Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ NBA expert picks: New Season ★ - page 25. (Read 28754 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The Golden Rule Rules
November 03, 2014, 11:31:56 PM
Lol, I actually took Memphis -4 but broadcasted pelicans +4 last night and forgot to change it today.  Forgot I broadcasted some picks last night.  Apologies for that, won't happen again.

Pending3 Nov 7:05pmBasketball - NBANew Orleans Pelicans v Memphis GrizzliesGame: Memphis Grizzlies -4 1.924 (-108)
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
November 03, 2014, 10:28:48 PM
Everybody thought Cleveland will win their first game of the season Cheesy Cheesy. LOL

Yeah NYC 12.5 was a steal, as well as ML.  Considering NYC is one of the best teams in the east this year.  They're chemistry is getting better and they are strong at every position except the PG.  But they make up for that at WF and PF... and they have some very tough wing players in Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr, Melo, obv.  One of their most valuable assets is having goto players in Melo and JR Smith, as well as shumpert and Tim Jr, who can create on their own.

Furthermore, they have Phil Jackson now. It isn't so much his triangle offense that is an asset, but the fact that he is very respected and that is part of what puts a team together. The pieces of the 90's Bulls fit together so well because it had very respected people a part of that team: MJ, Phil, Tex, Pip, and support role players.

CLE on the other hand has no chemistry at all.  I've yet to see a well run play put together in the half court by them, besides feeding the post or a nice kick out for a 3.  Everything has been clear outs.  Sure they have the best clear out players in the league in Kyrie, Lebron, and Waiters is up there.  But what it takes for them to be a well run team is for everyone to fill a role.  And that is tough for a team with as much one on one power as they do.

It is also very possible that the Cavs can steam roll the entire NBA without too much chemistry... just by sheer fire power and talent.  But then again, that doesn't seem to work too well in the playoffs, when everyone is playing all out.  It's kind of like a serious team playing against an all star team.  The all star team usually don't look like an all star team, because serious team is on lock down mode and the basket will seem a lot smaller vs those kinds of teams.

And one of the faults of San Antonio this year is they have no go to players that can get a critical basket with time winding down.  Ginobili is getting old, and Parker is undersized and unreliable to be a go to player.  I don't see Kawhi being that person either.  I definitely don't see San Antonio making it out the west again.  Tim Duncan in the post will not work as a go to play. Post players are tough go-to players because refs tend to lose their whistles in clutch situations.  It's something that has happened since the beginning of time and it will continue to happen.  Why?  Because in the post there is a lot of contact throughout the game and the refs don't know where to even start.  Only way for refs to start using the whistle for fouls/contact in the lane is if they start setting that precedent early in the game (ie not let it get out of hand).  But in crucial / playoff games, refs tend to let them play a bit, and the fans want them to play.  Refs are influenced by the fans and the atmosphere for sure.  It's human nature.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
November 03, 2014, 09:21:31 PM
Everybody thought Cleveland will win their first game of the season Cheesy Cheesy. LOL
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
November 03, 2014, 09:01:29 PM
Nice Picks for the Rockets and the Mavericks. The last pick (Kings) did surprise me, nice odds though. We will see what will happen. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.  I'm a bit worried about the rockets game right now.  They're obviously going to win, but they're kind of coasting through this game and not taking it seriously.  Hopefully Philly self destructs towards end of the game.  Harden is just treating this game like a summer league shoot out (which is big part of his game anyway), but there is no player movement at all in their offense.  Diamond offense everytime with harden up top.  This pace favors Philly because they have some young athletic players that play the open court well and have nothing going in the half court game.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 03, 2014, 07:02:21 PM
Nice Picks for the Rockets and the Mavericks. The last pick (Kings) did surprise me, nice odds though. We will see what will happen. Keep up the good work!
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
November 03, 2014, 05:42:38 PM
11/3

3 Nov 6:05pmBasketball - NBAHouston Rockets v Philadelphia 76ersGame: Houston Rockets -10.5 1.897 (-111)

3 Nov 7:35pmBasketball - NBABoston Celtics v Dallas MavericksGame: Dallas Mavericks -9.5 1.933 (-107)

3 Nov 8:05pmBasketball - NBASacramento Kings v Denver NuggetsGame: Sacramento Kings ML 3.391 (+239)

legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
November 03, 2014, 12:29:30 AM
win2 Nov 2:40pmBasketball - NBASacramento Kings v Los Angeles ClippersGame: Sacramento Kings +9.51.897 (-111)
win2 Nov 5:05pmBasketball - NBAToronto Raptors v Miami HeatGame: Miami Heat -21.924 (-108)
lose2 Nov 6:35pmBasketball - NBACharlotte Hornets v New York KnicksGame: New York Knicks -3.51.924 (-108)
win2 Nov 8:05pmBasketball - NBAGolden State Warriors v Portland Trail BlazersGame: Golden State Warriors ML2.306 (+131)
win2 Nov 3:05pmFootball - NFLSt. Louis Rams v San Francisco 49ersGame: St. Louis Rams +10.51.880 (-114)
win2 Nov 3:25pmFootball - NFLOakland Raiders v Seattle SeahawksGame: Oakland Raiders +13.51.850 (-118)

come on melo, make 1 more freethrow and i sweep this parlay for 56 x orignal bet
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
November 02, 2014, 11:15:38 PM
11/3

3 Nov 7:05pmBasketball - NBANew Orleans Pelicans v Memphis GrizzliesGame: New Orleans Pelicans +4.51.882 (-113)
Pending3 Nov 8:05pmBasketball - NBASacramento Kings v Denver NuggetsGame: Sacramento Kings +71.924 (-108)
Pending3 Nov 9:35pmBasketball - NBAUtah Jazz v Los Angeles ClippersGame: under 205.51.924 (-108)

legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
November 02, 2014, 07:26:31 PM
took kings ML but didn't broad cast Smiley
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
November 02, 2014, 05:09:33 PM
still a bit fuming about clippers on sleep mode vs OKC and rudy gay going off for 40 pts vs a tough portland team.  Those 2 games probably costed me 60 units for some of my unbroadcasted bets/parlays.
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
November 02, 2014, 04:34:36 PM
11/2

2 Nov 8:05pmBasketball - NBAGolden State Warriors v Portland Trail BlazersGame: Golden State Warriors ML 2.306 (+131)

Pending2 Nov 2:35pmBasketball - NBASacramento Kings v Los Angeles Clippers1st Quarter: under 52 1.866 (-115)

2 Nov 6:35pmBasketball - NBACharlotte Hornets v New York KnicksGame: New York Knicks -3.5 1.924 (-108)

2 Nov 5:05pmBasketball - NBAToronto Raptors v Miami HeatGame: Miami Heat -2 1.924 (-108)

2 Nov 2:40pmBasketball - NBASacramento Kings v Los Angeles ClippersGame: Sacramento Kings +9.5 1.897 (-111)

and under 197 1.897 (-111) for mia v tor

Had a tough night last night. didnt expect some of the young teams to be THAT flatfooted in back to backs but a few of my unbroadcast picks did okay.

such as these: win1 Nov 7:05pmBasketball - NBADenver Nuggets v Oklahoma City Thunder1st Quarter: under 481.850 (-118)0.020000.01700 or win1 Nov 6:05pmBasketball - NBADallas Mavericks v New Orleans PelicansGame: Dallas Mavericks +11.857 (-117)
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
November 02, 2014, 07:12:29 AM
As much as chairmanMeow is probably an 11 year old raging online to try and make himself look like a badass, he is right in that you should assume they're 1 unit each unless otherwise stated.
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
November 01, 2014, 07:20:42 PM
11/1

Game: Toronto Raptors -5.5

Game: Milwaukee Bucks +9

Brooklyn Nets v Detroit Pistons1st Quarter: under 49.5

Game: Denver Nuggets -4.5

Game: Charlotte Hornets -3

Game: Milwaukee Bucks +9

Phoenix Suns v Utah JazzGame: Phoenix Suns -2
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
October 31, 2014, 10:23:27 PM
Wow refs decided to not call any hacks and tackles against the Cavs strong drives.  Game should be cavs up 10+ right now.  Thats the thing i hate about this, you really have absolutely no clue how refs will react and how much they will favor the home team.  That is one thing u just can't factor in.  Game tied right now 27 sec left.

Doesn't matter.  Ball don't lie.  Cavs win.
Activity: 112
October 31, 2014, 08:54:18 PM
=
You're a fucking idiot.  I dont know what else to tell you.  You are literally too god damn stupid to understand simple common sense.  

Its common knowledge in sports betting picks (when people post plays) that if they dont post a unit amount all bets are 1 unit.

You keep repeating this nonsense that is absolutely irrelevant about wanting to know how much profit they are up.  Listen, if someone never posts a unit amount then you should not give a fuck about their "profit" All you should care about is their winning percentage. Jesus fucks sake man.  You really are something else

Sigh. Who is the idiot? You can have a high betting win percentage and a negative profit. This is why how many units are important and why you can't just assume. 1 unit may be common but people gamble different. At the end of the day, I would rather be up in BTC then down with a higher win percentage.

How am I wrong here? Since I'm the idiot, please explain.

last time i can reply to you as you are too fucking stupid to comprehend sentences.

All i said was, if someone does not post a unit amount then all you should care about is the winning percentage and assume its flat bet.  If they have a good winning percentage then you know how much money you can make FLAT BETTING YOU FUCKING MORON.

Yes, if they post a fucking unit amount then sure you look at the unit totals more than the winning percentage.

JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST.

I honestly do not understand how you can be this fucking stupid
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
October 31, 2014, 07:22:44 PM
for anyone else looking for his plays for tonight

31 Oct 9:05pmBasketball - NBAPortland Trail Blazers v Sacramento KingsGame: Portland Trail Blazers -5  1.942 (-106)

Pending31 Oct 7:35pmBasketball - NBAPhiladelphia 76ers v Milwaukee BucksGame: Milwaukee Bucks -8.5  1.942 (-106)

31 Oct 6:05pmBasketball - NBAMemphis Grizzlies v Indiana PacersGame: Memphis Grizzlies -6  1.952 (-105)

31 Oct 9:05pmBasketball - NBASan Antonio Spurs v Phoenix SunsGame: San Antonio Spurs -1  1.952 (-105)

as well as cleveland ML

Now you can rest assured he wont be changing his plays since he cant change my post . . . . pretty easy thing to do if you ask me.

Yeah all it takes is quoting my plays and its set in stone.
legendary
Activity: 1120
October 31, 2014, 07:22:26 PM
=
You're a fucking idiot.  I dont know what else to tell you.  You are literally too god damn stupid to understand simple common sense.  

Its common knowledge in sports betting picks (when people post plays) that if they dont post a unit amount all bets are 1 unit.

You keep repeating this nonsense that is absolutely irrelevant about wanting to know how much profit they are up.  Listen, if someone never posts a unit amount then you should not give a fuck about their "profit" All you should care about is their winning percentage. Jesus fucks sake man.  You really are something else

Sigh. Who is the idiot? You can have a high betting win percentage and a negative profit. This is why how many units are important and why you can't just assume. 1 unit may be common but people gamble different. At the end of the day, I would rather be up in BTC then down with a higher win percentage.

How am I wrong here? Since I'm the idiot, please explain.
October 31, 2014, 07:15:43 PM
for anyone else looking for his plays for tonight

31 Oct 9:05pmBasketball - NBAPortland Trail Blazers v Sacramento KingsGame: Portland Trail Blazers -5  1.942 (-106)

Pending31 Oct 7:35pmBasketball - NBAPhiladelphia 76ers v Milwaukee BucksGame: Milwaukee Bucks -8.5  1.942 (-106)

31 Oct 6:05pmBasketball - NBAMemphis Grizzlies v Indiana PacersGame: Memphis Grizzlies -6  1.952 (-105)

31 Oct 9:05pmBasketball - NBASan Antonio Spurs v Phoenix SunsGame: San Antonio Spurs -1  1.952 (-105)

as well as cleveland ML

Now you can rest assured he wont be changing his plays since he cant change my post . . . . pretty easy thing to do if you ask me.
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
October 31, 2014, 07:13:46 PM
Thanks.  I will be putting in a lot of work this month.  and there should be a pretty decent sample size.

btw- this is a common fallacy I see with a lot of people.  Team A is better than team B who is better than Team c.  Therefore Team A is better than team C.  Not true.

i hope to god that was not a response to my post from earlier.  I really hope you were just randomly throwing that out there.

No just something I thought of out of no where lol.  Because a friend was arguing about Lakers with me and spewing a whole bunch of BS logic.
October 31, 2014, 07:13:18 PM
People might take you more serious if you didn't block out the risk amount and maybe post the slips on nitrogen's chat if you haven't already.

Good luck, looks like you're off to a great start Smiley

this is something that always comes up and i personally dont understand it.  Someone doesnt need to show how much they wager on a given game.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the pick.  If they wagered zero or if they wagered 1 million it does not matter.  Also posting bet slips is not a big deal to me personally and i dont understand why everyone in this forum makes such a big deal about it.  First off, whether they bet the games they post in their thread or not, it doesnt change the fact whether or not they are good picks or bad picks.

Screenshots can be faked. They were posted after the games ended, right? Not saying they are fakes but someone will bring this up eventually.

The amount wagered does matter. It's not about wins, it's about PROFIT. If you're gonna sign up for a paid subscription for his picks, wouldn't you want to profit?

Dude i dont know where to begin with you . . . .

First off you are not paying for past results that is why he is posting his plays BEFORE THE GAMES START!!!! The screen shots just show what he did yesterday.]

SECOND!

Unless someone says that different plays are worth different amounts then assume they are all 1 unit!  One unit can be one dollar to some people and 100 dollars to others and even 1,000 dollars to others.  So no, the amount one person wagers DOES NOT MATTER!  If he comes out and says im betting 10,000 dollars on this game are you going to also bet 10k? I dont think so.  So unless someone specifies different amounts per game then you have to assume every game is 1 unit.

This is simple sports betting stuff.  

He doesn't mention ANYTHING about units. For all I know, he could have wagered several units on one play and only 1 on the other.

Do you read anything or just respond?

As i said above.  If someone does not mention units ASSUME they bet 1 unit per game.  If they try to come back after the game has started or is over and say they bet more then flags are raised.  

Have you not seen the way people around here and on nitrogen gamble? If you don't know Xiaoxiao, it's not wise to ASSUME anything. Otherwise you could lose money. If Xiaoxiao will not post amount wagered then he should make it clear each bet is 1 unit. Do you understand what I'm trying to say now?

If you dont trust anyone then dont follow them.  Or just track them for a few days and see how they do. Again, if they dont post the amount then all you can do is assume they are all equal.  Again, if they come back tomorrow or later this evening after the game has started or the game is over and try to say they wagered different amounts then you know something is up.

Stop complaining about someone not posting unit sizes.  I dont post unit sizes either when i post picks.  Because its pretty much common knowledge, if you frequent other sites live covers or sbr, that not posting a unit amount means they are all the same

I don't want to assume anything If I were to sign up for his subscription service. If he keeps this up, I would be interesting in his subscription service but only If I know he is profiting. The only way to know for sure if he makes a profit would be to know his wager sizes for each bet or unit size, what do you NOT understand about that?

Everyone gambles different. I also see this different from when other people post picks, as they are not offering a subscription service that I would be interested in.

EDIT: I see Xiaoxiao has responded. Good luck with your future picks Smiley

. . . . . . i cant even reason with you.  Your though process literally is amazing.

LOL. Listen to this guy. It's a good idea to sign up for a subscription service without knowing if they themselves are profiting or not.  Roll Eyes

You're a fucking idiot.  I dont know what else to tell you.  You are literally too god damn stupid to understand simple common sense. 

You keep repeating this nonsense that is absolutely irrelevant about wanting to know how much profit they are up.  Listen, if someone never posts a unit amount then you should not give a fuck about their "profit" All you should care about is their winning percentage. Jesus fucks sake man.  You really are something else
Pages:
Jump to: