Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 35. (Read 827265 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
new bfgminer is now in multiminer, it should prompt you.

FYI - how do I tell a coin to use a specific miner. specifically minerd.exe
Activity: 322
3D Printed!
Just wondering when the new BFGminer will be added so I can use MultiMiner to monitor my R-Boxes?

I too, will be turning on perks AND making a donation!
Okay folks, MultiMiner 3.2 is now publicly available:

• Added support for the X13 algorithm
  • X11 mining received a ~40% performance increase
  • Added support for arbitrary GPU miners (the Miners\ folder will now be scanned)
  • The Worker name field will now suggest previous worker names and will auto-complete the password as well
  • Added the ability to edit an existing coin configuration (e.g. algorithm, symbol, name)
  • Pasting 'hostname:port' into the Host field will now be handled by MultiMiner
  • Sensible defaults added for new pools
  • Both Vertminer and DarkcoinSGMiner have been removed from the default miners (LasyBear's SPH-SGMiner fork is now included)

http://releases.multiminerapp.com
Nice work! *turns on 1% perk donation*
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Okay folks, MultiMiner 3.2 is now publicly available:

• Added support for the X13 algorithm
  • X11 mining received a ~40% performance increase
  • Added support for arbitrary GPU miners (the Miners\ folder will now be scanned)
  • The Worker name field will now suggest previous worker names and will auto-complete the password as well
  • Added the ability to edit an existing coin configuration (e.g. algorithm, symbol, name)
  • Pasting 'hostname:port' into the Host field will now be handled by MultiMiner
  • Sensible defaults added for new pools
  • Both Vertminer and DarkcoinSGMiner have been removed from the default miners (LasyBear's SPH-SGMiner fork is now included)

http://releases.multiminerapp.com
yeah sorry thats where i was going algos/miners etc just to be able to change/fix stuff

Gotcha - thanks just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.
Activity: 296
yeah sorry thats where i was going algos/miners etc just to be able to change/fix stuff
hey nate any way to add a edit coin button so its easy to change/test different miners on a existing coin

What would you change? I'm not seeing the connection between changing a coin configuration and testing different miners.

I think it makes sense to be able to change the algorithm in some way other than editing the XML as I've seen a few folks accidentally specify the wrong algorithm.
Activity: 296
hey nate any way to add a edit coin button so its easy to change/test different miners on a existing coin
As mstrongbow indicated you can type whatever you want when adding a coin. If it is not in the list, you will be prompted for an algorithm, including X11.

The reason you don't see more options is you have the Coin API set to CoinChoose.com. CoinChoose is the default because it is free, but it only has SHA and Scrypt algorithms. If you switch to CoinWarz you'll see more coins and algorithms when you add a new configuration.

I changed algirthm to CoinWarz but still not able to select or use X11 with LBSPHSGMiner. When I select it from the settings, nothing changes. Also when trying to add coin I can only select sha or scrypt. No possibility to use LBSPHSGMiner anywhere. Using cgwatcher at the moment instead.

Using CoinWarz requires you to enter an API key. You can obtain one here:

http://www.coinwarz.com/v1/api/documentation

If you have already added the coin configuration with the wrong algorithm you can correct it by editing CoinConfigurations.xml.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Can anybody help me how to setup X11 mining?
I have my miner running with a config.conf file but it's not stable in the long term, so I would like to use multiminer to restart it after 6 hours.

I keep selecting LBSPHSGMiner, but nothing changes.
Also when adding coin I can only select SHA-256 or scrypt.

You can manually add ANY coin you like...just type it in the box Wink

I have yet to switch to X11 yet, hoping I can get that done today after some maintenance.

As mstrongbow indicated you can type whatever you want when adding a coin. If it is not in the list, you will be prompted for an algorithm, including X11.

The reason you don't see more options is you have the Coin API set to CoinChoose.com. CoinChoose is the default because it is free, but it only has SHA and Scrypt algorithms. If you switch to CoinWarz you'll see more coins and algorithms when you add a new configuration.

I changed algirthm to CoinWarz but still not able to select or use X11 with LBSPHSGMiner. When I select it from the settings, nothing changes. Also when trying to add coin I can only select sha or scrypt. No possibility to use LBSPHSGMiner anywhere. Using cgwatcher at the moment instead.
I seem to have lost the 'network view' and the ability to see my other miners on my other PC with this latest version (3.1.2)?

I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall of MM on both machines but they no longer see each other within the program though they are networked fine  Huh

Also Nate, what does the 'utility' heading mean?

Sounds like a coincidence or something transient. There were no changes in 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 other than very minor fixes, unrelated to any mining or network device detection.

You can try rolling back to 3.1.1 though, it's available at http://releases.multiminerapp.com.

Utility is a measure of shares accepted / minute, more-or-less.
Is there a way to pass arguments to specific devices of the same family?
I have some U1's that I wish to overclock individually. It appears and I might have overlooked it, that the arguments I set
would affect all devices?

Overclocking is done with the --set argument to BFGMiner and is specific to the type of device. It is not applied to all devices. If you want to overclock the U1s you can add the --set argument under Settings > Advanced miner settings > SHA arguments.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Is there a way to pass arguments to specific devices of the same family?
I have some U1's that I wish to overclock individually. It appears and I might have overlooked it, that the arguments I set
would affect all devices?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I seem to have lost the 'network view' and the ability to see my other miners on my other PC with this latest version (3.1.2)?

I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall of MM on both machines but they no longer see each other within the program though they are networked fine  Huh

Also Nate, what does the 'utility' heading mean?
3D Printed!
Had another error today, which happened to be a repeat from the other day. I think I saw another forum member post the same error info..
I think I need to update this machine but I cannot remember now. Lemme know if you need anything else from that. Oh yeah, I wanted to note that twhen this error shows, MultiMiner will continue to mine and report until you click the button in the popup dialog box.

Code:
Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: multiminer.win.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 3.1.2.231
  Problem Signature 03: 5392813d
  Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 5265c965
  Problem Signature 07: 4223
  Problem Signature 08: a9
  Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Description:
  Stopped working

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Users\morgan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5EBA.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  C:\Users\morgan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER741F.tmp.mdmp

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: multiminer.win.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 3.1.2.231
  Problem Signature 03: 5392813d
  Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 5265c965
  Problem Signature 07: 4223
  Problem Signature 08: a9
  Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033

A little teaser for MultiMiner 4.0:

Wink
Activity: 423
This is a smaller request, but consider changing the formatting of address and port to address:port. This simply allows you to copy and past premade URLs on pools for easier setup.

Otherwise good changelog. It'd be nice if you'd add a auto-subscribe to a preview channel. Upgrading to preview on all my miners is a PITA, but the features look great. ><
how hard would it be to enable poolers cpuminer? I know cpu isn't used much but I do have some high end xeon cpu's that give me decent hashing rates and would love to be able to start and monitor them via multiminer. I've copied it to the miners directory but I don't think it recognised it.
3D Printed!
Howdy folks - there's now a preview of MultiMiner 3.2 with support for LasyBear's fork of SPH-SGMiner, including support for X11, X13, and the modified X11 kernel with ~40% performance improvements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5n8irp190w84jl/MultiMiner-3.2.0.zip

I've updated the 3.2 preview download (same URL) with the following features:

• Added support for arbitrary backend GPU miners - MultiMiner now registers miners found in the Miners\ subfolder
  • Removed Vertminer and DarkcoinSGMiner from the default list of backend miners
  • The Worker name field is now a drop down that auto-suggests previously used worker names
  • Selecting a previously used worker name now automatically enters that workers password (if the current field is blank)
  • Adding a new pool now applies some sensible defaults (stratum+tcp:// and port 3333)

Hellsya!
Howdy folks - there's now a preview of MultiMiner 3.2 with support for LasyBear's fork of SPH-SGMiner, including support for X11, X13, and the modified X11 kernel with ~40% performance improvements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5n8irp190w84jl/MultiMiner-3.2.0.zip

I've updated the 3.2 preview download (same URL) with the following features:

• Added support for arbitrary backend GPU miners - MultiMiner now registers miners found in the Miners\ subfolder
  • Removed Vertminer and DarkcoinSGMiner from the default list of backend miners
  • The Worker name field is now a drop down that auto-suggests previously used worker names
  • Selecting a previously used worker name now automatically enters that workers password (if the current field is blank)
  • Adding a new pool now applies some sensible defaults (stratum+tcp:// and port 3333)
Pages:
Jump to: