Pages:
Author

Topic: NEM Investor's Handout and Updates(NEM closed Alpha has begun) - page 2. (Read 9929 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Thinking of investing but not quite sure how NEM is different than a NXT clone with superficial changes? Can someone explain why I should buy NEM instead of NXT?

Thanks.
Activity: 81
Merit: 16
Crypto-Commodities are the People's Money!
I have to say the NEM Community that is forming here day by day is incredibly generous and I believe
this is going to be a Powerful Force to Reckon with when people realize how nice everybody is here and
how much they all want to help support one another.

The Proof of Importance is an incredible way to get people contributing and helping one another grow
each other projects and market products and services etc.
Activity: 595
From the beginning, I understood that point of NEM is to be perfect product. Seeing all what is going on, it very well might be.
Activity: 840
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
This is how the mac version looks, it was posted by instacash on the other thread:

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Lookin' mighty fine!
NEM closed alpha testing has begun. Cool

Activity: 678
NEM is great! not only the devs but also the whole community!

Thank you for your great work!

Smiley
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I just want to say that none of the devs are giving up on NEM and there is no reason that anyone else should, either!

We are still working hard on coding and the OPEN ALPHA is still on schedule for 06/25.

Good to know!

I truly believe in NEM and its qualities in comparison with other coins.

Letter to all NEM stakeholders

Dear Nemsters,

As you may or may not already know, there have been some changes to the NEM team resulting in a lot of confusion on the Bitcointalk forum.

UtopianFuture has left the team, in good faith, and there has subsequently been a reorganization to reflect his departure.meg

UtopianFuture had been instrumental in organizing this project, but rest assured that the core development team is still intact. UtopianFuture's main role was coordination, providing direction and management of the voluntary association that is NEM. He was never involved in the coding. Hence, development-wise, the project is not impacted.

NEM is based upon the principle of decentralization, such that no single person is indispensable. Since UtopianFuture left, numerous volunteers have  come forward and offered their help. We are in fact honored to know that there are many of you out there who share the same vision as the core development team of creating a new economic movement. We are now stronger than ever and have recruited some of these volunteers to the team to push our ideals forward more aggressively than ever before. Yes, we have since regrouped and are soldiering on to ensure that this project is successful!

With the reorganisation, we have decided that there should be an entirely separate group looking after the promotion of NEM. We have now created a new Marketing Board to spearhead organizing the great NEM community and to spur our movement to greater heights. To say the least, this event has actually made us into a much stronger group.

As a result of the events that have transpired, there have been many unsubstantiated speculations and postulations about what happened. Most of these statements have been emotionally charged and were without any factual basis. These misleading claims have left the community confused.

We would like to take this opportunity to assure you that most of these claims are not true and that it is business as usual for the core team; you should not be influenced at all by some of the characters in the forum that purport otherwise.

The last few months have been rather hectic and to complete a project of this size and nature requires a lot of careful planning and design. It has not been easy, but we believe with the able-bodied team that we have, we shall be able to meet our targets.

In the meantime, and in order to allay the confusion, we have included links to the only official NEM threads on bitcointalk. We have also included the link to our official NEM websites and forum. If you have any questions regarding the incidents that have caused this confusion, you are most welcome to raise those questions in the forum threads or contact one of the core team members directly.

At the same breath, we would like to advise that for those of you who are eligible for the NEM coins, please take care of your BTT accounts. Please do not spam, post addresses or expose your transaction TX-IDs such that your accounts get banned. Your account is key to your claim later.

Due to the incidents in the past, it was decided that a moderated thread would also be created to run alongside the non-moderated thread. Please read xtester's post about why this is necessary here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7350705

Official Links:

Materials:

Project Information Memorandum:

Websites

If you cannot find the information you need in the links above please do not hesitate to post any question you may have on the relevant NEM thread. A special thanks goes to rockethead, kodtycoon and makoto1337 for putting this together on such short notice. This letter will now be sent to all NEM stakeholders via PM.

Thank you very much for your attention.

NEM Marketing Team
Activity: 720
Merit: 103
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I think NEM. I just do.
Activity: 678
Great work!

I believe NEM is turning out something really big!
I just want to say that none of the devs are giving up on NEM and there is no reason that anyone else should, either!

We are still working hard on coding and the OPEN ALPHA is still on schedule for 06/25.

Totally agree.
legendary
Activity: 1596
I am not Dorian Nakamoto.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
It is looking good!
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

As the old discussion thread is closed, I have taken the liberty to start a new thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-nem-project-the-journey-starts-here-650337.

Please let's not allow emotions cloud our minds. We need to soldier on.
legendary
Activity: 1596
I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

Activity: 616
NEM already has a larger market cap than qora and we don't even have an open beta yet.

Exactly my point.

I wouldn't say our programming is slow. We have tens of thousands of lines of code already, along with well over 1000 test cases (we are doing test-driven development). We're just doing a lot of new things and new things take time because they have to be well tested. We haven't yet announced all the new things we are doing. Our team is really first-rate and I think people who invest in NEM now will easily get 10-20x their money (unless something crazy happens like BC Next and Satoshi releasing a new coin the day before NEM launch).

If you don't have NEMstake yet, head over to the NXT AE and get some: https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/12465186738101000735

+1
NEM already has a larger market cap than qora and we don't even have an open beta yet.

Exactly my point.

I wouldn't say our programming is slow. We have tens of thousands of lines of code already, along with well over 1000 test cases (we are doing test-driven development). We're just doing a lot of new things and new things take time because they have to be well tested. We haven't yet announced all the new things we are doing. Our team is really first-rate and I think people who invest in NEM now will easily get 10-20x their money (unless something crazy happens like BC Next and Satoshi releasing a new coin the day before NEM launch).

If you don't have NEMstake yet, head over to the NXT AE and get some: https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/12465186738101000735

I think people don't generally understand what innovation on multiple levels means. So after NEM launches they will have a good reference point and example.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. Don't worry about Satoshi and BCNext, maybe they are stakeholders too, secretly waiting for NEM launch to test it out. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016
Regarding the updated design, I am interested in the community's thoughts on using the circle with 3 balls (tomoe; 巴) or some modified form as our symbol/logo.

Right now I don't think we really have a symbol that relates to humans because transformed triangles and squares are a little too abstract. It is important to create something that people can see and have a feeling for what it means. Tomoe and symbols like yin-yang represent a dynamic balance that shows harmony and yet movement at the same time. I think if you think about what that means conceptually then you can get an idea for what a fitting design for NEM will be.

At a high level, I think you could summarize NEM in 3 parts:

- financial freedom
- decentralization
- equality of opportunity

Uniting these three together in solidarity, we have a theme where these three components must be together and work together in order to create an emergent harmony (i.e., the new economy).

If anyone has any ideas on other symbols we could use that represent these ideals, please post them here!

Good points, makoto. Thanks for taking the discussion further. Hopefully we'll be able to find something soon enough.

The logo looks very panda-ish and not "serious" enough, but alas, I wish I was a graphics designer. :-(

Can we have the community come out with some logos and put them to vote? That would be a great way of getting consensus agreement, in the true spirit of a block chain transaction!

Pandas are cool Cheesy

We tried community-sourcing a logo, but no one came up with anything that really resonated. Lots of logos just said NEM, but I think we should try to move away from textual logos and try to find a symbol that represents: 1) financial freedom, 2) decentralization, and 3) equality of opportunity.

Some people have screwed that in the form of a couple of crypto coins. :-(  

Maybe we should go to something like fiverr.com and ask some of these people to participate in a competition in exchange for some NEMs. Get ten of them and pay $5 each for the basic one and then we pay the winner more NEMs to get more versions of it as our final logo. That way we also get our  brand seen by at least 10 more people!
Pages:
Jump to: