Pages:
Author

Topic: My BIGGEST cryptocurrency mistake - page 40. (Read 5052 times)

Activity: 190
Merit: 0
March 26, 2018, 03:31:19 PM
My greatest mistake is that I never bought reasonable amount of BTC in 2017, only for me to buy significant amount 1st week of January,2018 when BTC was 16k+, never knew it was dropping and now I have lost about 50% of the investment due to the decrease in value. If I had known it was dropping and waited,I would have been able to buy more now. I see it as a good experience that will help me in the future.
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
March 26, 2018, 03:07:20 PM
lost 0.3 BTC on ProjectDecorum coins (PDC)
 so i bought halfbitcoin worth of  PDC coins on a bottom. without checking things.
later checking them up saw that dev is only one and not much activity. but whats worse- pdc was listed only on one exchange, Bittrex.
bittrex delists. i read an opinion that bittrex wont delist PDC for some reason. so thought i have time.

missed opportunity to sell the bag with 10% profit. wrong move. one day it got delisted so i managed to sell the same day. loss was 0.3btc.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1252
Heisenberg
March 25, 2018, 07:17:38 PM
i also bought lots of NXT when it was at it's all time high... up to now am still holding them, i hope in the long term the price will rise again otherwise it like i have even forgotten about it  Grin
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
March 25, 2018, 06:47:53 PM
Mine own mistake was same December 2017 rally when one of my bounty portfolio was $9000 and instead of me to take my profit i waited to get more and the South Korea, India regulation came and the portfolio is worth $2057 now. I have learned through the hard way.

Now imagine your same mistake with two zeroes added at the end of your numbers, and try to think how someone in that position would feel now...
Activity: 196
March 25, 2018, 05:57:50 PM
I do not think that the cripples have certain errors. Now there is an artificial fall in prices but it will not be eternal either
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
March 25, 2018, 05:55:58 PM
December 2017 during the high of highs, I made a huge mistake, I allowed greed and fomo, ignored my gut and bought into NXT because I was chasing Ignis airdrop. The coin has since tanked and I still have not received the airdrop. Nxt is probably 80/90 down.

What is your biggest cryptocurrency mistake???
There will be much such situation the only advice is to take this situations as examples for you future greed and to short At least half of portfolio if you are not hodler.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
March 25, 2018, 05:54:15 PM
My biggest mistake so far is to sell my bitcoin's when it was at $15k not knowing that will hit $19k but i have bought back from the $6k so its not that too bad because i gained more bitcoins buying at the bottom,lets hope that bitcoin will going to bull run again so that these altcoins will grow to whenever these bullruns happens it shows positive outcome for the altcoins.
Activity: 33
March 25, 2018, 05:20:48 PM
December 2017 during the high of highs, I made a huge mistake, I allowed greed and fomo, ignored my gut and bought into NXT because I was chasing Ignis airdrop. The coin has since tanked and I still have not received the airdrop. Nxt is probably 80/90 down.

Ouch. My friend tried to convince me in NXT and Ignis, but I saw the huge pumped price of 24$ or something like that and a large supply of 1 billion. That was a signal to back down.
I have sold few Ethereum coins and price gone up x3. That was all for me, I guess I had luck and some brains so far.
Activity: 294
Merit: 106
March 25, 2018, 05:08:29 PM
In December 2017, I also made a huge mistake. I did not sell my tokens. The price was just excellent. Now my portfolio, in comparison with that period, has decreased 6 times. It is not known whether the price of my tokens will be as high.
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
March 25, 2018, 05:07:31 PM
My biggest mistake was becoming too greedy on one specific erc20 token which did something like 50x. Not it has dropped to 5x levels... If I wasn't greedy I could buy real estate, possibly land from my hometown with that.
Activity: 574
Merit: 55
March 25, 2018, 05:05:04 PM
My biggest mistake was i did not buy any cyrpto in 2016 May. I read, i saw but i did not buy... My first investment is 2017 October.. So you can imagine what i missed..  Sad
Activity: 128
March 25, 2018, 05:01:20 PM

My biggest mistake is to buy a lot of XRP when prices down and not holding
Activity: 532
Merit: 132
March 25, 2018, 04:45:36 PM
well
big mistake .
i have more than 10 big mistake, the only i remember when i buy about 500k TRX with 3,2 eth on etherdelta.
then i sell too fucking fast , actually i can get x10 or 20 or x30
but i am too hurry to take x2 profit.

sad right ?  Grin
Not too sad, at least you already made a x2 profit from this crypto. I don't think it's a mistake to make a profit. Cheesy, Personally, I think my biggest mistake is to buy a lot of XRP (ripples) when the price is 1.4$, Till now, they are in my wallet, the price is too low, and I hope it will pump again. I think, it was better if I exchanged them when the xrp price is around 3.7$, but I choose to keep them hoping for the price will increase.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
March 25, 2018, 04:44:54 PM
There have been several. One which remains evergreen in my memory was when I wanted to buy some tokens on Etherdelta and tried to transfer it to another wallet apart from the one I used in buying the token. After I had done the transfer, I discovered that the tokens did not appear in my wallet. When I searched for the transaction ID on etherscan, I discovered that the token was sent to the token's smart contract. All efforts to gtet the tokens back proved futile. I contacted the support via Telegram but they were only speaking English. They refused to help. Since then I've been wondering what happened that day  Sad
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange
March 25, 2018, 04:35:46 PM

I traded on BitMEX last November and used too big leverage (*100).  I  made a LONG bid when BTC was about 6000$ but unfortunately small down trend stopped out my position.
If I was not so greedy trader maybe now I would drinking pina colada on a paradise island instead  doing bounty campaign. Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 104
March 25, 2018, 04:33:11 PM
My biggest mistake is that I did not buy bitcoin before 8 years. Cheesy Huh
 sold some coins and they became half the price after one week. But I think that everyone of us has come across it.
patience is the best weapon.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
March 25, 2018, 04:28:11 PM

Same situation with nxt. I bought it for 0.3 btc and still wait to good time. Nxt team did bad things with this airdrop.
Activity: 395
Merit: 100
March 25, 2018, 04:27:38 PM
1st, i sell eth when the price is below 100$ and its about 80 Ethereum
then i buy about 50,000 XBY below 300 Satoshi then sell it too early when the price hit 500 sat, then after i sell all my coin,
the price of XBY growing hard to 5000 sat
and now i learn from that mistakes, the key of crypto investments is patient
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
March 25, 2018, 04:26:22 PM
Mine own mistake was same December 2017 rally when one of my bounty portfolio was $9000 and instead of me to take my profit i waited to get more and the South Korea, India regulation came and the portfolio is worth $2057 now. I have learned through the hard way.
Activity: 331
Merit: 13
March 25, 2018, 04:25:55 PM
I had the opportunity of selling my tokens in January before the cryptocurrency crash but did not even though my target has been reached. I was waiting to see probably if it could rise further in value. The next day my whole portfolio nosedived and this particular token reduced to about 90% of its original value. Now I'm watching eagerly for it to rise so that I can sell it, even if not for the original price I intended to sell it.
Pages:
Jump to: