Pages:
Author

Topic: My estimation for the price of the top altcoins by Q1 2015 - page 5. (Read 8730 times)

Activity: 831
Merit: 500
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
I think they will all rise in the next couple of years, the major ones anyway. Everything is going digital, it's not hard to see currency going digital, in whatever form. Hard to say where they will be compared to the USD, if there still is a USD in Q1 2015. It's all still very new and people have to get used to it.
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
No way in hell that's an accurate list.

I have proof, and everyone I'm sure will agree... the accurate price of Sexcoin is $69. (Someone had to crack that joke... Yeah, I know... it blows... or it sucks... or both...)
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
yea, i dont trust in all of them, I jsut picked some coins people follow. Some of these coins I believe have the potential, others not so much. But yes, these prices arent far off what they seem. alts are bigger market than bitcoin. Give it a year.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
A few of your predictions may actually come true, but it is unrealistic to believe that all of them will. Also, you forgot about Primecoin, which has some potential due to its unique proof-of-work system.
so  by 2015 i can have my own Island and private jet
it is possible, dont discourage yourself man........ xd
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
so  by 2015 i can have my own Island and private jet
but again think, we are not talking US fiat currency. Crypto as you obviously know, isnt centralized to a government. Crypto is a worldwide currency. So i wouldnt compare it to USD, youd have to combine the value of all the world currency to get a better comparison on whats possible with a net value in crypto imo

edit:saw you said what i wastedly wrote xd
Activity: 253
Merit: 1413
DTCxNMC
Then again, the world capital is significantly more.  I can't find a good estimate of it, but in order for this level of growth the BTC bug would probably have to spread to more countries.
Activity: 253
Merit: 1413
DTCxNMC
Bitcoin's current market cap is only $12 billion at the moment.  A year fom now it could easily be $500+ billion...who knows.  A lot of people think that even $100,000 per Bitcoin could be reached with only a small amount of the world's transactions being made by it. (something like 1%)

The Bitcoin community has already done all the hard legwork in bringing digital currencies into the limelight.  Hence the amount of time for an altcoin to be adopted and to mature is far less.

Given that, I wouldn't think OP's forecasts are unreasonable, particularly in regards to a $500 Litecoin.  That's only a ~1000% increase over a year, and it has risen far more than that already in less than 6 months.

Anything could happen though, and here's hoping!

500 billion USD is just under half of the amount of TOTAL USD in circulation.  While not impossible, it's a bit too optimistic, imo.  Add in the values of the other coins and it doesn't quite make sense, imo.
exactly, you cant undermine the value and speed of the market, as its obviously moving very very fast.
Activity: 764
This list is terrible. You expect almost every coin to have Bitcoin's current market cap within a year?

Bitcoin's current market cap is only $12 billion at the moment.  A year fom now it could easily be $500+ billion...who knows.  A lot of people think that even $100,000 per Bitcoin could be reached with only a small amount of the world's transactions being made by it. (something like 1%)

The Bitcoin community has already done all the hard legwork in bringing digital currencies into the limelight.  Hence the amount of time for an altcoin to be adopted and to mature is far less.

Given that, I wouldn't think OP's forecasts are unreasonable, particularly in regards to a $500 Litecoin.  That's only a ~1000% increase over a year, and it has risen far more than that already in less than 6 months.

Trust me, I understand how foolish it is to underestimate cryptocurrencies but this is going way too far for 1 year. SOME of these don't seem crazy but others are ridiculous.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
This list is terrible. You expect almost every coin to have Bitcoin's current market cap within a year?

you seem like one of the guys who was telling everyone in 2011 to sell their bitcoins for $15
this is if these coins became the top altcoins. Meaning ofc many of the list will fall, but I believe I listed many that are top contenders to the crypto market. And yes I belive a few of these will have a bitcoin market cap in a little over a year. Not impossible, and in the current boom and crypto rush, Id say chances are pretty damn good ( especially compared to any other time you look at it)

Sure. Everyone here is going to be a millionaire within 15 months everyone! You heard it here first!
this is if these coins became the top altcoins. Meaning ofc many of the list will fall, but I believe I listed many that are top contenders to the crypto market. And yes I belive a few of these will have a bitcoin market cap in a little over a year. Not impossible, and in the current boom and crypto rush, Id say chances are pretty damn good ( especially compared to any other time you look at it)
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Sexcoin - $277
 Shocked
The thing is, nearly everycoin is tied to Bitcoin prices, and if Bitcoin falls they fall as well. So it's [re[psterous to think so many coins will be over Bitcoin, when, in reality, only one or two have actually proved it isn't tied to Bitcoin.
thats why I feel these estimates are a better than estimate than just saying "we'll see". I feel altcoins are growing faster (ALOT) faster than bitcoin could becuase the way the crypto market is now setup. With companies such as paypal and JP Morgan bringing up crypto coins, and Ron Paul and such making big news about them, I truly see altcoins being at HUGE values by 2015. Just look at bitcoins growth in a time where they were unheard of and being called a joke at the time! I do belive my numbers are decently accurate, and are a good estimate at how much the coins will be worth at full value. ( This is all if bitcoin stays from 1k-1.3k in value) which I believe it will fluctuate between

My friend your numbers are no where near accurate. They may not be accurate for a single coin, definitely not all of them.
Activity: 370
Merit: 250
Basically calling for 200 Billion in growth...
The thing is, nearly everycoin is tied to Bitcoin prices, and if Bitcoin falls they fall as well. So it's [re[psterous to think so many coins will be over Bitcoin, when, in reality, only one or two have actually proved it isn't tied to Bitcoin.
thats why I feel these estimates are a better than estimate than just saying "we'll see". I feel altcoins are growing faster (ALOT) faster than bitcoin could becuase the way the crypto market is now setup. With companies such as paypal and JP Morgan bringing up crypto coins, and Ron Paul and such making big news about them, I truly see altcoins being at HUGE values by 2015. Just look at bitcoins growth in a time where they were unheard of and being called a joke at the time! I do belive my numbers are decently accurate, and are a good estimate at how much the coins will be worth at full value. ( This is all if bitcoin stays from 1k-1.3k in value) which I believe it will fluctuate between
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
Right or wrong, it's an entertaining read Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: