Pages:
Author

Topic: My eth is hacked ........ - page 9. (Read 12613 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 14
July 18, 2019, 04:05:56 AM
Hacked funds can't be reversed, what you need do is check what you did wrong then avoid it. On the other note, getting a hardware wallet is the best option to avoid further hacks.
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
July 18, 2019, 02:13:21 AM
As a lesson for what happened you should buy a hardware wallet (Ledger Nano S, Trezor etc) to be sure this will no longer happen in the future.

Keeping your private key on your Desktop is not a safe option at all.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 102
July 18, 2019, 02:07:00 AM
It is really horrible news for all crypto users. Many people use MEW to store Eth and other ERC20 based tokens. People also use other crypto wallets to store their asset. The scammer's theft the asset in many ways. The hackers use viruses and they can hack your wallet any time. So download a safe wallet and secure your device with anti-virus.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
July 18, 2019, 02:04:14 AM
very rarely, the wallet was hacked, I think you have provided something important from your private key so that your wallet is successfully penetrated by someone else. be careful downloading something on the internet, because they will take your private key.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
July 18, 2019, 02:00:52 AM
if it's already in the hacker's wallet, it can't be restored, it's better to prevent this from happening in the future. I recommend using a wallet with very high security like myetherwallet apk version so no one can hack your wallet again
It is true that if your wallet is hacked it is certain that nothing can be done anymore, besides replacing it with a new wallet and starting to be more careful of the experiences that have occurred don't do it again. in fact the wallet has been made in such a way that it is very safe, usually if hacked it can be ascertained because of its own mistakes.
make it a habit to use bookmarks and don't often open emails that have links if you are not sure that you know.

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
July 18, 2019, 01:53:22 AM
Once the hacker has control over your private keys sadly there's nothing can be done after that. If the amount you lost is substantial than all you can do is involve the authorities but I doubt they can be of any help as well because of the nature of cryptocurrency.
My friend has lost a lot of ETH because his wallet was hacked, I think there is no other way to stop it because hackers in crypto are very difficult to track, create new wallets and provide double security is the choice that should be made.
Six months ago, I got a stiller. so he downloaded my keystore's from myetherwallet, pulled all the tokens and then even manipulated them, and I can not change anything - just watching )
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
July 18, 2019, 01:46:34 AM
Once the hacker has control over your private keys sadly there's nothing can be done after that. If the amount you lost is substantial than all you can do is involve the authorities but I doubt they can be of any help as well because of the nature of cryptocurrency.
My friend has lost a lot of ETH because his wallet was hacked, I think there is no other way to stop it because hackers in crypto are very difficult to track, create new wallets and provide double security is the choice that should be made.
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
Keep Working
July 18, 2019, 01:38:03 AM
what can I do to stop it
I have no evidence

the hacker's address is  0xEEBbC9888fD8Ec5dFC267a915664780c8fa66426

My address is 0xd125a58b966dc8bdf10489fd910ca929934a0dbc

It happened in Jun 6th

I guess I download a virus altcoin wallet and the hacker found my private key in my desktop

Sad to hear, never store private keys in an insecure place. Also provided hacker's address can be any exchange address unless you are 100% sure about it.
Activity: 491
Merit: 100
July 18, 2019, 01:34:38 AM
Let's really be careful when clicking on links, some links are specifically to hack into us.
There is nothing to be done again now that the hacker has your private key, all you should do now is to start over but be very careful now.
Activity: 812
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
July 18, 2019, 01:19:04 AM
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
July 18, 2019, 01:13:40 AM
what can I do to stop it

There's nothing you can do once it has happened. But obviously there are steps you can take to prevent it happening again:
  • Don't use that wallet again
  • Run anti-virus checks on your computer to clear out any malicious software
  • Run anti-virus checks on everything you download
  • Store your private key somewhere else, not on the same computer
copper member
Activity: 176
Merit: 0
July 18, 2019, 12:47:10 AM
This is really traumatic, after earning or buying some coins, only for it to be hacked, I feel your pains, but the truth is nothing can be done, just move on but try to be safer so as not to fall victim again.
Activity: 98
July 17, 2019, 11:09:34 PM
its very sad I also lost my MEW wallet we can not recover it,Sorry with your losses but learn from this experience and don't download anything suspicious and unknown wallets.
copper member
Activity: 644
POINTPAY
July 17, 2019, 10:52:02 PM
yes, this is the main issue I think companies have to work how to make the wallet system much stronger and secure so that people feel safe to store their funds.
Activity: 630
July 17, 2019, 09:38:55 PM
since its stolen there's nothing we can do about it because its already stolen . Next time try to use metamask for more security and always erase cache before shutting down the pc to avoid phishing schemes
Activity: 532
Merit: 11
♦♦♦♦♦
July 17, 2019, 08:38:17 PM
Nothing you can do to save your coin/token from that ethereum wallet. But to prevent that hacker to hacking your wallet for the next , you can start to scanning your computer / pc using antivirus. Some hacker using malware and another virus to collecting their target data.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 594
July 16, 2019, 12:52:31 AM
If your error is due to downloading an application that you think is a virus, I think the antivirus on your computer should work (if any)
But according to it seems you have been wrong in giving your private key to a website or to someone
copper member
Activity: 994
Merit: 4
July 16, 2019, 12:11:00 AM
This is so sad, but there isn't anything you can do to stop it, the best option is to get a new wallet and store the private key safely.

Pls what wallet did you download so we don't fall victim.
copper member
Activity: 168
July 15, 2019, 09:32:54 PM
you better make a new wallet and give away your old wallet. if there is still a chance, move the token or coin in the old wallet to the new wallet. you should use a hardware wallet such as nano ledger for example.
copper member
Activity: 1218
July 15, 2019, 09:07:52 PM
I can only advise you to hide the key away somewhere inside the folders that you will remember
I do it like this
on your desktop keeping your key is not safe
Pages:
Jump to: