Pages:
Author

Topic: Name the Year You Became Aware of Crypto Currency - page 3. (Read 3012 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I become aware of btc/crypto currency in 2011 but stupidly forgot all about it for two years when I should have brought a few hundred dollars worth of btc and then forgot about it for a couple of years.
I actually brought btc and spent more time realizing I had been missing out in 2013. Exact date and time..
August 13, 2013, 07:33:56 PM
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
2015. 5 months ago, I dont have a year yet. But it doesnt matter when its more important how long we gonna stay here. And how someone said, bitcoin is still young, doesnt have 10 yet.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

My god you must be rich, i heard about it early but was late to really read up about it and think what it could mean.  Still its great to be in before the late majourity who never have a chance of ROI.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
2014. I'm pretty new here, but I have learned a lot about cryptocurrency Cheesy
Activity: 756
became aware in 2011 - sadly I ignored it for 3 years  Huh
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
I became aware of it during whatever year it was when this forum last used to give out the scammer tags.  Do you remember that?  I can't remember if it was 2012 or even 2013.  I watched the price movements for a long time before I owned my first coins and even longer before I joined this forum.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
It was when Liberty Reserve came to an end and then someone told me about Bitcoins and faucet websites in the year 2013. I joined the forum during the same month but I couldnt find any use of bitcoins as I had no exchanger who was interested in buying bitcoins for fiat cash. Then in 2014, I came back and from then I am learning about bitcoins and am interested in mining as well.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006
I first heard about bitcoin in March or April 2011 on the podcast of Security Now with Steve Gibson as the host. He had a very good understanding of the technical side of it and it really intrigued me.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
December 2013
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
2013 or 2014
I forget when exactly I know cryptocurrency, which obviously I know bitcoin at the end of 2013 or early 2014, I forget; D
but a few years earlier I also have heard or seen some articles that membehas crypto, but at that time did not think this would be beneficial.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
I remember at the end 2009 when i had some small online business, one friend of mine told me to accept bitcoins for some items that i was selling... nah, we decided that we want fiat instead of bitcoins...obviously this was a bad decision...

Now back to 2014 the same friend and me, start to getting involved with bitcoin.

That is a painful business opportunity you missed there.

Although, you probably wouldn't have kept the bitcoins anyway, you may have jumped on the wagon earlier than you did now.

I decide to don't flagellate myself anymore by thinking on it again and again, but yes, you are in truth.

Btw i'm pretty sure that we have yet a great opportunity, bitcoin just born....

Well, I think bitcoins has unlimited opportunities for everyone and scope beyond the expectations, I often wonder why government don't allow digital currency and crypto currency as legal.

Btw I came to know of bitcoins around 3 years back Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

but unfortunately i did not manage to mine some BTC with my iMac.

the i forgot about it until the +1000 peak.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I see a lot of people that they know bitcoin in 2009 where was I???
Well that time bitcoin was so worthless, but at the end in came good that the price now is kinda high.
Also is stable for me this is actually a good price if you tell me.
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
I remember at the end 2009 when i had some small online business, one friend of mine told me to accept bitcoins for some items that i was selling... nah, we decided that we want fiat instead of bitcoins...obviously this was a bad decision...

Now back to 2014 the same friend and me, start to getting involved with bitcoin.

Although, you probably wouldn't have kept the bitcoins anyway, you may have jumped on the wagon earlier than you did now.

I decide to don't flagellate myself anymore by thinking on it again and again, but yes, you are in truth.

Btw i'm pretty sure that we have yet a great opportunity, bitcoin just born....
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
I got aware of it in year 2014 and I learned that it was too late then to mine or buy it cheap. It pains me because I was online almost everyday from way earlier than that but was busy with other nonsense useless things.

Just read a thread somewhere on the forum and a guy mined 450 coins in year 2010 probably using his computer. Bitcoin changed life of early adopters completely.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
by the end of 2013!
Activity: 244
Merit: 250
Summer of 2013.
Activity: 616
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
I first heard of Bitcoin in late 2012, but then forgot about till 2013 great bubble. Somewhere around spring 2014 i got seriously addicted and till today, Bitcoin is my main "hobby".
Pages:
Jump to: