 1950khash/s than its expected in coinchoose or coinwarz? Example: expected 290 dgc per day but I get only 120 dgc.

Coinwarz doesn't account for all of the stales/rejects and orphaned blocks.  Coinchoose does the same thing but, also has a separate column showing a much lower adjusted profitability based on the stale/reject/orphan rate. DGC and WDC are the worst coins for stales/rejects/orphans that I know of.  On average from what I have read with WDC you'll only get about 60% of your estimated earnings and with DGC only about 75% of your estimated.  Definitely has nothing to do with this program.
why I get less dgc with 1950khash/s than its expected in coinchoose or coinwarz? Example: expected 290 dgc per day but I get only 120 dgc.
That's a good question. I'm not sure why you'd see such a difference. My application only runs cgminer.exe or bfgminer.exe, and then reports things such as hashrate, accepted, rejected, etc. based on the cgminer/bfgminer RPC API. You can see the API request and response if you click the API Monitor button in the latest build.

Basically, you should see the exact same thing by running just cgminer.exe or bfgminer.exe, and I cannot account for any difference between those miners and what online charts predict. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help there.

The source code is all very straight forward and there's no tomfoolery involved. Everything should be reported accurately and transparently.
Activity: 192
bitcoin-world.de - The european information source
Seems like your Strategies for switching to multi crypto is based on the "Profitability % Adj for Stales" column in coinchoose.com. I sugest your apps add additional option based on the "Avg Profitability Past 7 Days" column in coinchoose.com also.
Thank you for your kind words and feedback. I'll be sure to include that option in the next update.
Activity: 148
I've been using MultiMiner and it works well ... so I switch my CGWatcher to MultiMiner.

Seems like your Strategies for switching to multi crypto is based on the "Profitability % Adj for Stales" column in coinchoose.com. I sugest your apps add additional option based on the "Avg Profitability Past 7 Days" column in coinchoose.com also.

That's all. Thank you and well done.

Smiley
I've updated the links and screenshots for PR3. This includes some minor features and fixes as well as:

• Ability to adjust each coin's profitability by an offset
  • Fixed an error deleting coin configurations
  • Option to mine a single coin with all devices if profitability exceeds a configured value
  • Ability to specify per-coin miner parameters

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.  Smiley
not bad but why is there not a pool that simply collects SHA256 and Scrypt cycles, and does all the magic in the background, and pays you in a destination crypto?
AFAIK there are pools that do that. The point of this was to let you pick your own pools with fees you like, plus be able to specify load-balancing and fail-over pools.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
not bad but why is there not a pool that simply collects SHA256 and Scrypt cycles, and does all the magic in the background, and pays you in a destination crypto?
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Unzip, put cgminer in the subdirectory and click on MultiMiner.Win.exe its all good but where you add coin to mine on win 7 ?

Edit: its ok now i have it, im slow today then there is my excuse  Tongue
Found a small bug, on all three of my rigs I can't delete a coin once its been added.  It errors the program out everytime I try.  Also any idea if it would be hard to add either a positive or a negative percent to each coins profitability individually to add to coinchoose's?  I know coinchoose's adjusted percent of profitability is a good average for most people but I know personally I have better and worse real world results with certain coins than they suggest.  Again I have to say this is a great piece of software.  Very simplistic yet has almost all of the features a person could ask for.
Thanks for the feedback. I've reproduced the bug and will fix that in the next update. I'll also look into your request as it sounds reasonable enough.

If the bug with deleting coins is giving you problems you can type %appdata% into the address bar of Windows Explorer and navigate into the MultiMiner folder to edit the coin configuration XML file.
Found a small bug, on all three of my rigs I can't delete a coin once its been added.  It errors the program out everytime I try.  Also any idea if it would be hard to add either a positive or a negative percent to each coins profitability individually to add to coinchoose's?  I know coinchoose's adjusted percent of profitability is a good average for most people but I know personally I have better and worse real world results with certain coins than they suggest.  Again I have to say this is a great piece of software.  Very simplistic yet has almost all of the features a person could ask for.
Thanks for the tool it works great.  There was only one thing that would be nice to have and thats per coin cgminer settings instead of a global cgminer setting.  Some coins mine better with a few different tweaks i've found.  Other than that this is a fantastic piece of software thanks again for releasing it to the public.
Huh I had no idea about that. It seems easy enough to add, I'll include it in the next release. Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks for the tool it works great.  There was only one thing that would be nice to have and thats per coin cgminer settings instead of a global cgminer setting.  Some coins mine better with a few different tweaks i've found.  Other than that this is a fantastic piece of software thanks again for releasing it to the public.
Good idea. I made a bat file that does the same. This should be helpful to a lot of people.
Same here! Then my desktop got full of different .bat files with different combinations of coins and I thought, there has to be a better way.
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
Good idea. I made a bat file that does the same. This should be helpful to a lot of people.
Activity: 158
Hi nwoolls,

Yes, My suggestion is just what you said!

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Checking this out now. will get back to you.
You should think about add another feature like controlling remote cgminers with API.
Thanks for your kind words and taking the time to leave feedback feedback.

Can you explain your request a bit more? Do you mean having MultiMiner on one machine, and having cgminer on other machines (without MultiMiner), and being able to register and control those machines all from within MultiMiner (as long as cgminer is running on them)?
Jump to: