Pages:
Author

Topic: My Attempt at The Uberman Sleep Schedule - page 5. (Read 12269 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 22, 2011, 02:23:31 PM
Hey. Atlas. You fail? Waiting for that nap 10 or whatever you're on update. (I bet he totally crashed).
Activity: 900
Merit: 1000
Crypto Geek
November 22, 2011, 01:02:00 PM
i work from 12-16 hours a day. I seem to need more sleep than my coworkers and it could cost me my job if we were to be really busy for a sustained enough period. So i'm going to look into this, to train my mind to REM more quickly.

I suggest starting much less extreme than this and building it into your lifestyle. Nightshift understamd that an hour sleep at lunchbreak makes all the difference. If you can then eat on the job you're ok. Shift work may help to do more with it. In terms of training perhaps a 2 week holiday might be enough to do it.

Take it easy when training, tiredness is a killer.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 22, 2011, 11:36:12 AM
This whole project is quite fascinating for me, because I hit snooze for an hour each morning, and sleep for about 12 hours on weekends. I like to sleep too much.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
November 22, 2011, 02:53:00 AM
Sleep (or how to hack your brain) + Dustin Curtis - http://www.dustincurtis.com/sleep.html
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
November 22, 2011, 02:38:28 AM
I have a script that opens this page at a pre-set time: http://onlineclock.net/alarm.html
The script is a bit crude, but simple.

Code:
import webbrowser
import time

ALARMHa = 7
ALARMMa = 00

while True:
dt = list(time.localtime())
hour = dt[3]
minute = dt[4]
if hour == ALARMHa and minute == ALARMMa:
webbrowser.open("http://onlineclock.net/alarm.html")
time.sleep(1)

(Actually my script is slightly more elaborate, and interfaces with a serial port to flash my room light on and off. But you probably don't have that setup anyway.)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
November 22, 2011, 12:34:48 AM
I did this for a few weeks last year.

But I stopped it because there is no suitable alarm clock for this using the computer is annoying I tried the phone calender with periodic entries but that didn't work either not loud enough.  

I would be willing to give it another try if you know of a convenient solution Wink

I wrote a script that knows my weekly schedule and beeps the internal speaker of my computer at various frequencies. It could also be used for things like this.
November 21, 2011, 11:16:54 PM

But I stopped it because there is no suitable alarm clock for this using the computer is annoying I tried the phone calender with periodic entries but that didn't work either not loud enough.  

I would be willing to give it another try if you know of a convenient solution Wink

A tiny kitchen timer has worked for me.

Those tick, they stop ringing after a few seconds and cannot remind me when it is time to take a nap.

Ideally there would be something which automatically adjusts the length of the nap if I postpone one, I have a device which could be programmed to do this but I can't find it atm.  Huh

Heh, I just remember to nap every 4 hours and one ring is enough for me. I think you need a smartphone.

A smartphone with a Nap APP, that is.

Google Calendar and iCalendar has the functions he is calling for built-in.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
November 21, 2011, 11:02:37 PM

Those tick, they stop ringing after a few seconds and cannot remind me when it is time to take a nap.

Ideally there would be something which automatically adjusts the length of the nap if I postpone one, I have a device which could be programmed to do this but I can't find it atm.  Huh

Heh, I just remember to nap every 4 hours and one ring is enough for me. I think you need a smartphone.

A smartphone with a Nap APP, that is.
November 21, 2011, 10:48:24 PM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
November 21, 2011, 10:46:13 PM

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
November 21, 2011, 10:30:36 PM
My mental state has stabilized. I can now work again! Huzzah!

Hope you enjoy the book. I didn't know that you could read the first chapter of it for free on Amazon.
November 21, 2011, 10:24:43 PM
My mental state has stabilized. I can now work again! Huzzah!
November 21, 2011, 10:21:16 PM

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 21, 2011, 09:33:10 PM
My mind is drifting to nonsensical blurbs akin to a salad. I only observe it. This shall pass... It has to pass.

Wait until you start slurring your words and bumping into things.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
November 21, 2011, 09:30:35 PM

November 21, 2011, 09:26:57 PM
Just you watch as I overcome this mere fatigue. It's nothing but an illusion to me. It has no say in my actions. I shall adapt.
legendary
November 21, 2011, 09:24:53 PM
It will pass. Pass OUT!  Grin
November 21, 2011, 09:24:08 PM
My mind is drifting to nonsensical blurbs akin to a salad. I only observe it. This shall pass... It has to pass.
legendary
November 21, 2011, 09:23:01 PM
Feeling fuzzy in the head yet? Or just generally confused?
Pages:
Jump to: