Pages:
Author

Topic: My Speculation Thread (Charts and Analysis Included ;)) - page 2. (Read 22344 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
It's nice to see ARDOR still doing ok.  I almost thought that I jinx my trades every time I share them in this thread.  Grin  Speaking of which, did you guys buy ARDOR yesterday?  Just wondering if I have actual readers in this thread.  Sometimes it feels like it's pointless sharing my thoughts here.

Anyway, good luck nevertheless.
legendary
ARDR/BTC:  Gamble Gamble?  Yes, But Put a Stop Loss.

My first trade in a while.  My fingers were really itching for this one.

Anyway, this could be a breaking out guys, so it might be a good idea to place a small bet (if you want some profit Wink).  ARDR has been going sideways for over a month and that's a good sign.  It means there are no more sellers at the current range willing to dump at these prices.

The slight price increase could be a sign that the bulls are coming back and that things could start getting rosy.

Good luck.
legendary
Looks like the whole market isn't good at the moment.  Everything that I though is a break out were all fake outs.  I'm holding everything in Bitcoin right now, except for a few long term alts that I have been holding.
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
First of all very helpful thread mate, keep it up! I'm kinda new to trading so i like this kind of threads with info. I will check here time to time learn from the analysis , thank you.  Smiley
legendary
I just noticed BAT is starting to look like a good buy just right about now.  I would start bidding now if I were at home in front of my laptop right now.  Sad

I will post a chart later as soon as I get home.  I hope there's some left at this level by then.
legendary
PTOY/BTC:  Possibly a Good Time to Buy

No idea why and no idea how, but PTOY could be starting a trend going up.  So start bidding now and enjoy the ride and get a chance to make some BTC.

Edit:  I have heard some rumors that PTOY is having some sort of partnership with Dash.  But whatever, just concentrate on the price and have an exit plan in place.  Everything else is just noise.
legendary
CFI/BTC:  It's the Stage of Accumulation, Why Not Accumulate with Them?

I noticed CFI when there was two days of significant volume with some pumpers trying to pump it as high as the can but only to be stumped probably by whales trying not making it break the slow smooth start of a trend.  I have witnessed it on Bittrex when the price suddenly moves up quickly and I saw two very large sell orders to discourage the pumpers from messing around.

I concluded that some whales must be accumulating this.  So decided to make a couple of small bids and see where it takes me.  I suggest you guys make bids a tad lower than the current price rather than a straight market order for two reasons.

1.  It doesn't upset the traders accumulating it.
2.  You get a better price on your trade.
legendary
Hey guys, some of the coins (or tokens?) in my new watch list are finally moving.  I got in on CFI and BAT and added PTOY in my watch list.  I hope I won't jinx it.  Lol.

But yeah, imo, it could be a good time to place your bids on those two mentioned.  Will post charts later...
legendary
Out With the Old and In With the New

With my shorts (ETC, ETH, XRP) doing good so far, I haven't been looking into going long since the most sensible thing to do right now is to hold Bitcoin.  BUT, I have been looking into the new tokens that are being traded at Bittrex.  The old ones are taking a beating right now.  Time for some newly listed ones to trend...

The pic above is my new watch list.  Let's see who breaks out first.

FYI, I'm not holding any of them in that pic except for BTC.
legendary
ETC/BTC:  Sorry, I Short Now

A couple of months ago, I had the idea that I would hold ETC for the super long term like what I'm doing with BTC, LTC and XMR right now.  But dunno, sometimes the act of doing a trade (be it a long or a short) is just much more fun.  So yeah, shorted ETC at that circle drawn on the chart.  Sorry ETC fans.
legendary
There's nothing you can't short to make money now, although the only coin I would not short is LTC.  Nice thread, BTW.  How are you shorting? I've never investigated doing it. Poloniex?  I don't really short stock much less cryptos because the max amount of profit you can make is 100% and it can blow up on you if the trade goes the wrong way, plus the fact in the long run everything goes up due to inflation, shorting for anything other than swing trading is risky, like buying leveraged ETFs which have built in decay... in the crypto space 'only' a 50 or 100% gain is a yawner for me.  I'm not happy unless I have a 3 to 10 bagger.

Poloniex has a list of cryptocurrencies allowed for short selling under the margin trading tab.

I chose to short ETH and XRP specifically as both are extremely overvalued due to the recent pump.  Eventually it has to dump and that's what we're seeing.  Another one I'm excited to short is Dash, but it seems to be doing it's own thing right now and surprisingly doing well.  I expected XMR should be doing that tbh, not Dash.

And if 50% and 100% gains are a 'yawner' for you then it means you don't put enough money in it or your bankroll is small.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
Shorting would be a good option if you think dollar strength will become apparent here.    I had a quick look at the ETH chart and I think it could find support short term and that reaction will be better data to judge a longer term opinion ETH direction on. 
I do think bitcoin itself seems to give alot of direction to the various alt coins even with ETH, its like a tide coming in and out.

Im not aware of fundamental changes for ETH that'd lead it down so severely
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
There's nothing you can't short to make money now, although the only coin I would not short is LTC.  Nice thread, BTW.  How are you shorting? I've never investigated doing it. Poloniex?  I don't really short stock much less cryptos because the max amount of profit you can make is 100% and it can blow up on you if the trade goes the wrong way, plus the fact in the long run everything goes up due to inflation, shorting for anything other than swing trading is risky, like buying leveraged ETFs which have built in decay... in the crypto space 'only' a 50 or 100% gain is a yawner for me.  I'm not happy unless I have a 3 to 10 bagger.
legendary
And now also shorted ETH.  Hopefully this will he a fun ride down to double digits, or single?  Grin  But we'll see.

I will posts charts of ETH together with the XRP short later.
legendary
Hey guys, sold some ETC and LTC for BTC to short a couple cryptocurrencies.  I'm still closely following them and I will post the charts later.  

edit:  Shorted XRP.  Will post chart later.
legendary
ETC/BTC:  Low Volatility and No Downside?  Get Me Some!

These are the times I love to buy and add more to hold.  A period of low volatility is the perfect time to place your bets on the bid side, if you're not doing it now maybe it's a good time to.  Don't buy up at market prices tho, just make bids close enough to the price.  It will get hit, just have patience and wait.

And Caveat Emptor.  I suck at this. 
legendary
I got a couple of PM's asking if it's the right time to buy LTC.  And my answer to that is I don't know because there's no saying how low the correction will go.  What if I said 'yes' and it falls below to .0012 BTC?  What now?  Do you continue holding, should you sell or should you add more?  The thing to do is watch and wait for periods of low volatility before getting in.

And please ask your question here in the thread and make them public.  We're all newbs here, we need to learn from each other.  Wink
legendary
I'm not much into those you mentioned, although LSK and NEM are in my watch list but I didn't get into them.  I'm heavy on ETC which I bought months ago at the lows.  Scroll up to see all my write ups about it.  Currently, I also have LTC and XMR.  

As far as cryptocurrencies I might get into, there's nothing.  Maybe MAID...?  But I'm not too sure about that.
I get why you bought into ETC i just don't see how it works in the long run. It's a fork of Ethereum that is worse than some of it's other competitors in the space.

What?  I think you need to do more research.  ETC has a decent development team put in by Charles Hoskinson.  And there are other contributors working on it.  They have recently killed the difficulty bomb and have capped distribution to 230M ETC.

Check out their development to date and their road map.  They actually are on the right track for the long term.  ETH on the other hand is gonna have lots of issues with all those multi million dapps in it.

Oh, FYI, ETH is the fork.  Wink

I also like LTC and XMR they are my highest holdings at the moment along with SiaCoin. I feel like I am almost too diversified holding a total of 14 cryptos but I like all the projects I am in and more. This space is so demanding of research and time involvement but very rewarding. I would also look into Factom, Gridcoin, and HUSH if you have time. All great projects with good teams and real use cases being applied.

Cool.  
Activity: 379
Merit: 251
I'm not much into those you mentioned, although LSK and NEM are in my watch list but I didn't get into them.  I'm heavy on ETC which I bought months ago at the lows.  Scroll up to see all my write ups about it.  Currently, I also have LTC and XMR. 

As far as cryptocurrencies I might get into, there's nothing.  Maybe MAID...?  But I'm not too sure about that.
I get why you bought into ETC i just don't see how it works in the long run. It's a fork of Ethereum that is worse than some of it's other competitors in the space. I also like LTC and XMR they are my highest holdings at the moment along with SiaCoin. I feel like I am almost too diversified holding a total of 14 cryptos but I like all the projects I am in and more. This space is so demanding of research and time involvement but very rewarding. I would also look into Factom, Gridcoin, and HUSH if you have time. All great projects with good teams and real use cases being applied.
legendary
I'm not much into those you mentioned, although LSK and NEM are in my watch list but I didn't get into them.  I'm heavy on ETC which I bought months ago at the lows.  Scroll up to see all my write ups about it.  Currently, I also have LTC and XMR. 

As far as cryptocurrencies I might get into, there's nothing.  Maybe MAID...?  But I'm not too sure about that.
Pages:
Jump to: