Pages:
Author

Topic: My RX580 Benchmarking and Results: 30.5Mh/s @ 77.5W (+ 1130MH/s Dcr w/ 125W) - page 8. (Read 189814 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Can someone please help, I have these card, MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8GB OC with Samsung memory, I copied straps 1:1750 to 1:2000 and 2:1750 to 2:2000, that pushed my stock hash from 19 to 24.5, haven't overclocked as yet. Hash rate still low though, it could be very helpful if someone knowledgeable can help.

Here is my original rom: https://mega.nz/#!jdxDnBRL!kJokqryH6FtSMfQiyIlovZxmTUcqRlgYzVjvmK_3Rts

Thanks

Here are a couple of things you can try.
Use Polaris Bios Editor and select the 'one click' option for memory timings https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor, or try a pre-configure BIOS from here https://anorak.tech/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/13
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Can someone please help, I have these card, MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8GB OC with Samsung memory, I copied straps 1:1750 to 1:2000 and 2:1750 to 2:2000, that pushed my stock hash from 19 to 24.5, haven't overclocked as yet. Hash rate still low though, it could be very helpful if someone knowledgeable can help.

Here is my original rom: https://mega.nz/#!jdxDnBRL!kJokqryH6FtSMfQiyIlovZxmTUcqRlgYzVjvmK_3Rts

Thanks
Activity: 360
Merit: 251
That is a good speed you getting there. You should go more in depth for us or even create a video. That is a very good speed and I doubt better is even possible.
Activity: 47
I have big problem with my RX580 8g msi I get only 18K how come?

I have 2 cars the RX550 does 9k

driver is 1.7.7

any help ?
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
Hello, another noob here,  Cool Cool

I'm using 1 Shappire RX 580 Nitro+ 8gb with hynix memory. I just modded the bios

this are my numbers:

260W ish from the wall
mining etherium at 31.8mh/s.
1250mhz on the core
2250mhz on the memory
around 100W for the gpu core
fan speed at 30% around 57ºC for a 24hours period.
-175mV on the core
from 949 to 955mV while hashing.

am i doing the things right? Thanks for your help.
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
hello to everyone!

im newbie mining coins. I have 13 GPUs rig, the GPUs are Asus dual RX580 8gb and im using EthOS. Can you help me with some questions?

1) By default im getting 24,4 Mh/s, how do you reach 29?
2) I dont want to mod the bios, so, what do you thing is the best setting that I can do on Core Clock, Mem Clock and Voltage

Thank you all!!!

I'm afraid without modding the bios this hashrate cant be achieved.
I did not want to mod my cards either, but i found out that this was impossible otherwise.
Activity: 1
hello to everyone!

im newbie mining coins. I have 13 GPUs rig, the GPUs are Asus dual RX580 8gb and im using EthOS. Can you help me with some questions?

1) By default im getting 24,4 Mh/s, how do you reach 29?
2) I dont want to mod the bios, so, what do you thing is the best setting that I can do on Core Clock, Mem Clock and Voltage

Thank you all!!!
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Guys, i have a question. When you flash the bios on 6 cards that are in the same rig, how do you do it?
Do you remove them all and start one by one. Do you flash them when they are on the raisers? Or you have to insert them in the mobo?
I always remove them all and do it one by one, plugged to the mobo without raisers.

That is what I do, one card at a time. I have a spare PC and mod the BIOS's on that PC, this lets me test how the mod went and to check if copying straps or using some pre-configured BIOS or the 'One Click' option on Polaris Bios Editor gives the best results.
Activity: 46
Guys, i have a question. When you flash the bios on 6 cards that are in the same rig, how do you do it?
Do you remove them all and start one by one. Do you flash them when they are on the raisers? Or you have to insert them in the mobo?
I always remove them all and do it one by one, plugged to the mobo without raisers.

The safest way is one by one without risers, directly on the motherboard
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Hello,  anyone could help with this RX580 4GB (Hynix) in order to got 30.5 MHs ?

I am getting right now 29.0 MHs  with  1300 Core - 2100 Mem

Hello,

Can you tell us which model it is ? Gigabyte ? MSI ?

You need to know that 4Gb models are less efficient tan 8Gb models : you should already be happy to reach 29MHs Smiley I think you should stop here

(my RX 580 4gb does not even reach 29MHs)

Mine does 31MH/s easy. Don't blame the poor cards for you being inept.
Activity: 403
Merit: 101
Hello,  anyone could help with this RX580 4GB (Hynix) in order to got 30.5 MHs ?

Hello,

You need to know that 4Gb models are less efficient tan 8Gb models : you should already be happy to reach 29MHs Smiley I think you should stop here

This guy doesn't know what he's saying  Grin

If you do, then explain why i'm getting these:

8x Sapphire Nitro+ Rx580 4GB Elpida

Can you share your BIOS here ? My Gigabyte RX 580 also has 4Gb  Elpida memory, you'd be super nice Smiley

Thanks a lot !
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

look the new cards are basically the same as the old ones

rx 470 = rx 570
rx 480 = rx 580

So what ever you can find at a good price get.

That is true - and it will MUCH easier to sell rx 580. So transition to new series is must

I beg to differ. The older RX 470/480 series cards consume LESS POWER. This is a known fact (based on specs on boxes) and one that i myself have tested at the wall with a power meter. The additional 1-2 hash rates are nice but if electricity is a big factor in your profit (mining in places where electricity is expensive), it will be best to stick with the old cards.

Resale value is a small matter. If you're mining you should be in this for the long term. Mine until your GPUs die.

Wrong, you just know jack shit. The 5xx series are given more voltage for better overclocking - however, we don't care, so we undervolt. Now, since they were made on a slightly better process (although same size), compared to their 4xx siblings, they do BETTER.

Shit, idle voltage was even lowered from 0.8V to 0.75V.

Hello,

Mine does 31MH/s easy. Don't blame the poor cards for you being inept.

Ahah, thank you guys for your feedback Tongue  I'm sure I read that on other forums... I'm quite curious then ! I'll try to O/C my card better
Activity: 181
Ethereum Miner

Hello,

This guy doesn't know what he's saying  Grin

If you do, then explain why i'm getting these:

8x Sapphire Nitro+ Rx580 4GB Elpida

Hello,

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

Have you tried Polaris Bios Editor https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor or the variant SRBPolaris Bios Editor https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/srbpolaris-v35-bios-editor-for-amd-rx4xx-and-rx5xx-cards-1882656

Or see if any of these BIOS's will help https://anorak.tech/c/downloads/xfx

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Activity: 18
Congratulations for you 30+
Mine only gets 18 + and can't find any help here good luck to you
I think if you keep your Gpu in lower temp it's will be good for a long time
Activity: 3
Hi guys,

i´m really new in this, so i hope you guys can help with some qualitive information and your expierence about gpu settings in mining ETH.

I´m using right now Claymore Dual Miner/ just mining eth only on dwarfpool

Components:

850w EVGA + h110 pro btc motherboard + 8 bg ram (hyper x fury) and 2 Gpu´s Sapphire RX 580 Nitro + 8 GB.

My stats:

constant 341 watts total (think the motherboard is using 90 watts and the cards using 125watts each)
core clock 1250
memory clock 2250
voltage set to 900
and a powerstage on level 3 (using simplemining)

Fan Speed 40% and a temperature of 49% on both cards. They are bios modded btw.

Results: 31.35 MH/s with every gpu / total of 62.70 Mh/s

Everything is working stable, but i don´t know really if i decrease the life span to much with this settings. I know that life span is decreased generally by mining.

I really wan´t to have the best long term settings, like 2 years and more. Maybe you can tell me what really decrease life span. Is it only the temperature and voltage that get involved in this topic?

Does core clock and memory setting not reduce life time? And what do you say about my settings.

What expierence did you made?

I know: a lot of questions.

I appreciate all of your answers which getting me more in touch with this issue.

Sincerely yours,

miningenthusiast
Pages:
Jump to: