Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 35. (Read 198678 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
October 20, 2012, 12:13:27 AM
The 1st thing came to my mind after reading...

[05/10/2012 16:22:59] present, GLBSE is down
[05/10/2012 16:23:01] the future
[05/10/2012 16:23:06] GLBSE is staying down
[05/10/2012 16:23:11] closing it's doors
[05/10/2012 16:23:24] and returning bitcoin to our users
[05/10/2012 16:23:52] and providing where possible issers and asset holders the ability to continue their relationships without us
[05/10/2012 16:24:08] clear enough?

...was - Heh, looks like Nefario wish to launch GLBSE #2 but with 100% shares in his pocket. All that he needs is just to find other names for the exchange and for himself.

PS: I might be wrong, but it would be quite a good idea to get rid of all other shareholders if I earned enough money and decided to register the exchange officially...
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 19, 2012, 11:38:30 PM
what happened with those 2 or so people who said they deposited the 8btc like moments before it all shut down ?
Didnt one person claim the site was shutdown, then reopened so they could send the 8btc then shut down again ?
Activity: 868
October 19, 2012, 11:31:16 PM
Did any of the shareholders actually phone the lawyer Nefario claimed is advising him?

So, you’re still under the impression that there was a solicitor involved. I'm not convinced that he ever contacted anyone. Another possibility for funneling funds away would be to claim that he used it to pay for counsel.

No, I'm not convinced.  That's why I want to know whether the shareholders checked out his claim to have consulted the lawyer.  If he was consulting the lawyer on behalf of GLBSE, as he claims, then the partners are entitled to the same legal advice Nefario received (they are, after all, as liable as he is for the activities of GLBSE).  There would be a significant ethical problem with a lawyer telling Nefario not to inform the partners of the advice he was given if he was consulting that lawyer on behalf of GLBSE rather than as an individual (in which case GLBSE should not be expected to pay for the lawyer). 

It's absolutely possible for the lawyer to provide a written legal opinion advising the other partners to cease operating GLBSE immediately without revealing whether or not there is an active government investigation of GLBSE.  AML regulations do not restrict attorney/client privilege, so I'm not buying that if GLBSE is the lawyer's client the lawyer cannot inform the other partners of GLBSE of any investigation which is currently active (he may even have a positive obligation to do so).  Either Nefario is lying about having consulted a lawyer or - and I consider this more likely - he's lying about having consulted a lawyer on behalf of GLBSE and has consulted that lawyer as an individual (and should therefore pay the bill himself).
legendary
Activity: 910
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 19, 2012, 11:13:05 PM
shareholder#3 sounds like a pussy

just saying is all Smiley
Activity: 868
October 19, 2012, 09:32:31 PM
Did any of the shareholders actually phone the lawyer Nefario claimed is advising him?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
October 19, 2012, 08:54:33 PM
I've decided to release the October 5th shareholder meeting minutes. I've removed IP addresses and the names of the shareholders that haven't been outed yet. Except for da2ce7, because he supported Nefario right from the beginning. With those exceptions, nothing else was changed.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=DRt78Vne

pastebin tl;dr: I used to pretend I had balls but the truth is I don't even have one ball, much less two. - Nefario 2012

Compare his talk on the pastebin with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4iPCpmv678
Remember it was only 1 month ago lol
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 19, 2012, 08:29:30 PM
I read about half way through and all I can say is

"pikers"

Sorry guys... buy my college dorm meetings were were more effective then what ever that chat-fest was....

These are the kinds of guys with whom we entrust our hundreds and thousands of BTC.

Go figure.... Huh

Are you really surprised, or is that rhetorical?
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
October 19, 2012, 08:11:49 PM
I read about half way through and all I can say is

"pikers"

Sorry guys... buy my college dorm meetings were were more effective then what ever that chat-fest was....

These are the kinds of guys with whom we entrust our hundreds and thousands of BTC.

Go figure.... Huh
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
October 19, 2012, 08:07:25 PM
I've decided to release the October 5th shareholder meeting minutes. I've removed IP addresses and the names of the shareholders that haven't been outed yet. Except for da2ce7, because he supported Nefario right from the beginning. With those exceptions, nothing else was changed.

That's really strange. Especially the arguing in the first third.

[joke]The only conclusion that would made sense to that behaviour would be that Nefario was threaten with violence to close GLBSE.

MPOE I'm looking at you[/joke]

That was pathetic, nefario using that single worded "leet talk" and giving the impression someone was watching all the time what he was about to say. I think this will be a mess in a few weeks, if it isn't already with all that has happened.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
October 19, 2012, 07:22:06 PM

That's really strange. Especially the arguing in the first third.

[joke]The only conclusion that would made sense to that behaviour would be that Nefario was threaten with violence to close GLBSE.

MPOE I'm looking at you[/joke]
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
October 19, 2012, 06:36:04 PM

legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
October 19, 2012, 03:47:09 PM
Have any asset issuers been in contact with Nefario to get a list of their investors?  I'm much more concerned about the securities I had on GLBSE than the bitcoins in my account (which were near zero and Nefario did not return when closing my account...not a big deal for me).

I'd like to know the same thing. As an asset issuer I have not received any information on that yet.

I've yet to get an email from GLBSE since the closure. I haven't been able to reach James for the last few days either.
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
October 19, 2012, 01:50:59 PM
Have any asset issuers been in contact with Nefario to get a list of their investors?  I'm much more concerned about the securities I had on GLBSE than the bitcoins in my account (which were near zero and Nefario did not return when closing my account...not a big deal for me).
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 19, 2012, 01:38:54 PM
It was basically all pirate related income.

thou shall not simplify

maybe the majority of trading volume in last months of glbse were pirate pass through contracts it was not always like that.
the perpetual mining bonds and other mining 'companies' were traded most, at least during first half of the year.
Activity: 686
Wat
October 19, 2012, 10:27:59 AM
greyhawk... even when tax are going away... thats not the thing to decide on a salary. I mean i cant imagine that glbse at least earned so much money each month. And nef should get this money and the rest of it is then spread under the shareholders?
Maybe i underestimate the income of glbse... but this sounds like a bad decision.

Ok theymos... so glbse  really earned enough money for that. i wonder from where. The only income was the fee for opening an security and the tradingfee that is small. I still cant imagine where the money came from.

Hearing that i wonder who would ever be a shareholder in one of nefs projects? I wont.

It was basically all pirate related income.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
October 19, 2012, 10:21:29 AM
greyhawk... even when tax are going away... thats not the thing to decide on a salary. I mean i cant imagine that glbse at least earned so much money each month. And nef should get this money and the rest of it is then spread under the shareholders?
Maybe i underestimate the income of glbse... but this sounds like a bad decision.

Ok theymos... so glbse  really earned enough money for that. i wonder from where. The only income was the fee for opening an security and the tradingfee that is small. I still cant imagine where the money came from.

Hearing that i wonder who would ever be a shareholder in one of nefs projects? I wont.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
October 19, 2012, 10:17:49 AM
Not entirely true...

May 26th shareholder meeting

Motions passed.

An allocation of $40,000 USD as salary for Nefario to cover 12
months starting in May 2012.

The trouble was there was no formal employment contract drawn up specifying performance. It was basically a slush fund.

That's a shareholder motion, not a contract with Nefario.

$3333... thats nuts to agree. Did nefario had the majority of shares and won the motion by voting for it himself? Anyway... what kind of business ethics comes to light here.

He has about 25% of shares, so it wasn't too difficult for him to pass crazy motions like that.

He was actually originally asking for many more shares plus a monthly salary. I and a few others convinced him to accept just a slightly larger salary than what he was asking for and no extra shares. GLBSE was running pretty smoothly at the time, so while I thought this was a bad move, I didn't argue too hard against it.
Activity: 686
Wat
October 19, 2012, 10:17:08 AM

Motions passed.

Seriously? ceo of glbse is worth $3333.33 a month? Was this amount of money earned monthly? I doubt that. And its insane to give so much as an salary.

Well, this is Europe, so about half of that would have instantly vanished into taxes and rent/health insurance and stuff. So you'd end up with not quite enough to live comfortably. At least I wouldn't be able to live comfortably with that. But then again I'm spoiled.

Hahahahahaha, that was pretty funny, that part were I was talking about coiners paying taxes and stuff.

I doubt he paid taxes on it.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
October 19, 2012, 10:12:58 AM

Motions passed.

Seriously? ceo of glbse is worth $3333.33 a month? Was this amount of money earned monthly? I doubt that. And its insane to give so much as an salary.

Well, this is Europe, so about half of that would have instantly vanished into taxes and rent/health insurance and stuff. So you'd end up with not quite enough to live comfortably. At least I wouldn't be able to live comfortably with that. But then again I'm spoiled.

Hahahahahaha, that was pretty funny, that part were I was talking about coiners paying taxes and stuff.
Activity: 367
Merit: 100
October 19, 2012, 10:09:05 AM
What's really truly sad here is that he was authorized for a $40,000 salary for doing an incredibly bad job of running a broken exchange that was in truth little more than an enabling device for criminals given how he ran it. And while he sat there fleecing this $40,000 there are "investors" who cannot get 5 btc refunds processed.

What a joke.

James- when they come for you, and I'm fairly certain you owe enough people enough money that the bully boys will be around to sort your shit soon, I hope they fuck you up bad, biblical retribution bad.

It seemed to be running OK during normal mode  (goat situation aside).  It's just this shut-down that is fubar.
Pages:
Jump to: