Pages:
Author

Topic: My Speculation Thread (Charts and Analysis Included ;)) - page 8. (Read 22344 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
ETC/BTC:  Happy Days Ahead?

I have two simple questions for the experts in this forum.  Is this a break out and a start of an uptrend?  And will this uptrend be as huge as ETH's was months ago?

Please comment below and tell us what you think.

smart money is in, now let the dumb money join them at the top (IMO further up)
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
ETC/BTC:  Happy Days Ahead?

I have two simple questions for the experts in this forum.  Is this a break out and a start of an uptrend?  And will this uptrend be as huge as ETH's was months ago?

Please comment below and tell us what you think.
legendary
It may sound contradictory to you but it's really not.  I refuse to believe that people in general can make perfect predictions in the market for a different reason, not the EMH reason which assumes everyone participating in the market is rational.

The reason why I don't believe people can't predict the market is because, who can?  But does that mean I shouldn't follow the price of something to make a trade?  Should I trade blind by just buying and then holding?  Of course not.  My belief is psychology plays a role in the market and that is reflected on the price.

Nah.  That's EMH you're talking about.  I follow my own philosophy in trading.  I have accepted the fact that I can't predict the market perfectly, because who really can right?  All I do is follow the price and make my own rules in trading which focuses more on sizing my trades, measuring volatility and knowing when to buy or sell before I even make the trade.  I make my analysis public but I don't spoon feed you all the info.  It should be a learning process for everyone.

I just told you that there is no point in analysing the chart if you don't believe in technical analysis... you're just loosing time. We are speaking about empirical studies in place since the 60s, I personally think that this weight a bit more than our personal biased opinion.

Who are you to tell me that there's no point and how I trade?  You're just like me, an amateur trader who's trying to learn and to earn.  If you can earn.  If you were really a 'pro' then you wouldn't be wasting your time in this forum.  You also have a sig campaign like me, I would like to add.

My strategy has been working out for me so far.  If you can teach me on your way of how to trade, then we can start discussing it in private or public if you want.

I am not critisizing the way you trade but just telling you that what you are saying is contradictory per se.
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
So your prediction for Eth is that the downward trend will continue for some time, but looking at the chart the price seems stable around $8 for some days now
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
It is how it is, sadly. If I make 100 predictions, at least 80 of them turns out right but I end up buying only 30 of those. I also end up buying at least 10 of the failed predictions. If you are not a whale you are not a 'pro' trader.  This market is even more manipulated than penny stock markets. Even whales lose time to time.
legendary
Nah.  That's EMH you're talking about.  I follow my own philosophy in trading.  I have accepted the fact that I can't predict the market perfectly, because who really can right?  All I do is follow the price and make my own rules in trading which focuses more on sizing my trades, measuring volatility and knowing when to buy or sell before I even make the trade.  I make my analysis public but I don't spoon feed you all the info.  It should be a learning process for everyone.

I just told you that there is no point in analysing the chart if you don't believe in technical analysis... you're just loosing time. We are speaking about empirical studies in place since the 60s, I personally think that this weight a bit more than our personal biased opinion.

Who are you to tell me that there's no point and how I trade?  You're just like me, an amateur trader who's trying to learn and to earn.  If you can earn.  If you were really a 'pro' then you wouldn't be wasting your time in this forum.  You also have a sig campaign like me, I would like to add.

My strategy has been working out for me so far.  If you can teach me on your way of how to trade, then we can start discussing it in private or public if you want.

legendary
That's up to you if you wanna get into ETH.  Imho it's still too risky to buy it.  I'd rather go long on ETC as it might starting to become more stable lately.

On STR, I have no idea.  I personally tend to stay away when an altcoin becomes too volatile.  Also keep in mind that I don't believe in making predictions in the market.  All we can do is follow the price.

If there is absolutly no predictive power in technical analysis, we are in weither:

- weak efficiency hypothesis, all information endogeneous to the price is already priced in, no point in watching the chart.
- strong efficiency hypothesis, all information available is already perfectly priced in, market follows a random walk, no point in looking at chart pattern's again.

Thus, if all you can do is follow the price, close the chart.
legendary
That's up to you if you wanna get into ETH.  Imho it's still too risky to buy it.  I'd rather go long on ETC as it might be starting to become more stable lately.

On STR, I have no idea.  I personally tend to stay away when an altcoin becomes too volatile.  Also keep in mind that I don't believe in making predictions in the market.  All we can do is follow the price.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
True Flip ICO: 28 of June 2017
ETH/BTC:  The Classic Bull Trap

Now I might make a fool out myself here by posting this, as this could be a last ditch attempt for the whales behind Ethereum to manipulate the price up.  It may even be an exit scam as we have all seen that the platform is in dire straits.

But anyway, look at the chart without any 'filters' and 'shades' of technical indicators that tend to make one situation look subjectively like another.  That looks a lot like a classic Bull Trap or what some would say a Dead Cat Bounce.  Don't fall for it.  If anything, it's an opportunity to get some shorts here and there.  But be careful, like I mentioned this could also be a last ditch attempt for the whales to moon this.

this is exactly why we are here, fomo short had to stop. eth may have capitulated, only the future will tell us.

I totally agree with you that only the future can definitely tell us where this all is going.  But we have seen this happen again and again before.  And it usually ends how it usually ends.  It goes back to how it was trending as before because it was simply a bull trap in the first place.

Please note that I said 'usually' as reversals also tend to happen a certain amount.

This is kind of tempting me to add ETH to my portfolio. But Right now, it seems best to wait and see if ETH will corrects more in the coming days. What do you have to say about Stellar? It looks like Stellar is all set for a mega bull run and it has already started. Could you post your thoughts on it?
legendary
ETH/BTC:  The Classic Bull Trap

Now I might make a fool out myself here by posting this, as this could be a last ditch attempt for the whales behind Ethereum to manipulate the price up.  It may even be an exit scam as we have all seen that the platform is in dire straits.

But anyway, look at the chart without any 'filters' and 'shades' of technical indicators that tend to make one situation look subjectively like another.  That looks a lot like a classic Bull Trap or what some would say a Dead Cat Bounce.  Don't fall for it.  If anything, it's an opportunity to get some shorts here and there.  But be careful, like I mentioned this could also be a last ditch attempt for the whales to moon this.

this is exactly why we are here, fomo short had to stop. eth may have capitulated, only the future will tell us.

I totally agree with you that only the future can definitely tell us where this all is going.  But we have seen this happen again and again before.  And it usually ends how it usually ends.  It goes back to how it was trending as before because it was simply a bull trap in the first place.

Please note that I said 'usually' as reversals also tend to happen a certain amount.
ETH/BTC:  The Classic Bull Trap

Now I might make a fool out myself here by posting this, as this could be a last ditch attempt for the whales behind Ethereum to manipulate the price up.  It may even be an exit scam as we have all seen that the platform is in dire straits.

But anyway, look at the chart without any 'filters' and 'shades' of technical indicators that tend to make one situation look subjectively like another.  That looks a lot like a classic Bull Trap or what some would say a Dead Cat Bounce.  Don't fall for it.  If anything, it's an opportunity to get some shorts here and there.  But be careful, like I mentioned this could also be a last ditch attempt for the whales to moon this. 

legendary
ETH/BTC:  The Classic Bull Trap

Now I might make a fool out myself here by posting this, as this could be a last ditch attempt for the whales behind Ethereum to manipulate the price up.  It may even be an exit scam as we have all seen that the platform is in dire straits.

But anyway, look at the chart without any 'filters' and 'shades' of technical indicators that tend to make one situation look subjectively like another.  That looks a lot like a classic Bull Trap or what some would say a Dead Cat Bounce.  Don't fall for it.  If anything, it's an opportunity to get some shorts here and there.  But be careful, like I mentioned this could also be a last ditch attempt for the whales to moon this. 

legendary
STEEM/BTC:  Is That it???

What looked like it might make 10x returns is looking like another fake out once again.  When it 'broke out' yesterday I was excited to make a post about it but I decided not to because I was afraid I would jinx it.  But still nothing happened, anyway so might as well start talking about it now.

SO, is that it?  Is the party over?  Did the pumpers who set this up gotten out already?  All signs point to yes.  Notice the huge fall from the peak.  Note that it all happened yesterday.  So that's really quite weak, and chances are those traders who played it to the top were basically giving their money to and from each other.  And check out the volume...  Yup that looks like it's pretty much it. 

But then I could be wrong.  No really.  Could this be an opportunity to buy now?  Risk it to know it.  Smiley
legendary
Tokeweed, I noticed that Waves has moved back to 40Ksat this morning what is your toake on this. looking at your earlier post concerning the dump

It's most probably a bull trap.  I haven't taken a look at the latest chart yet, but I will as soon as I get back home and post it here.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Tokeweed, I noticed that Waves has moved back to 40Ksat this morning what is your toake on this. looking at your earlier post concerning the dump
legendary
REP/BTC:  It's up!  No it's down.  It's up!  Nope.

Another good short could be REP/BTC (REP/XBT at Kraken where you can actually short it).  After two bull traps, where the majority who are trading this bought into, there seems to be a small number of those who has finally conceded and started to accept that REP is indeed going down.  I mean think about it, they have nothing to show for after all these years and after all the hype.  But who knows what's really is going on in Augur's development, my concern is the price of REP and how to make profit from its movements.  And it looks like its maybe gonna go down some more.  What do you think?

legendary
Steem:  Poised to Breakout?

After months and months of falling it has to end somewhere, right?  Well wait no further (possibly), because it looks like Steem has finally hit rock bottom and there's no other way to go but up.  Yes I said it!  Grin  So at least the people who converted their investment to Steem Power (lol) have something to look forward to and be happy (hopeful) about.  But then again this is the market, there's no saying where this will really go.  We'll have to wait and see.
Pages:
Jump to: