Pages:
Author

Topic: Name the Year You Became Aware of Crypto Currency - page 2. (Read 3012 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
i heard about it in 2010 but i was an asshole and dont go into, was in 2012 when i bought my first btc, i wish to have a time machine and travel to 2010 to buy 100 btcs  Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
i was aware at 2011 but at that time i only took a glance, because i didnt believe bitcoin can survive

in middle of 2013 my friend introduce me again, and this time he explained to me thoroughly, then after that i become active at bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1134
I can give the exact moment when I become part of the website which was the cause of the date of me with bitcoin. Yes it was really a date. But not known as such in the first moment. then day after day, knowing better each other will become an inseparable couple. The moment of my registration on the above mentioned website was 13 Mar 2013 01:21:38 PM (Rome time). After a few (cannot remember the right time) I was met with bitcoin within this site. Very difficult to be understand at the beginning. But was obligated to make this knowledge. I wanted to become founder member on that site and they accepted only bitcoin as a currency of payment. Anyhow withing 1 or 2 days I learned almost "all" about it. So when to buy and when to store it. Then at the end even to send it. About 5% of what i know today (or better 5% of today my orientation in its world).
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Somewhere around the year of 2012 i think.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/
The price was at the peak around $1000 st the end of 2013, I got to know it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I'm became aware of Crypto Currency is at 2013/ 2014, i forgot.

I remember that bitcoin price rose to $1000. Because of that, I'll became more interested in Cryptocurrency
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
Sometime in 2012 I read my first article about Bitcoin in a tech article. But I wasn't paying enough attention to it at that time.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
 at the year 2013 i had comes to know about it.
but I did not know anything about
bitcoin .
I though that it is to difficult to handle .
Also I didn't have some kick about the money that you
can earn with it.
But when I saw Bitcointalk and the
signature campaign I see why people use bitcoin. For
just posting something you can earn money. Not other
forum that you can't earn anything.
now i am at the way to earn bit coin
Activity: 1204
Merit: 505
I got introduced into this wonderful life time opportunity only in late 2015 by my close friend. I still learn many new things on this environment.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I heard about crypto currency in around the period of 2009-2010.
Activity: 741
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Somewhere in 2010, but I only became active around 2013
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
I think I became aware of cryptocurrencies back in 2013, just after the price had spiked to over $1,000. I promptly came to this board and started posting, and entered a signature campaign the summer of that year.

Geez, seems like it wasn't all that long ago I started using signature campaigns...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
to me that's 2013 when it was about $90 per btc  Undecided but I didn't have that extra money and knowledge of investment that time
Activity: 2002
Merit: 721
I don't know when I became aware of crypto-currency. Somewhere between 2009 and 2015, that's for sure.
I got involved in bitcoin last year, that's one thing, but as to when was the first time I read about bitcoin in the newspaper, I'm pretty sure it was during or before the first bubble at the end of year 2013 but it's likely that it was even earlier. I think the important thing here is that I didn't deem it worth of interest until late 2015 when a friend really explained it to me (it was right before the last bubble and I bought my first mBTC during said bubble but not directly linked to it). Before that I lacked the right information and was just overlooking bitcoin as a financial bubble that I should have gotten involved into in its early days and that anyway "it was too late now". How wrong of me  Wink.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
My god you must be rich, i heard about it early but was late to really read up about it and think what it could mean.  Still its great to be in before the late majourity who never have a chance of ROI.

There's a big difference between becoming aware of it and actually doing something about. I had a four year or so gap myself. And there's a strong chance that even if you did have coins back then you would've sold them as soon as they hit a dollar or become the victim of a scam, hack or hardware failure. 
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Late 2013 IIRC
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
I heard about it around 2012 but had no idea what it was really, so it kind of just faded into memory. November 2014 I stumbled upon it randomly as hell, god knows how but I am sure glad I did. I bought my first Bitcoin in December 2014, and was lucky enough to grab a few more by April 2015. Now I find myself shelling out 50 bucks here and there for tenths of a Bitcoin even at this price Tongue
Activity: 343
Merit: 250
Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz
I heard about it, but didn't actually put any thought to it at around 2012,  but actually made a move to understand and use bitcoin in early 2015.
legendary
Activity: 854
I first heard about bitcoin in year 2013 but unfortunately and sadly I didn't take it seriously.After 2 years that is in year 2015 I came here by sheer chance and realised the mistake of not adopting Bitcoin when I first heard about it Sad
Pages:
Jump to: