Pages:
Author

Topic: Negative trust for an opinion? - page 3. (Read 1436 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
September 25, 2018, 10:59:53 AM
And it is an abuse of power and a threat to free speech.

I disagree. No one is trying to ban him, and his threads in the wrong boards haven't even been deleted. He's being allowed to spew his nonsense anywhere he goes. Negative trust does not stop him posting in any way shape or form.

Similarly, there are no free speech restrictions on trust, which is why most DT members have a plethora of ratings calling them pedophiles, racists, motherfuckers, faggots, whores, etc.

Usual 'untrusted' ratings barely have any effect, while DT members have the power to render accounts almost useless for plenty of activities on the forum.

He can continue writing, but users who share unpopular beliefs are now more afraid to express them, knowing there's is a possibility they will get red-tagged!

That's why it's a threat to discussion.

That isn't a battle of ideas, an argument,  it's use of power in order to intimidate and silence.

It doesn't matter it's about flat-earth, it starts a bad precedent.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
September 25, 2018, 10:55:07 AM

I disagree. No one is trying to ban him, and his threads in the wrong boards haven't even been deleted. He's being allowed to spew his nonsense anywhere he goes. Negative trust does not stop him posting in any way shape or form.

Similarly, there are no free speech restrictions on trust, which is why most DT members have a plethora of ratings calling them pedophiles, racists, motherfuckers, faggots, whores, etc.
legendary
Freedom&Honor
September 25, 2018, 10:30:50 AM
Using the somewhat centralized default trust system to 'threaten' people with dissenting beliefs is not consistent with the libertarian beliefs bitcointalk was founded on and the values of free speech.

It is up to the users of the forum to decide whether or not joe is a
retard
or not, and if he is a
retard
then we ourselves, will decide for ourselves.

He does not need to be red-tagged simply for the reason of beliving into something we find ridiculous.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 25, 2018, 10:17:36 AM
Last time i checked, ignorance is not in any way corelated to mental issues (i am open to change my mind if anyone finds a medical report that states that).

I am just going to stop here, there is a clear bias with some users here, which IMO questions their competence.

Last time I checked, not trusting loonies does not make me incompetent.   :/

They are not ignorant - they have been given the knowledge and easy ways to prove it themselves.  They choose to believe in fairy tales instead.
Activity: 812
Merit: 124
September 25, 2018, 10:09:59 AM
Believing the earth is flat means you have mental issues.
How does this idea feel to you? Do you find it resonable or insane?

I agree with Vod's assessment of his intellect - flat Earth can be disproven by an elementary school level understanding of science.

Would I want to enter in to a trade/deal/loan/similar with him, knowing this information? Absolutely not, for the reasons I've stated previously in one of his other spam threads here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.46128828

Would I give him a negative trust for it? Probably not, but I'm not Vod, and he's free to leave trust to whomever he wishes.

The issue here is not if he is free to leave trust or not, but if it is justified.

He is reasoning his trust by claiming that OP cannot be trusted because he is against the laws of science, while using a false,against the laws of science, premise.

Last time i checked, ignorance is not in any way corelated to mental issues (i am open to change my mind if anyone finds a medical report that states that).

I am just going to stop here, there is a clear bias with some users here, which IMO questions their competence or their ability to reason.

legendary
September 25, 2018, 09:28:32 AM

I agree with Vod's assessment of his intellect - flat Earth can be disproven by an elementary school level understanding of science.

Would I want to enter in to a trade/deal/loan/similar with him, knowing this information? Absolutely not, for the reasons I've stated previously in one of his other spam threads here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.46128828

Would I give him a negative trust for it? Probably not, but I'm not Vod, and he's free to leave trust to whomever he wishes.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
September 25, 2018, 08:41:05 AM
I think joerogers8's strategy has worked. We now have four flat Earth threads on four different boards. Welcome to the intertubes of the 21st century, the golden age of information stupid.

TBH I'm kinda disappointed that Quicksy didn't reveal himself as a flat-earther - he would fit right in.
September 25, 2018, 08:24:33 AM
-snip-

No one is rating the quality of the posts. They are rating the content of the posts. Writing in perfect English, with perfect spelling and perfect grammar, is inconsequential when the ideas behind what you write are insane.

legendary
Freedom&Honor
September 25, 2018, 08:21:36 AM
Yes.
That's why it's an opinion and not a fact.
If you opinion means jack shit it doesn't change the fact that it's an opinion.

Well, I disagree.   Sad

I believe you cannot have an opinion that the sun emits purple light.

Opinions should have something to base the opinion on...

I'm sure joe has some basis to back up his claim.

As much as I respect Vod--and I respect him a great deal--I think he probably shouldn't have left that feedback for the reason he gave.  

Thank you.

How can I trust someone who ignores all scientific laws?

Then you shouldn't be able to trust 90% of the worlds populace since all of them believe in an imaginary man on the sky.

You could argue that Christians, Muslims, and Jews live their lives based on a book of fairy tales, but would I give them a neg on the forum?  No, not at all.

I’m with @The Pharmacist on this. From a scientifically point of view, religions are fairly tales. Does that mean that you can’t trust people with religious beliefs? Not at all.

I believe religions are fairly tells that were made up to ease the human fear to death, by the way.

To be consistent, Vod should tag any person who expresses religious beliefs on the forum.

Religious people are gullible, but that doesn't mean they can't be trusted to do what is expected.

Believing the earth is flat means you have mental issues.  I would not trust such a person to do what is expected, such as repay a loan.

So are flat-earthers.

I met a flat-earther once, wouldn't say he can't be trusted.
legendary
September 25, 2018, 08:17:32 AM
-snip-

No one is rating the quality of the posts. They are rating the content of the posts. Writing in perfect English, with perfect spelling and perfect grammar, is inconsequential when the ideas behind what you write are insane.
September 25, 2018, 08:00:48 AM
Then you must admit that Vod is leaving negative trust for reasons other than the OP is a scammer/suspected scammer...

And?

- It's OK to post a rating about the person in general, not tied to a specific trade.

And?

- Do not rate people based on the quality of their posts.

@o_e_l_e_o If the only thing you can do is cherry picking to suck ass, maybe you should stay away from the conversation.

@Vod can you tell me what other beliefs you consider to be mental issues? I want to come up with a list of users to report.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 25, 2018, 04:20:14 AM
You could argue that Christians, Muslims, and Jews live their lives based on a book of fairy tales, but would I give them a neg on the forum?  No, not at all.

I’m with @The Pharmacist on this. From a scientifically point of view, religions are fairly tales. Does that mean that you can’t trust people with religious beliefs? Not at all.

I believe religions are fairly tells that were made up to ease the human fear to death, by the way.

To be consistent, Vod should tag any person who expresses religious beliefs on the forum.

Religious people are gullible, but that doesn't mean they can't be trusted to do what is expected.

Believing the earth is flat means you have mental issues.  I would not trust such a person to do what is expected, such as repay a loan.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1565
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
September 25, 2018, 03:37:21 AM

legendary
September 25, 2018, 03:10:41 AM
Then you must admit that Vod is leaving negative trust for reasons other than the OP is a scammer/suspected scammer...

And?

- It's OK to post a rating about the person in general, not tied to a specific trade.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
September 24, 2018, 11:15:59 PM
Water boils at 100C you don't get to have an opinion on that for fuck sakes

In my opinion it boils at 95C1

1 in Denver. I reckon I could be a good flat-earther if I wanted to.

Sub par flat earther because of lack of accompanying meme...

Also its not true about water boiling at 95C in Denver that is a NASA lie because sex in clouds on earth picture
legendary
September 24, 2018, 11:10:03 PM

In my opinion it boils at 95C1

1 in Denver. I reckon I could be a good flat-earther if I wanted to.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
September 24, 2018, 11:05:12 PM
The world is not flat, and there is substantial evidence to back it up. The appropriate course of action would be to present said evidence

No the appropriate course of action is to ridicule the retard because he can't understand a picture or video of an oblate spheroid and is less intelligent than the average 4th grader.  There is no need for evidence when you can use your fucking eyes to see it for fucks sake.

The problem with stupid people today is they don't understand facts are real no matter how many memes you read on the web.

No, I must not. You may want to look up "suspected" and "scam" in the dictionary. Vod seems to think that joerogers8 would be untrustworthy in a trade. Your attempt to make it about something else is laughable.

The problem with our ignorant friend is he deals in black and white only.  In reality the entire world essentially works on "scales" of gray!

To the ignorant the trust system is only for scammed or not scammed.  In reality they've been informed a million times the trust system allows for the gray areas in case a person feels that someone is untrustworthy based on behavior. Trust is not tied to a transaction or a verified scam despite the insistence to the contrary.

Giving someone a red tag does not silence them lol they are still 100% free to use the forum as before.  Banning them would be trying to silence them.
legendary
September 24, 2018, 10:55:50 PM
You fail to address:
there is very clearly no trade dispute, nor any attempt/plan to steal money/property from others. 

Why would I want to address a strawman? Vod never said that it's a "trade dispute" or "attempt/plan to steal money/property from others".

No, I must not. You may want to look up "suspected" and "scam" in the dictionary. Vod seems to think that joerogers8 would be untrustworthy in a trade. Your attempt to make it about something else is laughable.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
September 24, 2018, 10:50:52 PM
You fail to address:
there is very clearly no trade dispute, nor any attempt/plan to steal money/property from others. 

Why would I want to address a strawman? Vod never said that it's a "trade dispute" or "attempt/plan to steal money/property from others".

legendary
September 24, 2018, 10:44:10 PM
You fail to address:

Pages:
Jump to: