Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 63. (Read 586242 times)

Activity: 707
Merit: 500
February 15, 2015, 02:31:34 PM
You can also go to accounts tab, select the account, and hit "export" in the action bar menu.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 15, 2015, 05:04:34 AM
how can i export a single private key to import it in another wallet, i only get encrypted wallets when i make a backup i want a decrypted.
i am desperated beacause i cant find it. Huh Huh Huh

Thanks for your help

EDIT: i found the java tool to decrypt the private keys.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
February 13, 2015, 01:12:02 PM
Mycelium is back! http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2vro8y/mycelium_and_google_play_recap_of_what_happened/

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015, we received a note from Google in regards to our app, stating:

This is a notification that your application, Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet, with package ID com.mycelium.wallet, has been removed from the Google Play Store.
REASON FOR SUSPENSION: Violation of the paid and free provision of the Content Policy and section 3.5 of the Developer Distribution Agreement. Please refer to the Third Party Payments help center article for more information.

That particular section states:

3.5 You may also choose to distribute Products for free. If the Product is free, you will not be charged a Transaction Fee. You may not start charging a user for a Product that was initially free unless the charge correlates with an alternative version of the Product. The Payment Processor must process all fees a Developer receives for any version of a Product distributed via the Store.

Since that text is a bit vague, we were not sure exactly what it applied to in our wallet, and were guessing it was one of three things:
* LocalTrader fees
* Addition of the option to choose your bitcoin transaction fee that Google may have thought we charge
* Donation button

We requested for a more detailed explanation, and were told we would hear back within 72 hours.

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 we received a follow-up that stated the following:

We appreciate the opportunity to review your appeal.
Donations may only be collected within an app under specific conditions. The donation must be facilitated via a web browser, and any collection made through a secure payment system. Donations are only permitted for validated non-profit charitable organizations (for example, a validated 501(c)(3) charitable organization or the local equivalent). After a regular review, your app has been administratively suspended pending verification that you are an eligible and currently certified charitable organization.
In order for us to process your appeal, please attach a copy of your organization’s IRS determination letter or other acceptable proof in your reply to this notification. The provided information must indicate your status as a charitable organization.

Please be advised we will not be able to reinstate your application without the above documentation.

So, the issue turned out to be the donation button, which is the easiest thing to fix (we just remove the button), however, Google's stipulations of making us prove that we are a charity, "or else", made us think this would be very difficult to get out of. We replied with an explanation stating that

We were not aware of the fact that giving users an opportunity to donate to the developers is violating the agreement.
1) Bitcoin software is very sensitive to malware. If a software would imitate our brand and upload a backdoored version, users would unwillingly send money to it. This risk is partly mitigated by many links pointing to the existing package name https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet - if we would create a new app, users would not know that this is not a malicious version. If the application stays blocked, we might see someone taking advantage of the situation and uploading a fake version under a new ID, to trick users into thinking a it was provided by us.
2) Leaving users on old versions is a potential security risk for their bitcoins. We do need to provide security updates, like in the case of the SecureRandom bug. The Android Developers described the problem at. We are constantly in touch with the security community and were able to provide patched versions minutes after the disclosure of the 0-day exploit. If there would be a similar incident and we had users stuck on the old version, users on Android would be at risk.

This morning, Google replied letting us know that they have accepted our appeal and have reinstated our app. We have removed the donation buttons from all our versions (beta and final), and just as a precaution set the LocalTrader fees to 0% as well. Our wallet app should be back up on Google Play by now, and we are glad to have this episode behind us. If you are a developer too, please keep this donation thing in mind as well.

And finally, thank you very much for all the support we have received from our users!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
February 10, 2015, 07:46:54 PM
Did they open up the API source yet? I will use it once they do... why not open it up if its a free service?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
February 06, 2015, 05:11:05 PM
Which form does Mycelium beta export?
It is for somebody who knows which form of the public key Mycelium beta exports to answer this question.
devs, or anyone who has exported the key from beta.

Base58, xpub can only be Base58.
Activity: 869
Merit: 585
February 06, 2015, 04:55:17 PM
Which form does Mycelium beta export?
It is for somebody who knows which form of the public key Mycelium beta exports to answer this question.
devs, or anyone who has exported the key from beta.
legendary
February 06, 2015, 01:16:29 PM

In what form does Mycelium export the public key, is it the base58 version starting with the letters "xpub", or is it the hex version?

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki#serialization-format

This 78 byte structure can be encoded like other Bitcoin data in Base58, by first adding 32 checksum bits (derived from the double SHA-256 checksum), and then converting to the Base58 representation. This results in a Base58-encoded string of up to 112 characters. Because of the choice of the version bytes, the Base58 representation will start with "xprv" or "xpub" on mainnet, "tprv" or "tpub" on testnet.
I know.  It can take both forms. Which form does Mycelium beta export?
I'm not going to use the beta version because I have too many coins in my wallet to risk experimenting with it.

I am using software that tracks HD transactions and uses the public key to do so.  I entered my xpub key and the aforementioned software returned a value of zero as the wallet contents.

I used http://bip32jp.github.io/english/  to get the public key.  I'm pretty sure the key is correct, because I checked the addresses generated actually appear on the list in my wallet.  If the addresses are correct, then the xpub key must be correct.

The software I mentioned is at coyno.com.  I am trying to use it to help with my taxes.

Yesterday morning my accountant and I had a conference call with the coyno developers to discuss the challenges of keeping records and generating tax reports across wallets and exchanges.

Anyway, I logged in at coyno, went to the mycelium tab and entered my xpub key in base58 form this morning and got that wrong result.  I emailed coyno and asked which public key format their site requires, but haven't heard back yet.  Presumably the format mycelium beta puts out is the one they're looking for.  That's why I'm asking here.

That is not why it says zero, it probably because you need to set the path to BIP 44. Sounds more like a bug with coyno.com than anything you are doing.
February 06, 2015, 11:42:30 AM

In what form does Mycelium export the public key, is it the base58 version starting with the letters "xpub", or is it the hex version?

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki#serialization-format

This 78 byte structure can be encoded like other Bitcoin data in Base58, by first adding 32 checksum bits (derived from the double SHA-256 checksum), and then converting to the Base58 representation. This results in a Base58-encoded string of up to 112 characters. Because of the choice of the version bytes, the Base58 representation will start with "xprv" or "xpub" on mainnet, "tprv" or "tpub" on testnet.
I know.  It can take both forms. Which form does Mycelium beta export?
I'm not going to use the beta version because I have too many coins in my wallet to risk experimenting with it.

I am using software that tracks HD transactions and uses the public key to do so.  I entered my xpub key and the aforementioned software returned a value of zero as the wallet contents.

I used http://bip32jp.github.io/english/  to get the public key.  I'm pretty sure the key is correct, because I checked the addresses generated actually appear on the list in my wallet.  If the addresses are correct, then the xpub key must be correct.

The software I mentioned is at coyno.com.  I am trying to use it to help with my taxes.

Yesterday morning my accountant and I had a conference call with the coyno developers to discuss the challenges of keeping records and generating tax reports across wallets and exchanges.

Anyway, I logged in at coyno, went to the mycelium tab and entered my xpub key in base58 form this morning and got that wrong result.  I emailed coyno and asked which public key format their site requires, but haven't heard back yet.  Presumably the format mycelium beta puts out is the one they're looking for.  That's why I'm asking here.

legendary
February 06, 2015, 02:38:41 AM
trasla: It is irritating to keep seeing "Receiving 0.0013 BTC" on the Balance tab. I just want the 0.0013 transaction to be disappear. I still want other incoming transaction to be shown. Since it is not possible to full disable it.. I hope to see this feature in the next update.

If you disable showing all unconfirmed transactions, you won't see any transactions until 10 minutes later. Disabling individual transactions would add way too much complexity to the UI. So you'll just have to wait until it's confirmed, or completely rejected by the network. Sorry.

How long would it take for the network to reject the transaction?

Could be a week or more. Though it could also get included in a block within that time too.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
February 06, 2015, 01:50:37 AM
trasla: It is irritating to keep seeing "Receiving 0.0013 BTC" on the Balance tab. I just want the 0.0013 transaction to be disappear. I still want other incoming transaction to be shown. Since it is not possible to full disable it.. I hope to see this feature in the next update.

If you disable showing all unconfirmed transactions, you won't see any transactions until 10 minutes later. Disabling individual transactions would add way too much complexity to the UI. So you'll just have to wait until it's confirmed, or completely rejected by the network. Sorry.

How long would it take for the network to reject the transaction?
legendary
February 06, 2015, 12:24:54 AM

February 05, 2015, 11:07:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 05, 2015, 01:31:13 PM
Issue: Exchange rates don't load currently. At the same time my ads don't show on LocalTrader. If I try and edit an ad. it shows an error occurred.
Also, as a heads up to other traders, there's a John1977 going round asking for PP transactions.  Roll Eyes

I get rates, see ads, and was able to edit my ads, but we will check the servers nonetheless...

Yes, it was only temporary. I use Bitcoinaverage on my ads, if that helps.
February 05, 2015, 09:44:10 AM
Issue: Exchange rates don't load currently. At the same time my ads don't show on LocalTrader. If I try and edit an ad. it shows an error occurred.
Also, as a heads up to other traders, there's a John1977 going round asking for PP transactions.  Roll Eyes

I get rates, see ads, and was able to edit my ads, but we will check the servers nonetheless...
legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 04, 2015, 09:28:19 PM

legendary
February 04, 2015, 05:17:02 PM

legendary
Activity: 1484
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
February 02, 2015, 04:42:46 AM
February 02, 2015, 04:30:24 AM
jacktheking: it's not possible to disable the display of unconfirmed transactions. Why exactly do you want to?

Orangina: well, it's under development, bleeding edge technology takes its time. Rassah was showcasing them on the Bitcoin Miami conference and can probably give you some more info.
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
February 02, 2015, 02:38:29 AM
How's the develeopement on your Hardware wallet guys ? I mean that Bitcoin card ? I would really like to know because each time I visit the website it says It's under developement :x but it looks so awesome , want to get it
Pages:
Jump to: