Pages:
Author

Topic: My BIGGEST cryptocurrency mistake - page 38. (Read 5054 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 105
April 01, 2018, 10:46:25 AM
Well there were a few "mistakes":

- First mistake I made was, that I bought Bitcoin back in 2011 and stored them at Mt.Gox. I used them just for buying stuff in the Darknet and never tought that they would be something for long term investment. I lost all of them after the exchange closed over night. So --> Never store Coins at an exchange!

- Second "mistake" was, that I bought "not enough" Ethereum back in 2016, in my opinion. I know, if you let the greed take over, there is never enough...--> If you are convinced of a project/coin/token, invest as much as you can spare

- Third mistake was that I invested ~ 150 € in PACcoin, which was cheap and there was a huge amount to buy. But I didn´t made any research, and now I know it is more ore less just a scam/dead coin --> simple: always do research before you invest in a coin/project/token
I agree with you, trading platform only to exchange, when need to hold for long times, need to withdraw personal purse to ensure safety!
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
April 01, 2018, 09:19:53 AM
The greatest mistake that I did was about last year. I joined in an Ico project which is very promising and so as the reward. But after the project was finished, we participants had a lot of hard time talking with the managers about the reward that it took them a long time to show the spreadsheets and to give the payments. I work hard for that project expecting a good payment since they accepted all of my reports. But right after showing us the list of the payment, I'm very disappointed. That project sucks! and so as the managers!
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
March 31, 2018, 05:28:20 PM
My biggest mistake was to refuse join Bounty last spring. I heard about it, I was really very intrested, but i supposed that i had not enough time to start. So, I wasted time and suppose it to be the biggest mistake.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 05:00:46 PM
My biggest mistake in crypto-currencies is that I heard about them in 2014, but began to study actively only three years later. I think if I joined the crypto community before, now I would have had a lot of experience behind me. But it's never too late to start.

I heard it at around the same time as you and started to learn it(bitcoin). But to my regret, I never hold my bitcoin for a longer time. I sold it whenever I got profit and mostly the profit wasn't so high.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
March 31, 2018, 04:56:40 PM
I have learnt a lot of lessons when it comes to holding to get another in return. I have had two of such experiences and the result was not palatable. One of it was Equal token. I was having some tokens before the holders airdrop that worth over $600. I could have sold then instead of waiting to get holders airdrop. Could you imagine that the former one i had, as well as the one added after the airdrop was not worth upto $300. Which means i lost more than half of what i would i got originally.
Whether the airdrop is real or not, i will not repeat such mistake again.
Activity: 280
March 31, 2018, 04:33:48 PM
My biggest regret is ofc not bulk-buying BTC before 2013 Grin But speaking frankly there were lots of opportunities to make a fortune out of some junk coins. Alas I'm not cut out for such a nervous and time-consuming work as trading so my best strategy is HODL. From a long-term perspective, it might be the best way to prosper but right now it seems like losing money along the way
copper member
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 04:30:09 PM
In my in advance naive days I might say I was about four,000 USD down from my portfolio ATH considering I was made a mistake and didn't do proper studies.

that is adequate, I nevertheless slept soundly at night time and my initial funding ( approximately 5000) changed into a quantity I was cozy losing.

That being said I have considering matured greatly in this space and continuously do greater research to solidify my confidence in this risky marketplace.
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
March 31, 2018, 04:20:05 PM
Well there were a few "mistakes":

- First mistake I made was, that I bought Bitcoin back in 2011 and stored them at Mt.Gox. I used them just for buying stuff in the Darknet and never tought that they would be something for long term investment. I lost all of them after the exchange closed over night. So --> Never store Coins at an exchange!

- Second "mistake" was, that I bought "not enough" Ethereum back in 2016, in my opinion. I know, if you let the greed take over, there is never enough...--> If you are convinced of a project/coin/token, invest as much as you can spare

- Third mistake was that I invested ~ 150 € in PACcoin, which was cheap and there was a huge amount to buy. But I didn´t made any research, and now I know it is more ore less just a scam/dead coin --> simple: always do research before you invest in a coin/project/token
Activity: 1007
Merit: 279
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
March 31, 2018, 04:17:44 PM
My biggest mistake was not investing in NEO and ADA back when they were in the ICO stage. I guess I actually can't consider it a mistake as I didn't know about them, but I did know about ICOs in general, my mistake was not taking the time to delve a little deeper and actually commit to an investment Sad
Activity: 896
Merit: 520
March 31, 2018, 04:16:24 PM
Once I was participating the signature campaign they asked for the ERC20 compatible wallet address to distribute the tokens payment along with the bitcoin payment but I have shared the coinbase ethereum address for that mate.
Next to that I have used to login to the blockchain wallet with the incorrect url for accessing the wallet mate.
These both time I have made the big mistakes in the life time.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
March 31, 2018, 04:11:40 PM
Not really a mistake but more of a missed opportunity:

1. Not sending my AION tokens into the TRS, if doing so I could triple my holdings
2. Selling my bounty reward of a certain token after the first pump, then couple of days later it pumped even more (app. 10x higher)
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
March 31, 2018, 04:09:11 PM
I guess mine as well as most of the people's biggest mistake has been not to sell every bitcoin we had in December 2017 and every altcoins in the first week of January.
Activity: 201
March 31, 2018, 04:06:30 PM
We are all mistaken!
My biggest mistake, for the time being, was that I did not sell all my assets at the end of December.
Activity: 854
March 31, 2018, 04:03:32 PM
I watched bitcoin cross 1000$ before I was able to raise some money to invest. Instead of me buying at the 1000$ range, I kept saying I would wait for it to come down before I buy. I kept waiting and one day BTC went wild and kept increasing in folds. My mistake was me not buying even at 3000$.
Activity: 274
Merit: 10
Your Data Belongs To You
March 31, 2018, 03:54:05 PM
I'm not a good trader. My last mistake was that i didn't sell my coins in  time. When ethereum costed 1k usd. Holding isn't always a good way.
Activity: 414
Merit: 102
March 31, 2018, 03:27:55 PM
Everybody make mistakes, that’s normal. The biggest mistake you can make as a trader is not to use stop-losses. You can lose a little but protect yourself from bigger loss. But if you are not a trader, but investor then you just wait. If your coins are good they will gain the price, the question is the time you are ready to wait.
I have invested in CAPP pretty much and had a chance to sell it with good price, but didn’t do it in time. So now I am just hodling hoping that it will get its price back in a year or so
Activity: 168
March 31, 2018, 03:03:24 PM
December 2017 during the high of highs, I made a huge mistake, I allowed greed and fomo, ignored my gut and bought into NXT because I was chasing Ignis airdrop. The coin has since tanked and I still have not received the airdrop. Nxt is probably 80/90 down.

What is your biggest cryptocurrency mistake???

A lot of people make the mistake of panic selling. Do you think you could have prevented your mistake by hodling? Or are there any important lessons you've learned?
Activity: 182
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
March 31, 2018, 02:54:06 PM
If we talk about my friends, they bought BTC by 16k... Although i argued that the price is unreasonable, now they regret it...

nobody knows what's coming as earlier predictions are Bitcoin will drive up as high as $50,000 late this year that's why people rushed to invest Bitcoin while it's cheaper.
But that's doesn't mean Bitcoin will crash and will soon have no value at all, Bitcoin will surge back to it's normal trading in the next few weeks or months as everyone expected that Bitcoin will rise again on 2nd and 3rd quarter this year.
Activity: 182
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
March 31, 2018, 02:50:16 PM
December 2017 during the high of highs, I made a huge mistake, I allowed greed and fomo, ignored my gut and bought into NXT because I was chasing Ignis airdrop. The coin has since tanked and I still have not received the airdrop. Nxt is probably 80/90 down.

What is your biggest cryptocurrency mistake???

My Crypto biggest mistake is not actually on investing crypto but in regard of this forum.
this year is harder for members to rank up due to merits so most of the bounty participants are nailed down to our current rank position no matter how many and how well or quality our postings are.
my biggest mistake is I didn't create a lot of forum accounts last year in order to bring them up to higher ranks so that today I could get higher bounty stakes because they're surely become higher ranks as high as Senior Member at most.
Activity: 210
March 30, 2018, 04:20:54 AM
If we talk about my friends, they bought BTC by 16k... Although i argued that the price is unreasonable, now they regret it...
Pages:
Jump to: