Pages:
Author

Topic: MyEtherWallet Password - page 4. (Read 3076 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 11
^_^10 years BCT^_^
November 07, 2018, 06:22:37 PM
There's no way you can restore it. Try to remember it and pick it up.
I don't think you have many combinations in your head.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
November 07, 2018, 05:55:28 PM
The way MEW  operate is quite different from other wallets, with regards to the fact that you can access your account with your private key and unfortunately once you loose your private key, you won't be able to access your account again. Look through your computer carefully, if it is saved on it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
November 07, 2018, 04:16:19 PM
One of the disadvantages of cryptocurrencies is the inability to recover the password if it is lost. Unfortunately, you are faced with this on their own experience. To avoid this situation in the future, write down your password and keep it in a safe place.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
November 07, 2018, 03:54:14 PM
To avoid this case I advise to save your password and secret key on two or even more flash drivers
Activity: 672
Merit: 11
November 07, 2018, 03:47:48 PM
It's futile. You will not be able to recover your password, your only chance is to find the secret key and start using it exclusively.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
November 07, 2018, 02:49:29 PM
Really don't get it, but if its your wallet key then i don't think there is any way to recover it. I suggest you create a new one and be careful this  time round since you can't be throwing away your monies just like that. Ensure you get a back up plan for everything you do as a crypto enthusiast.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
November 07, 2018, 02:37:48 PM
There are several ways to enter in the myetherwallet. Maybe, you still have the Keystore-file on your computer that you should have required to download during the wallet registration. And with its help, you can get in the wallet.
Activity: 196
November 06, 2018, 07:40:19 PM
you probably now need to hope for a miracle because none of my zgakomyh who lost the private key from your wallet could no longer restore access to it. hold on and believe
Activity: 165
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
November 06, 2018, 07:38:26 PM
I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

You dont need to your mew password. They only want that password from you to create their priv key i think. Your private key is the most important thing for you. Also while opening new ethereum wallet you have to download json file. and you can use your wallet with that file or with your private key. I hope it make sense.
Activity: 182
November 06, 2018, 07:34:00 PM
Yes, unfortunately this means that you have lost access to your wallet forever. be careful next time
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
November 06, 2018, 07:31:17 PM
I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

There is nothing like forget password on MyEtherWallet because the the whole process is decentralized, MyEther wallet uses the ERC20 smart contract decentralized facilities for its operations, what you needed to protect here is your private key which is an important of their security, if you loose your private key, there would no way to recover it. Thanks
It's nonsense to think myetherwallet is a smart contract.
MEW is a completely client-side wallet. Nothing is stored on MyEtherWallet servers! This means you hold your data, private key, keystore files.
If you lost password from keystore file, only bruteforce attack can help.
Activity: 383
Merit: 100
November 06, 2018, 05:30:46 PM
I'm sorry but I think you don't have chances to reset your password. Maybe you write in support my view that it's all. Be careful next time.
Activity: 602
November 06, 2018, 03:19:17 PM
Passwords that many people use today are still amenable to social engineering, because so many people still use something standard in them that has been studied many times by hackers and is used by hackers today
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
November 06, 2018, 03:13:21 PM
Therefore, the storage of secret keys must be treated very carefully. Here mistakes are not forgiven. If you have lost your secret key (it is impossible to forget it, because it includes too many numbers and letters and no one can remember it), this means you will lose access to your MyEtherWallet wallet forever.
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
November 06, 2018, 03:05:11 PM
I don't think it can be returned so it might be an experience if you forget your password, you can backup your private key. it is risky if you have to forget your password myetherwallet.

Currently I do not understand why people still use MEW when there are many applications on the smartphone can support users to create ETH wallet in just a few minutes. It is also very easy to manage and control it compared to MEW
Activity: 791
Merit: 139
November 06, 2018, 10:42:04 AM
password has no recovery in myetherwallet!
I do forget about the password of some of my wallet.
But the more important thing is you have the privatekey safe on you!
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
November 06, 2018, 10:38:56 AM

You do not need a password to use your myetherwallet etherum account
all you need is your private keys, did you keep them ?

If yes, log on  to imtoken app and use your account

if no, forget about the account, its gone forever

I agree, since the creation of mew, I have never needed a password, I use only the private key
Activity: 602
November 06, 2018, 10:32:30 AM
you forgot your private key? I'm sorry but there's no way to recover your private key so you have lost your funds..... it's better to store your private key in a safe place and make copies ot that.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
November 06, 2018, 10:28:02 AM
I think you have to be more diligent in reading the warnings on the MyEtherWallet portal, because it has been explained that you have to secure your private key, or you can also secure the json file + password for first layer security.

if you lose the private key, then use json file to log in
if you do not have a private key and json file, your wallet is forfeited and cannot be recovered. next time, if you make a new wallet, please be careful. Check all the important things that you can use to access your wallet and store in a safe place
Activity: 733
November 06, 2018, 10:26:22 AM
I don't think it can be returned so it might be an experience if you forget your password, you can backup your private key. it is risky if you have to forget your password myetherwallet.
Pages:
Jump to: