Pages:
Author

Topic: My Attempt at The Uberman Sleep Schedule - page 9. (Read 12269 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 20, 2011, 04:32:47 PM
Alright, by inspiration from a dear friend of mine, I will be attempting to change my sleep schedule once again. Instead of sleeping an entire 8 hours or more at night, I will be taking 20 minute naps every 4 hours exclusively at  2 PM, 6 PM, 10 PM, 2 AM, 6 AM, and 10 AM. This is formally called polyphasic sleep and has other forms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep).

I've just finished taking my first 20 minute nap after waking up from normal sleep at 10 AM. I managed to make myself fall into a near-REM sleep and it almost feels like the dawn of a new day. I will continue to log my experience of getting into this sleep schedule as more naps pass by in the name of science and to hold me towards this new habit.

I'll log my current status for posterity. Feel free to bet on my failure and success in Bitcoins, whether I'll go into psychosis, etc.

Playlist for my video logs

Intro video

Day 1

First Nap, 2:30 PM CST, 11/20/2011

Sleep quality: Logged in the post above.

Current mood: Content.

Current body and mental status: Moderate headache, slight anxiety (normal). My legs are jittery. Hunger and hydration are being maintained at acceptable levels.

(I have generalized anxiety disorder and depression so things such as headaches and anxiety will be considered normal.)

Second Nap

Third Nap

Fourth - Fifth Nap

Day 2

Sixth Nap

Seventh - Eighth Nap

Ninth Nap

Second Attempt, Day 1

First and Second Nap

Third Nap

Third Attempt, Day 1

First Nap