Pages:
Author

Topic: MyEtherWallet Password - page 2. (Read 3076 times)

Activity: 594
Merit: 250
December 13, 2018, 01:53:28 PM
I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

If you forgot your password, that's fine as long as you keep your private key.  Because among those two between password and private key is much more important than to it. if you remember the time you created an address on your MEW there is a password creation then you need to download the key file and next was private key which is you need to save and keep it, right?
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
December 13, 2018, 01:12:12 PM
If you lost your password,  there is no way you can retrieve it.  You are the only one responsible for the key.  It is better you write the private key somewhere in a notebook before you lose it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
December 13, 2018, 01:06:42 PM
If you are using myetherwallet, your need to use password will be nil! You really do not need password to unlock your wallet with mew since your coin is not saved on any server, mew only give you access to interact with  ethereum blockchain, your password is onpy needed to rap your private key of which you can decide not yo use password!
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
December 13, 2018, 01:00:35 PM
There is no forgot password in this Myetherwallet.
It is better to save those information on notepad (multiple).
Private key is one of the primary thing to access the wallet, you should save that too.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
December 13, 2018, 12:58:26 PM
From December 3, hackers began to massively scan the Ethereum network in search of vulnerable mining equipment and electronic wallets. in connection with this user cryptocurrency can be more careful.
copper member
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
December 13, 2018, 01:14:21 AM
I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
If the only thing you miss is the password you can still access your MEW if you have private key and keystore. But as a owner you should be responsible of your account so as advise, kindly save your important information.
copper member
Activity: 112
► Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketin
December 12, 2018, 11:07:23 PM
MyEtherwallet has no feature of password recovery. Before you create your account, they have given you time to store your private keys and etc. for you not to forget your account. They also reminded you that you also save your password so that you cannot forget. I am sorry to say that you cannot recover your password.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”
December 12, 2018, 04:37:54 AM
One of the features of cryptocurrency wallets is that you cannot recover your password if it is lost. So this should be a good lesson for you. Write down your password and keep it in a safe place so that this situation does not happen again in the future.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
December 11, 2018, 12:04:36 PM
No, myetherwallet doesn’t store your password for Json file or private key. Users are responsible to keep these data in a safe place. I hope your losses are small.
Activity: 320
Merit: 17
free space pm if interessed
December 11, 2018, 11:58:06 AM
If it is just the password that you lost but you still have the private key or the json file saved somewhere you have not lost anything you can restore your access to the wallet using metamask for example
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
December 11, 2018, 11:51:12 AM
There is no password needed for myether wallet only private key or UTC file to access.
There's other method to access the wallet too and some of them may really requires password but using privkey or json will not require anything, imagine if MEW saves all the password it'll be dangerous because that means the system is centralized and vuln against hacking.
Activity: 1099
Merit: 116
December 11, 2018, 11:31:51 AM
There is no need to reset password and Myetherwallet don't need password to unlock. You can unlock your wallet by your private key by clicking "Send Ether and Tokens" button on the upper of the Myetherwallet.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
November 29, 2018, 04:04:31 AM
And do you have the private key? Everytime when you creates new address you receive private key and json file which is encrypted by password.
copper member
Activity: 88
CryptoMarketAds
November 29, 2018, 04:02:55 AM
I am pretty sure that when you open the MyEtherwallet website, you can clearly see their disclaimer window, before you can access your dashboard. Regarding your concern, MyEtherwallet has no way to retrieve your password. Because you only know the password, and it is not recorded on their database.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
November 28, 2018, 04:21:21 PM
too bad my friend i think you lost it forever unless you have saved the print out version somewhere in your PC i hope your portfolio is not something to regret for otherwise you should look for the print out and try to secure your  private keys and passwords using different extension on chrome.
Activity: 5
November 28, 2018, 04:15:20 PM
There is no password needed for myether wallet only private key or UTC file to access.
Activity: 303
Merit: 105
November 28, 2018, 04:13:45 PM
There is no need to reset password and Myetherwallet don't need password to unlock. You can unlock your wallet by your private key by clicking "Send Ether and Tokens" button on the upper of the Myetherwallet.

I think he meant it. Most likely the person has lost his private key. Because he put money into his wallet through him. I think this topic would not have arisen if he had a private key.

On the wallet you will not open it. Your coins will be kept on it forever.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
November 28, 2018, 04:10:50 PM
The person who created the topic is because of the fact that he lost the private key and forgot the password. So anything he does will be a waste of time.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
November 28, 2018, 03:59:41 PM
It is better to create a new wallet MyEtherWallet and in the future it is always necessary to save passwords. I always save passwords on 2 flash drives. Be careful next time. Good luck.
Yes, it better to create another new account but I will advice the use of Metamask and others secure services but the act of saving password on a flash drives is also vulnerable either because anything can happen to the flash and I will advice you to keep save one of the flash in safety deposit box while you code some part of the password so you'll be the only one to understand what the codes mean or else you may still loose your coins.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
November 28, 2018, 09:25:39 AM
Do you mean you forgot your private key? There is no way to retreive your private key. You are the only one responsible for your private key.

Copied from the MeW website:

MyEtherWallet.com does not hold your keys for you. We cannot access accounts, recover keys, reset passwords, nor reverse transactions. Protect your keys & always check that you are on correct URL.  You are responsible for your security.

You should've placed it somewhere SAFE and DON'T lose it, and you can't even blame MEW for this since they have never even lacked on REMINDING us to always save our private keys somewhere safe, they even offer you more secured methods on opening your wallet and not even only on accessing private keys, and that is why you should never FORGET your private key since MEW will not save you for losing it, better luck next time dude.
Pages:
Jump to: