Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ NBA expert picks: New Season ★ - page 26. (Read 28754 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
October 31, 2014, 07:09:32 PM
. . . . . . i cant even reason with you.  Your though process literally is amazing.

LOL. Listen to this guy. It's a good idea to sign up for a subscription service without knowing if they themselves are profiting or not.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 31, 2014, 07:08:14 PM
Thanks.  I will be putting in a lot of work this month.  and there should be a pretty decent sample size.

btw- this is a common fallacy I see with a lot of people.  Team A is better than team B who is better than Team c.  Therefore Team A is better than team C.  Not true.

i hope to god that was not a response to my post from earlier.  I really hope you were just randomly throwing that out there.
October 31, 2014, 07:06:28 PM
People might take you more serious if you didn't block out the risk amount and maybe post the slips on nitrogen's chat if you haven't already.

Good luck, looks like you're off to a great start Smiley

this is something that always comes up and i personally dont understand it.  Someone doesnt need to show how much they wager on a given game.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the pick.  If they wagered zero or if they wagered 1 million it does not matter.  Also posting bet slips is not a big deal to me personally and i dont understand why everyone in this forum makes such a big deal about it.  First off, whether they bet the games they post in their thread or not, it doesnt change the fact whether or not they are good picks or bad picks.

Screenshots can be faked. They were posted after the games ended, right? Not saying they are fakes but someone will bring this up eventually.

The amount wagered does matter. It's not about wins, it's about PROFIT. If you're gonna sign up for a paid subscription for his picks, wouldn't you want to profit?

Dude i dont know where to begin with you . . . .

First off you are not paying for past results that is why he is posting his plays BEFORE THE GAMES START!!!! The screen shots just show what he did yesterday.]

SECOND!

Unless someone says that different plays are worth different amounts then assume they are all 1 unit!  One unit can be one dollar to some people and 100 dollars to others and even 1,000 dollars to others.  So no, the amount one person wagers DOES NOT MATTER!  If he comes out and says im betting 10,000 dollars on this game are you going to also bet 10k? I dont think so.  So unless someone specifies different amounts per game then you have to assume every game is 1 unit.

This is simple sports betting stuff.  

He doesn't mention ANYTHING about units. For all I know, he could have wagered several units on one play and only 1 on the other.

Do you read anything or just respond?

As i said above.  If someone does not mention units ASSUME they bet 1 unit per game.  If they try to come back after the game has started or is over and say they bet more then flags are raised.  

Have you not seen the way people around here and on nitrogen gamble? If you don't know Xiaoxiao, it's not wise to ASSUME anything. Otherwise you could lose money. If Xiaoxiao will not post amount wagered then he should make it clear each bet is 1 unit. Do you understand what I'm trying to say now?

If you dont trust anyone then dont follow them.  Or just track them for a few days and see how they do. Again, if they dont post the amount then all you can do is assume they are all equal.  Again, if they come back tomorrow or later this evening after the game has started or the game is over and try to say they wagered different amounts then you know something is up.

Stop complaining about someone not posting unit sizes.  I dont post unit sizes either when i post picks.  Because its pretty much common knowledge, if you frequent other sites live covers or sbr, that not posting a unit amount means they are all the same

I don't want to assume anything If I were to sign up for his subscription service. If he keeps this up, I would be interesting in his subscription service but only If I know he is profiting. The only way to know for sure if he makes a profit would be to know his wager sizes for each bet or unit size, what do you NOT understand about that?

Everyone gambles different. I also see this different from when other people post picks, as they are not offering a subscription service that I would be interested in.

EDIT: I see Xiaoxiao has responded. Good luck with your future picks Smiley

. . . . . . i cant even reason with you.  Your though process literally is amazing.

legendary
Activity: 1274
The Golden Rule Rules
October 31, 2014, 07:05:44 PM
Thanks.  I will be putting in a lot of work this month.  and there should be a pretty decent sample size.

btw- this is a common fallacy I see with a lot of people.  Team A is better than team B who is better than Team c.  Therefore Team A is better than team C.  Not true.
legendary
October 31, 2014, 07:00:08 PM
People might take you more serious if you didn't block out the risk amount and maybe post the slips on nitrogen's chat if you haven't already.

this is something that always comes up and i personally dont understand it.  Someone doesnt need to show how much they wager on a given game.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the pick.  If they wagered zero or if they wagered 1 million it does not matter.  Also posting bet slips is not a big deal to me personally and i dont understand why everyone in this forum makes such a big deal about it.  First off, whether they bet the games they post in their thread or not, it doesnt change the fact whether or not they are good picks or bad picks.

Screenshots can be faked. They were posted after the games ended, right? Not saying they are fakes but someone will bring this up eventually.

The amount wagered does matter. It's not about wins, it's about PROFIT. If you're gonna sign up for a paid subscription for his picks, wouldn't you want to profit?

First off you are not paying for past results that is why he is posting his plays BEFORE THE GAMES START!!!! The screen shots just show what he did yesterday.]

SECOND!

Unless someone says that different plays are worth different amounts then assume they are all 1 unit!  One unit can be one dollar to some people and 100 dollars to others and even 1,000 dollars to others.  So no, the amount one person wagers DOES NOT MATTER!  If he comes out and says im betting 10,000 dollars on this game are you going to also bet 10k? I dont think so.  So unless someone specifies different amounts per game then you have to assume every game is 1 unit.

He doesn't mention ANYTHING about units. For all I know, he could have wagered several units on one play and only 1 on the other.

As i said above.  If someone does not mention units ASSUME they bet 1 unit per game.  If they try to come back after the game has started or is over and say they bet more then flags are raised.  

Have you not seen the way people around here and on nitrogen gamble? If you don't know Xiaoxiao, it's not wise to ASSUME anything. Otherwise you could lose money. If Xiaoxiao will not post amount wagered then he should make it clear each bet is 1 unit. Do you understand what I'm trying to say now?

If you dont trust anyone then dont follow them.  Or just track them for a few days and see how they do. Again, if they dont post the amount then all you can do is assume they are all equal.  Again, if they come back tomorrow or later this evening after the game has started or the game is over and try to say they wagered different amounts then you know something is up.

Stop complaining about someone not posting unit sizes.  I dont post unit sizes either when i post picks.  Because its pretty much common knowledge, if you frequent other sites live covers or sbr, that not posting a unit amount means they are all the same

I don't want to assume anything If I were to sign up for his subscription service. If he keeps this up, I would be interesting in his subscription service but only If I know he is profiting. The only way to know for sure if he makes a profit would be to know his wager sizes for each bet or unit size, what do you NOT understand about that?

Everyone gambles different. I also see this different from when other people post picks, as they are not offering a subscription service that I would be interested in.

EDIT: I see Xiaoxiao has responded. Thanks for clearing that up. Good luck with your future picks Smiley

To be a little more clear: I was trying to help Xiaoxiao out. I'm sure he would get more interest in his subscription service if he showed wager amounts or units used so others can see he is indeed profiting. Otherwise you would have to take his word for it, which most won't because this is bitcointalk after all Wink
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
October 31, 2014, 06:44:17 PM

SECOND!

I thought it was a given each will be a unit.  I was going to count as units when i keep track
October 31, 2014, 06:42:11 PM

SECOND!

Stop complaining about someone not posting unit sizes.  I dont post unit sizes either when i post picks.  Because its pretty much common knowledge, if you frequent other sites like covers or sbr, that not posting a unit amount means they are all the same
legendary
October 31, 2014, 06:35:39 PM

SECOND!

October 31, 2014, 06:32:11 PM

this is something that always comes up and i personally dont understand it.  Someone doesnt need to show how much they wager on a given game.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the pick.  If they wagered zero or if they wagered 1 million it does not matter.  Also posting bet slips is not a big deal to me personally and i dont understand why everyone in this forum makes such a big deal about it.  First off, whether they bet the games they post in their thread or not, it doesnt change the fact whether or not they are good picks or bad picks.

SECOND!

Unless someone says that different plays are worth different amounts then assume they are all 1 unit!  One unit can be one dollar to some people and 100 dollars to others and even 1,000 dollars to others.  So no, the amount one person wagers DOES NOT MATTER!  If he comes out and says im betting 10,000 dollars on this game are you going to also bet 10k? I dont think so.  So unless someone specifies different amounts per game then you have to assume every game is 1 unit.

As i said above.  If someone does not mention units ASSUME they bet 1 unit per game.  If they try to come back after the game has started or is over and say they bet more then flags are raised. 
legendary
October 31, 2014, 06:30:46 PM

this is something that always comes up and i personally dont understand it.  Someone doesnt need to show how much they wager on a given game.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the pick.  If they wagered zero or if they wagered 1 million it does not matter.  Also posting bet slips is not a big deal to me personally and i dont understand why everyone in this forum makes such a big deal about it.  First off, whether they bet the games they post in their thread or not, it doesnt change the fact whether or not they are good picks or bad picks.

SECOND!

Unless someone says that different plays are worth different amounts then assume they are all 1 unit!  One unit can be one dollar to some people and 100 dollars to others and even 1,000 dollars to others.  So no, the amount one person wagers DOES NOT MATTER!  If he comes out and says im betting 10,000 dollars on this game are you going to also bet 10k? I dont think so.  So unless someone specifies different amounts per game then you have to assume every game is 1 unit.

October 31, 2014, 06:26:58 PM
And furthermore, if you dont trust someone and think they might try and change their plays since on this site you can edit and delete post then take a screen shot of it and save it or write his plays down and keep track.  Its as simple as that.
October 31, 2014, 06:23:51 PM
Further more, to go back to wanting to know someone amount.

What if there is a better and he says bet 1 dollar on team A and they lose then the next day he says bet 5 dollars on team B and they lose and the next day he says 20 and loses and then 50 and loses and then one day he says bet 100,000 dollars on this team and finally wins and his "profit" is like 95,000 dollars is he a good capper? NO!! he fucking chased and got lucky

Compare that to someone that is openly saying they bet 1 dollar flat per game and over the same number of games as the guy above he goes 50-30 where the guy above went 1-79.

Is the first guy a better capper because he has more profit?  If you say yes and cant understand that the second guy is a good capper even though he only bets a dollar then sports betting is not for you and you should not begin until you learn some basic things
October 31, 2014, 06:20:24 PM

SECOND!

legendary
October 31, 2014, 06:16:28 PM

Screenshots can be faked. They were posted after the games ended, right? Not saying they are fakes but someone will bring this up eventually. You could have took a screenshot of someone else's winning slips Wink

October 31, 2014, 06:02:42 PM

legendary
October 31, 2014, 05:24:34 PM

legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
October 31, 2014, 05:03:29 PM
This just in:

31 Oct 7:05pmBasketball - NBACleveland Cavaliers v Chicago BullsGame: Cleveland Cavaliers ML2.375 (+138)
October 31, 2014, 04:36:26 PM
three road favorites and all four are public plays?

what do you mean?

3 of your 4 plays are road teams that are favorites.  All 4 of your plays the public is on the side you took.  Basically it means today might be a bad day for you.  Who knows though, maybe the public takes some money back tonight.

Yeah I think tonight the public gets some money back from the poundings its taken so far this season.  I'm no sports bettor.  But i know I can destroy NBA.  Anything else, im just rolling the dice.

Season?  Its been three days . . . . . .

Anyways good luck with your picks, hopefully you can keep up the run
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
October 31, 2014, 04:29:30 PM
three road favorites and all four are public plays?

what do you mean?

3 of your 4 plays are road teams that are favorites.  All 4 of your plays the public is on the side you took.  Basically it means today might be a bad day for you.  Who knows though, maybe the public takes some money back tonight.

Yeah I think tonight the public gets some money back from the poundings its taken so far this season.  I'm no sports bettor.  But i know I can destroy NBA.  Anything else, im just rolling the dice.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
October 31, 2014, 04:25:06 PM
#Xiaoxiao

Good luck with your bet , I hope you will win.

Pages:
Jump to: