Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 7. (Read 147923 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Corsair 750w (for 3 RX470)

I have the same problem even if I disable the 2 good working cards.

I have no idea left .. no big deal, just one GPU, but I like to have everything perfect !

So 1 card stand alone on the rig.

And it still does this?

Is it one of the ones I sold you?

Is it running on the evga  mobo I sold you?

Basically sounds like a failing card.

Or a failing mobo.

Or a falling psu.

or a failing riser.

Risers have caps. And caps are like a rechargeable battery if they are failing they can cause your symptom.

I lose track of the inventory I sell.  I know I sold 5 xfx 1 fan short 470s.  They were flawless.

I also sold quite a few blower style cards to you. Sapphire if I recall.   They were weird at times.  Is it one of them?
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
It's got to be thermal throttling.

Maybe you've done all this....Try using Afterburner or watttool and leave the CMD line setting off. Make sure the max temp is 90 or so. Make sure the actual voltage, as reported by GPUz is 0.97-0.99v. Have the fan run at 70 -80%. Limit the clock rate to 1125MHz.

What is its position on the MB? I had a hot card I had to move to the outside.
Activity: 501
Corsair 750w (for 3 RX470)

I have the same problem even if I disable the 2 good working cards.

I have no idea left .. no big deal, just one GPU, but I like to have everything perfect !
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Weird, I still have the same issue after another fresh windows install (10 instead of7) , a different driver , and a different riser ...
The card hashrate continue decreasing , and I still can't see her temperature through Claymore.
EDIT : almost fixed it returning to stock bios. Not maximum hashrate but better than 8mh/s ! I have now 20m/s on stock bios RX470 , but still can't get temperature in claymore, nor clock controls.

just curious -- what PSU are you using?
AMD settings is not installed.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
aka ...
but still can't get temperature in claymore, nor clock controls.

Hi,

are you sure, you got crossfire disabled in the driver settings ?

Wink
Weird, I still have the same issue after another fresh windows install (10 instead of7) , a different driver , and a different riser ...
The card hashrate continue decreasing , and I still can't see her temperature through Claymore.
EDIT : almost fixed it returning to stock bios. Not maximum hashrate but better than 8mh/s ! I have now 20m/s on stock bios RX470 , but still can't get temperature in claymore, nor clock controls.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Citronick : yes , and its ok there.

Phil : I think you are close to the point. I do not set clocks with anyhting else than claymore itself. But I just noticed I have no control on that 3rd GPU, claymore only show the 2 others card's temp.I set -fanmin 100 to that trouble card to see if temperature (80°c+ according to GPU-z) would reduce but it doesn't change.

So I have to understand why I hane no controle on that card.
Maybe driver related..

I experienced the same issue with my 480 reference 480 8 gb rig in the past. After setting clocks with afterburner, the slowing down issue went away.
Citronick : yes , and its ok there.

Phil : I think you are close to the point. I do not set clocks with anyhting else than claymore itself. But I just noticed I have no control on that 3rd GPU, claymore only show the 2 others card's temp.I set -fanmin 100 to that trouble card to see if temperature (80°c+ according to GPU-z) would reduce but it doesn't change.

So I have to understand why I have no controle on that card.
Maybe driver related..

EDIT : do you know what is the most recent driver we can use  for mining ? (recent because gaming too)
legendary
I see what you mean about the calc on nano, I switched over and I have on xmr over there for 3 days now.  Nano is my favorite for xmr, very stable but it does have these huge hot streaks of blocks followed by dead time.  I use whattomine to give me average estimates so I ignore the calc on nano mostly.

I noticed no one has really mentioned sgminer for windows, only for linux.  I use sgminer windows version to mine xmr.

470/480 gets 670 h/s

1100 core 1900 mem (eth straps)

53 watts reported so it comes out to ~85 watts at the wall.  I think this is the best setting you can get from low watts to a high hash.  sgminer requires a little tweaking but it rocks once its dialed in.  You could probably get wolfs miner to produced similar results but I could never get it to function on windows.

yeah I don't both with the calculator as it is based on last 6 hours.

I did 33.4 coins since Jan 24 so that is about 2.4 coins a day or 72 in a month

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
I see what you mean about the calc on nano, I switched over and I have on xmr over there for 3 days now.  Nano is my favorite for xmr, very stable but it does have these huge hot streaks of blocks followed by dead time.  I use whattomine to give me average estimates so I ignore the calc on nano mostly.

I noticed no one has really mentioned sgminer for windows, only for linux.  I use sgminer windows version to mine xmr.

470/480 gets 670 h/s

1100 core 1900 mem (eth straps)

53 watts reported so it comes out to ~85 watts at the wall.  I think this is the best setting you can get from low watts to a high hash.  sgminer requires a little tweaking but it rocks once its dialed in.  You could probably get wolfs miner to produced similar results but I could never get it to function on windows.
legendary
Hi guys,
I would like some advice,
I have a 3 GPUs rig , but the 3rd GPU get me small troubles : when I boot the rig , it works a normal 25 mh/s (Eth mining) , but it keeps decreasing every second until it reach about 8mh/s.
I changed the PCI slot but didn't help.

Any advice before I jump in the boring work like chaging drivers ?

What temp is card?

How do you set clocks?

Msi afterburner when unlocked has a hidden temp max.

Maybe it is set at 60c and the card lowers hash due to temp
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi guys,
I have a 3 GPUs rig , but the 3rd GPU get me small troubles : when I boot the rig , it works a normal 25 mh/s (Eth mining) , but it keeps decreasing every second until it reach about 8mh/s.

Claymore ETH miner?

Ensure that you have min 16gb virtual memory and powered risers.
Hi guys,

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Anyone here using Suprnova to mine DCR?  I got locked out of my account yesterday while trying to update payout info and cannot get anyone to respond or help me on the Suprnova support side for over 24 hours now. Their automated email that apparently walks through how to unlock account was never sent and attempts to contact their support through 3 diff methods have not been answered.  Any suggestions, including alternate DCR pools for US-based miners would be appreciated.

I believe ocminer runs suprnova.  You could try to contact him.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Anyone here using Suprnova to mine DCR?  I got locked out of my account yesterday while trying to update payout info and cannot get anyone to respond or help me on the Suprnova support side for over 24 hours now. Their automated email that apparently walks through how to unlock account was never sent and attempts to contact their support through 3 diff methods have not been answered.  Any suggestions, including alternate DCR pools for US-based miners would be appreciated.
legendary
thanks to both for the advice... i figured that might be a bit much for this a 1200w PSU.

I tried only changing core clock to 1100 on the 5 MSI's (not touching the orphan Nitro at this point) and got a blue-screen about 2 minutes after starting Claymore 7.4.  After reboot, decided to go with 1125/1925 and also took an additional -2 off their voltage offset each. This resulted in only about 1-2% drop-off in HR for each coin but dropped my power useage by about 75w, so sitting right around 980-985 at this point (with DCR at 34), which I feel much better about.  I will play around with it more over the weekend though just in case I can get better results. I suspect I drop the voltage offsets a bit more, especially on the 2 GPUs that have 1160 default value there.  I would love to get it down close to 900 so I can run XMR CPU again on this rig again, but I think DCR is more profitable than CPU XMR at this point, but I will do that calc tomorrow after running DCR for 24 hours.

I would love to learn xmr cpu mining links and bat files would be helpful if you have them .

Sure Phil, happy to help out!

Claymore XMR CPU 3.5 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-windows-cpu-miner-v40-647251

The bat file is actually very simple... only need to designate your pool (-o) and XMR address (-u). Here is mine for Dwarfpool, which has been the best for me:

NsCpuCNMiner64.exe -o stratum+tcp://xmr-usa.dwarfpool.com:8050 -u 46shm7maKo9Ev35kJiAoW6ZsWSxGWkNeuBrfgcN49g9JJWQe7yE513SGRiqsper1uG9T1xFDFH3inMS G7hrKW2oMHGrTDez -p x

The other possible thing to put in the bat file would be how many threads you want to use. It auto-selects otherwise, which works for 2 of my 3 machines, but the 3rd with the i7-6800k 15MB cache, I need to add the "-t 7" command in the bat file to maximize HR.  Optimal thread useage for this miner is based directly on how much cache your CPU has.  That 6800k has 15 and each mining thread requires 2MB, hence my -t 7 command to use 7 threads (of the 12) = 14MB of cache. Exceeding that 2MB rule will actually reduce speeed.  I tried to use 8 and 9 threads and both resulted in worse performance. So, your CPU's cache divided by 2 is what your -t command should be.

The other thing to note with this miner is that at least the first time, it needs to be launched in Admin mode. But, i actually just launch it that way every time.  And, the .exe file is what needs this, so, since it is launched through the bat file, you actually need to go into the file properties of the exe file and set it to launch as admin.  This should enable your miner to start in Fast Mode.  If it does not, let me know and I can help trouble shoot. Hope this helps.

Thanks  I will give this a shot today.

NsCpuCNMiner64.exe -o stratum+tcp://xmr-usa.dwarfpool.com:8050 -u 463tWEBn5XZJSxLU6uLQnQ2iY9xuNcDbjLSjkn3XAXHCbLrTTErJrBWYgHJQyrCwkNgYvyV3z8zctJL PCZy24jvb3NiTcTJ.08912b53652c493494214f8ae7982d66a4cb6daa0c414191bc8ee808e2bfc2 04.cpu1 -p x -t 3
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
thanks to both for the advice... i figured that might be a bit much for this a 1200w PSU.

I tried only changing core clock to 1100 on the 5 MSI's (not touching the orphan Nitro at this point) and got a blue-screen about 2 minutes after starting Claymore 7.4.  After reboot, decided to go with 1125/1925 and also took an additional -2 off their voltage offset each. This resulted in only about 1-2% drop-off in HR for each coin but dropped my power useage by about 75w, so sitting right around 980-985 at this point (with DCR at 34), which I feel much better about.  I will play around with it more over the weekend though just in case I can get better results. I suspect I drop the voltage offsets a bit more, especially on the 2 GPUs that have 1160 default value there.  I would love to get it down close to 900 so I can run XMR CPU again on this rig again, but I think DCR is more profitable than CPU XMR at this point, but I will do that calc tomorrow after running DCR for 24 hours.

I would love to learn xmr cpu mining links and bat files would be helpful if you have them .

Sure Phil, happy to help out!

Claymore XMR CPU 3.5 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-windows-cpu-miner-v40-647251

The bat file is actually very simple... only need to designate your pool (-o) and XMR address (-u). Here is mine for Dwarfpool, which has been the best for me:

NsCpuCNMiner64.exe -o stratum+tcp://xmr-usa.dwarfpool.com:8050 -u 46shm7maKo9Ev35kJiAoW6ZsWSxGWkNeuBrfgcN49g9JJWQe7yE513SGRiqsper1uG9T1xFDFH3inMS G7hrKW2oMHGrTDez -p x

The other possible thing to put in the bat file would be how many threads you want to use. It auto-selects otherwise, which works for 2 of my 3 machines, but the 3rd with the i7-6800k 15MB cache, I need to add the "-t 7" command in the bat file to maximize HR.  Optimal thread useage for this miner is based directly on how much cache your CPU has.  That 6800k has 15 and each mining thread requires 2MB, hence my -t 7 command to use 7 threads (of the 12) = 14MB of cache. Exceeding that 2MB rule will actually reduce speeed.  I tried to use 8 and 9 threads and both resulted in worse performance. So, your CPU's cache divided by 2 is what your -t command should be.

The other thing to note with this miner is that at least the first time, it needs to be launched in Admin mode. But, i actually just launch it that way every time.  And, the .exe file is what needs this, so, since it is launched through the bat file, you actually need to go into the file properties of the exe file and set it to launch as admin.  This should enable your miner to start in Fast Mode.  If it does not, let me know and I can help trouble shoot. Hope this helps.

legendary

I tried only changing core clock to 1100 on the 5 MSI's (not touching the orphan Nitro at this point) and got a blue-screen about 2 minutes after starting Claymore 7.4.  After reboot, decided to go with 1125/1925 and also took an additional -2 off their voltage offset each. This resulted in only about 1-2% drop-off in HR for each coin but dropped my power useage by about 75w, so sitting right around 980-985 at this point (with DCR at 34), which I feel much better about.  I will play around with it more over the weekend though just in case I can get better results. I suspect I drop the voltage offsets a bit more, especially on the 2 GPUs that have 1160 default value there.  I would love to get it down close to 900 so I can run XMR CPU again on this rig again, but I think DCR is more profitable than CPU XMR at this point, but I will do that calc tomorrow after running DCR for 24 hours.

Activity: 615

I tried only changing core clock to 1100 on the 5 MSI's (not touching the orphan Nitro at this point) and got a blue-screen about 2 minutes after starting Claymore 7.4.  After reboot, decided to go with 1125/1925 and also took an additional -2 off their voltage offset each. This resulted in only about 1-2% drop-off in HR for each coin but dropped my power useage by about 75w, so sitting right around 980-985 at this point (with DCR at 34), which I feel much better about.  I will play around with it more over the weekend though just in case I can get better results. I suspect I drop the voltage offsets a bit more, especially on the 2 GPUs that have 1160 default value there.  I would love to get it down close to 900 so I can run XMR CPU again on this rig again, but I think DCR is more profitable than CPU XMR at this point, but I will do that calc tomorrow after running DCR for 24 hours.

Use GPUz to tell you your actual voltage (middle tab).  Compare the speed bins/ voltage table of Wattman WattTool to the actual on-die value reported via GPUz. They sometimes are different. Keep dropping voltage offset in Wattman WattTool until you have your desired voltage value in GPUz
Pages:
Jump to: