Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 36. (Read 827265 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Can anybody help me how to setup X11 mining?
I have my miner running with a config.conf file but it's not stable in the long term, so I would like to use multiminer to restart it after 6 hours.

I keep selecting LBSPHSGMiner, but nothing changes.
Also when adding coin I can only select SHA-256 or scrypt.

You can manually add ANY coin you like...just type it in the box Wink

I have yet to switch to X11 yet, hoping I can get that done today after some maintenance.

As mstrongbow indicated you can type whatever you want when adding a coin. If it is not in the list, you will be prompted for an algorithm, including X11.

The reason you don't see more options is you have the Coin API set to CoinChoose.com. CoinChoose is the default because it is free, but it only has SHA and Scrypt algorithms. If you switch to CoinWarz you'll see more coins and algorithms when you add a new configuration.
I will be receiving two "The Fury"s from GAWMiners hopefully within the next two weeks, I will keep everyone posted as to their compatibility with MM

I have a Fury coming from GAW along with a stock ASIC coming directly from Zeusminer so there should be decent support in BFGMiner and MultiMiner within the next few weeks. AFAIK GAW isn't shipping for another week.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
So far there is a version of BFGMiner that works with them.
I had ok luck with it but still a bit unstable.  I have not been able to get it to work with MM with this version of BFGMiner installed though.
https://hashtrader.com/t/bfgminer-fork-supports-for-zeus-miners/354

I will be receiving two "The Fury"s from GAWMiners hopefully within the next two weeks, I will keep everyone posted as to their compatibility with MM
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
I have my miner running with a config.conf file but it's not stable in the long term, so I would like to use multiminer to restart it after 6 hours.

You can manually add ANY coin you like...just type it in the box Wink

I have yet to switch to X11 yet, hoping I can get that done today after some maintenance.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
legendary
HI,
You may need to specify an intensity as sometimes leaving it a default with the 280X's can cause odd stuff to happen.  I usually have mine between 13 and 15 for the best results on X11 coins and it's derivatives.

hmmmm  Undecided

but with R9 280X can't get it started. Everytime getting this:

as you can see, I get no speed...
legendary
Ok Now I feel really dumb.
I have never once used the reset button either before or after a hardware scan in all the time I have had it. LOL

So now my question is this.
I plug in my RedFury and scan my DualMiners disappear. So should I scan, push the reset button and then scan again and my DualMiners should come up?
Thanks again.

Any reason I still cannot run Fury's and DualMiners on the same system?
It is still happening.  Only one or the other show up after a hardware scan.
I have tried so many different things.

Nothing I can think of, unless your hardware differs from mine. Make sure you are pressing the RST button on the Red Fury / Blue Fury after each hardware scan.
Activity: 423
Coinwarz no longer keeps up to date on the latest coins and algos. Instead they host 'coin elections' to generate money while falling behind. The site is making itself obsolete, sadly. I went there for the last few months thinking they were still keeping on top of things... I was mistaken. x13 and the half a dozen summercoins that just ended would be a testament to this.
Activity: 322
3D Printed!
hmmmm  Undecided

If it's crashing with the LasyBear fork of SPH-SGMiner you can still use the regular SPH-SGMiner build.

I know, but with SPH-SGminer ~40% lower speed

@all
Any other useres getting crashes too?

EDIT: works now (insered -I 16)
with 280x from 2.05 Mh/s to 2.95 Mh/s

What coin and pool are you mining? I am testing the X11 waters myself
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Anyways, I have noticed some issues when attempting to mine Diamond with MultiMiner...it is listed under SCRYPT in the Add Coin config but when you start mining DMD, it will install sgminer...MultiMiner reports 100% rejects and nothing on the pool end. If I right click and start the sgminer process manually from within MultiMiner log, sgminer starts and mines with no issues. Diamond (DMD) is a Groestl alg. coin and MultiMiner is reporting DMD as scrypt and I think it is attempting to mine using BFGminer instead of sgminer.

The coin algorithms are determined by CoinChoose.com / CoinWarz.com. It looks to me like CoinChoose.com reports it as Scrypt currently. If one of them is wrong you can edit the CoinConfigurations.xml file with MultiMiner closed to fix the algorithm.

I would recommend using CoinWarz.com as it has support for more algorithms. CoinChoose.com only has SHA and Scrypt.

I've actually subscribed to Coinwarz API. In my opinion its a small price to pay for relatively accurate information, as compared to mining coins that arent the most profitable. There's also the chance that if enough users subscribe the site owner may even enhance the site & service further. So far the service has been extremely reliable & Multiminer switches coins right on cue  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
hmmmm  Undecided

If it's crashing with the LasyBear fork of SPH-SGMiner you can still use the regular SPH-SGMiner build.

I know, but with SPH-SGminer ~40% lower speed

@all
Any other useres getting crashes too?

EDIT: works now (insered -I 16)
with 280x from 2.05 Mh/s to 2.95 Mh/s
hmmmm  Undecided

legendary
hmmmm  Undecided

legendary
Yup, sorry. See it.  Smiley

AWESOME!!
From 1.01 Mh/s to 1,59 Mh/s (HD7850).
Howdy folks - there's now a preview of MultiMiner 3.2 with support for LasyBear's fork of SPH-SGMiner, including support for X11, X13, and the modified X11 kernel with ~40% performance improvements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5n8irp190w84jl/MultiMiner-3.2.0.zip

For those having issues mining X11, please give this a try. This works much better for me (pretty much "out of the box") compared to SPH-SGMiner and DarkcoinSGMiner.

so which miner should we choose to get ~40% performance improvements?
(in x11 option I don't see anything new)

Thanks.

LBSPHSGMiner
Howdy folks - there's now a preview of MultiMiner 3.2 with support for LasyBear's fork of SPH-SGMiner, including support for X11, X13, and the modified X11 kernel with ~40% performance improvements.

For those having issues mining X11, please give this a try. This works much better for me (pretty much "out of the box") compared to SPH-SGMiner and DarkcoinSGMiner.
Activity: 296
hi nate windows error seen bout 5x now

There should either be a dialog shown on screen with more details or there should be more details in the Windows Event log. Essentially what you posted unfortunately doesn't have enough information.

yeah thats whats weird its not accompanied with the usual info and that was in details

hi nate windows error seen bout 5x now

There should either be a dialog shown on screen with more details or there should be more details in the Windows Event log. Essentially what you posted unfortunately doesn't have enough information.
Pages:
Jump to: