Pages:
Author

Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos. - page 8. (Read 147923 times)

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
thanks to both for the advice... i figured that might be a bit much for this a 1200w PSU.

I tried only changing core clock to 1100 on the 5 MSI's (not touching the orphan Nitro at this point) and got a blue-screen about 2 minutes after starting Claymore 7.4.  After reboot, decided to go with 1125/1925 and also took an additional -2 off their voltage offset each. This resulted in only about 1-2% drop-off in HR for each coin but dropped my power useage by about 75w, so sitting right around 980-985 at this point (with DCR at 34), which I feel much better about.  I will play around with it more over the weekend though just in case I can get better results. I suspect I drop the voltage offsets a bit more, especially on the 2 GPUs that have 1160 default value there.  I would love to get it down close to 900 so I can run XMR CPU again on this rig again, but I think DCR is more profitable than CPU XMR at this point, but I will do that calc tomorrow after running DCR for 24 hours.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
yeah give up some hash if you have to as using 1060watts 24/7/365  will be hard on your psu.

the quark has 4 cables  with double heads. most of that 1060 watts is running though the pcie cables.  some the 8 pin cpu and some the 24 pin cable

I would worry at those power draws.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
I've been lowering the core to ~1075 MHz core on my 470s, and this usually allows me to drop Vcore down to 0.930 V or so.  I can still get 27 MH/s ETH. Depends on the card, of course.

Give that a try.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hello everyone... just got back from 2.5 weeks away and looking to optimize what my 2 rigs are running based on current profitability scenarios.  I was pretty lucky while away... rig #1 (W7 - 4x470) ran the entire time on XMR GPU 9.6, XMR CPU 3.5, & Burst mining. In fact, that rig has been doing that exact combo for very near a month now with not 1 second of down-time, which is something I thought I would never see.  Rig #2 (W10 - 6x470), actually did better than expected, running 10-11 days XMR GPU 9.7 and CPU 3.5 until crashing. Still, that's the longest I've had that up so far so I will take it.  Got some weird error though with XMR and was not able to fix it remotely, so just switched to ETH for the last few days and it was ok.  My profit is still roughly the same for both ETH & XMR, so was going to go back to splitting rigs when I got home anyway.

Something that caught me eye recently though was the recent explosion of DCR... currently at about $2.60!  This is nearly 3x what it was several months back when I was analyzing dual mining ETH + DCR. Back then it didn't make much sense but at current rates, or even anything about $1.50 or above, it does seem to be worthwhile, so today I went back to dual-mining on my 6x rig.  Sure, it sucks power like a MF'er but seems like it's going to be worth it.  my first hour penciled out to over 1 DCR/day but that has dropped off quite a bit since, even though HR is same. I will monitor for 24 hours then get a better idea, but seems good to me at current prices. 

I wanted to mention this since i didn't see anyone factoring in DCR while catching up on the last 9-10 pages of posts here. Seems to me that with XMR maybe just being slightly better than ETH only, that extra from DCR could swing it in the other direction.

At default settings in Claymore 7.4, I was getting 165 on ETH and 2470 on DCR.  Let that run for 3 hours and was totally stable, although pulling 1045w on my 1200w PSU.  This brings me to my questions...

1- is this enough headroom (150w) to run 24/7 or too risky?  I know some people say 20% headroom is preferred and this is only 12.5%.  With some tweaking, I hope to get it down to about 1000w, which leads me to my next question...

2- what is the current consensus for best 470 4GB (MSI in my case) settings for ETH?  I currently have them all running at 1150 core/1950 mem.  I know some are running at 2000 mem but on the other end, is anyone running core at lower than 1150 for ETH?

3- Regarding the ETH+DCR settings... what is the supposed optimal mix for 470/480's?  I did a bit of tweaking and found that increasing DCR intensity by +1 starting at default 30 increased about 3% HR per +1 but only offset by a very marginal .06% drop-off in ETH HR. This held true up to DCR +4 (34), resulting in a 13% gain in DCR HR while only cutting ETH by .24%.  However, this change did end up pulling about 10 more watts, which is why I stopped there since my system is now pulling 1060w and I don't want to push it any farther than that.

Other than potentially lowering the core clock speed lower than 1150, I think i have a bit more room in the Watt-tool voltage offset area since 4 of my 5 MSI 470's have stage 7 default values of 1150-1168 and I currently only have their offset values set between -14 & -16... hoping to get those 4 running solidly with closer to -20.

legendary
Hmm... I have some other core clock mods, which seem to preclude me from raising the core clock rate above what is already set (lower, between 1075 to 1125).  I may have to flash the original roms back onto the cards and start fresh.

More than I'm willing to start this late.  Thanks for the feedback.  460 to 470 H/s seemed low...

Yeah xmr likes higher cores.  Still gentle on power use.
Hmm... I have some other core clock mods, which seem to preclude me from raising the core clock rate above what is already set (lower, between 1075 to 1125).  I may have to flash the original roms back onto the cards and start fresh.

More than I'm willing to start this late.  Thanks for the feedback.  460 to 470 H/s seemed low...
Activity: 662
You should get 600+ on stock clocks (or even GPU core down clocked) with strap mod only.
legendary
I've switched from ETH to XMR on a few rigs as a test.  I'm getting ~460-470 H/s with RX 470s that were tuned to get 27-28 MH/s ETH.

Does this rate seem reasonable?  Do the roms need to be tweaked for this algorithm?  How so?

Try Msi afterburner

-80 to -99 volts

-12 power setting

1200 core

1500 memory

60% fan

See if you get 575 - 600 with that. RX 470 4gb
I've switched from ETH to XMR on a few rigs as a test.  I'm getting ~460-470 H/s with RX 470s that were tuned to get 27-28 MH/s ETH.

Does this rate seem reasonable?  Do the roms need to be tweaked for this algorithm?  How so?
most of my stuff for xmr
dwarfpool

rest is mixed see sig

I heard Dwarfpool was always fair no matter what coin. What do you think ? payout as expected ?

XMR is best bet now, profitability almost mirroring ETH and with lowest wattage vs ETH and ZEC.

Citronick , what do you use as pool for XMR ?
Same question for ZEC and ETH

I'm using Ethermine for ETH, but my shown hashrate if often lower than the one reported by Claymore ...
Any advice on what pool is better ?

For ZEC , as I've been dispappointed by Flypool and Nanopool, I'm testing Dwarf pool. Is there a better choice ?

Yepp, Dwar is solid
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
most of my stuff for xmr
dwarfpool

rest is mixed see sig

I heard Dwarfpool was always fair no matter what coin. What do you think ? payout as expected ?

XMR is best bet now, profitability almost mirroring ETH and with lowest wattage vs ETH and ZEC.

I'm using Ethermine for ETH, but my shown hashrate if often lower than the one reported by Claymore ...

For ZEC , as I've been dispappointed by Flypool and Nanopool, I'm testing Dwarf pool. Is there a better choice ?

I am mining XMR with sgminer-gm v5.5.5 / Linux/SMos at dashminer.com

BTC anonymous payout pegged on BTC market price.

I give up on ETH and ZEC - mining XMR gives me lowest power consumption and profitability for XMR is on the ETH line -- so really no brainer here.

On the pools... I am tired of going round and round with all their messy interface and dealing with Poloniex, why dashminer.com.... it cuts thru all the BS and gives me BTC. At 900$++ per BTC, I want just BTC in my wallet and nothing else.

ZEC has fallen too much on profitability, so I stayed away from ZEC some weeks ago and full on XMR ~ all 33 rigs.

Five Pandas with Eliovp OS are coming to join the farm soon and they will mine XMR too.... unless we have a PASC Linux miner.... then let's see what goes there.

On another story.... I took out about 100TH of hash (about 9 x S9s) from my BTC farm to solo mine DGB and PPC with surprising results  Grin
Activity: 501
most of my stuff for xmr
dwarfpool

rest is mixed see sig

Activity: 501

I am 100% XMR

I am using xmr.nanopool.org

If you go to,the home page I am in the top miner list with about 20000.

In hash.

I am using a mix of simplemining.net as a proxy service and claymore 9.7

Without a proxy.

I made about 15 xmr in 5 days.

Do Nanoppol seems fair about payout with XMR ?

I remember old days while ZEC mining was not paid fair by Flypool and Nanopool
but maybe it's different now, or different with XMR ?
legendary
Phillip,

How does mining xmr at nano compare to the calculators?

I have mined xmr before and i like it for the watt reduction but I would always earn far less than the calculators.  On the other hand mining eth has always put me almost dead on, I always figured it was under performing pools and that there is more variance in xmr mining.

XMR  calculator  on nanopool has a flaw .  It is based on 6 hours of mining .  So if the pool was hot  you get really high  numbers. 

So I have been at 400 for the month and I have been at 1600 for the month.

The ETH calculator on Ethpool is based on a longer time period of mining then 6 hours.

So I don't worry until I do 30 days on any alt coin.  I then tally up.  I don't using switching programs  that jump from coin to coin.

It is complicated as to why  but here goes.  If you have a "perfect switching program"  that everyone used   it just would flatten   all coins to equal profit.

So it is terrible for miners  to use them if 75% of miners had a perfect program  switching from ETH to XMR to ZEC  they would simply  equalize  that is really bad for mining.  A hot coin is more important  then people realize.  Or the hope of catching a hot coin.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Phillip,

How does mining xmr at nano compare to the calculators?

I have mined xmr before and i like it for the watt reduction but I would always earn far less than the calculators.  On the other hand mining eth has always put me almost dead on, I always figured it was under performing pools and that there is more variance in xmr mining.
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
+1 for XMR on 470/480 Cards.

Swithed to ETH and after one hour or so I fell global warming in house hahah, got 5-6+s.
legendary
Thx !

This is a long time we didn't talk about the pools we use for ETH/XMR/ZEC mining.

It could be interesting to "take stock of the situation".

We guessed previously some pools did not have fair payout.

From your recent tests and experience , what would you guys recommend now?

Also, which mining software is everyone using g for XMR? I've read that claymore is not optimized for RX 400s. Any truth?

yeah pretty much

if you have RX cards, you can compare wolf 0.4 and sgminer-gm v5.5.5 under linux is much faster and more stable - compared to clay XMR - really need RX optimisation badly the current version.

Yeah my four card rigs do 410 - 420 watts.

The panda miner is around 830 watts.  These numbers are really good.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Thx !

This is a long time we didn't talk about the pools we use for ETH/XMR/ZEC mining.

It could be interesting to "take stock of the situation".

We guessed previously some pools did not have fair payout.

From your recent tests and experience , what would you guys recommend now?

Also, which mining software is everyone using g for XMR? I've read that claymore is not optimized for RX 400s. Any truth?

yeah pretty much

if you have RX cards, you can compare wolf 0.4 and sgminer-gm v5.5.5 under linux is much faster and more stable - compared to clay XMR - really need RX optimisation badly the current version.

most of my stuff for xmr
dwarfpool

rest is mixed see sig

legendary

I am 100% XMR

I am using xmr.nanopool.org

If you go to,the home page I am in the top miner list with about 20000.

In hash.

I am using a mix of simplemining.net as a proxy service and claymore 9.7

Without a proxy.

I made about 15 xmr in 5 days.
Pages:
Jump to: