Pages:
Author

Topic: New avalon6 group buy interest thread. 650 usd Closed - page 2. (Read 9605 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Here's a pic of it next to Ant S2:
Nice, but you should spin it 180* so that it has room to vent the exhaust air out and not right into a wall.

yeah they like to breath can't do much with air restriction
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Nice, but you should spin it 180* so that it has room to vent the exhaust air out and not right into a wall.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Sorry to hear that, talks_cheep   Undecided
Any error log?
How are the temps, 12V input?

I got the Avalon 6 today in perfect condition.

It's a perfect add to my setup, I'm now mining with total of 14TH/s.  Smiley

I'm really pleased with this group buy and that SANYO fan was a real cherry on the cake!

Thanks a lot, Phil!

legendary
Activity: 1036
My new Avalon 6 started acting up since yesterday. Hashrate goes down and it starts up again, looks like it's cycling from full hash to no hash and repeats. At the pool, my hash rate looks like regular waves, instead of a straight line. How do you troubleshoot it? Currently, I'm running it at frequency 400, corsair rm1000 psu.
legendary
You guys are just making me more and more jealous that I don't have one yet!

I have 3 S7's and we had to host them because of the heat and noise. Looking forward to a new "boring" miner  Cheesy

still waiting on a new price.

I will shoot kilo17 a reminder pm
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
You guys are just making me more and more jealous that I don't have one yet!

I have 3 S7's and we had to host them because of the heat and noise. Looking forward to a new "boring" miner  Cheesy
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
For quite a while I didn't know what the big deal was with minimum fan setting that is frequently discussed.  On the firmware that came from BlockC mine ran fine with the default value of 20 without any issues at all.  That said, I recently updated the firmware on the rPi and now I see what the big deal about the minimum setting of 40 is all about.

The newer firmware version has a lower temperature target of 68C instead of the 75C target that the November BlockC firmware has.  With the new 68C target the fan rather quickly wants to spin up to a higher RPM to cool more but it doesn't get to the necessary RPM before the hash rate starts throttling.  Once that happens my miners drop from 3800 to 3200 and the fan goes back down.  Rinse and repeat.  Setting the minimum fan to 40 fixes the issue and everything stays in the 3800 to 3900 range where it belongs.  Everything just works-- no winding up and down and/or dropping hash rates.

I've also observed that for some reason the fan speed appears to affect the voltage reading in the UI (on my revision 2 miners anyway).  When the fan was spinning at a low RPM (<40) on the old firmware the reading was always high (12.10V-12.15V on the multimeter = 12.2V in the UI).  With a minimum fan of 40, the voltage in the UI perfectly tracks what my multimeter says (12.0V=12.0V, 12.1V=12.1V, 12.2V=12.2V).  

Overall these A6s are just plain boring (and that is a good thing).  They run perfectly steady at the same hash rate for weeks without touching a thing.  I'm so used to my SP20s where I was always tweaking things and grabbing the hair dryer whenever one failed to restart after changing a setting (or during one of their own random resets).  The A6s are just too easy to maintain (like I said-- boring)!

legendary
What's your frequency setting at? 400?
Default on the Avalon 6, at least how it showed up to me from Block C, was 500 freq and I have not changed it.  I set fan min. to 40.  I am honestly shocked at how quiet and cool it is compared to bitmain products, and how it uses less watts at the wall than expected.

The Avalon 6 gets .3 watts at the wall with a plat psu.

So I am pretty happy with that number.

The batch 8 to batch 13 s-7 do about .31 watts at the wall with a plat psu

The old batch 1 to 7 can do as good as .239 watts at the wall with a plat psu.

But I only have one of them a batch 2.

legendary
Default on the Avalon 6, at least how it showed up to me from Block C, was 500 freq and I have not changed it.  I set fan min. to 40.  I am honestly shocked at how quiet and cool it is compared to bitmain products, and how it uses less watts at the wall than expected.
legendary
Activity: 1036
I wonder if the 602 price for the s-7 has caused Yan to not be able to compete with it.
I am more interested in the efficiency along with the quietness for home mining.
I would think that if anyone ran one of these A6 miners, especially with a new fan, and compared the (lack of) heat and noise that come off it versus an S7 (or even and S5!) they would not think twice about buying the Avalon 6 over the S7.

As to noise, with the new fan I cannot hear the miner in most rooms in my house, it is very quiet.  Quieter than my S5 or S3.  For the past several days I have seen 3.3TH with ~985 watts at the wall, very nice.
legendary
I wonder if the 602 price for the s-7 has caused Yan to not be able to compete with it.
I am more interested in the efficiency along with the quietness for home mining.
I would think that if anyone ran one of these A6 miners, especially with a new fan, and compared the (lack of) heat and noise that come off it versus an S7 (or even an S5!) they would not think twice about buying the Avalon 6 over the S7.

As to noise, with the new fan I cannot hear the miner in most rooms in my house, it is very quiet.  Quieter than my S5 or S3.  For the past several days I have seen 3.3TH with ~985 watts at the wall, very nice.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Very interested in what Kilo17 ad Yan have to say. I am more interested in the efficiency along with the quietness for home mining. Doesn't hurt that I mine with Kano and it seems like the Avalons work well on that pool! Hopefully we hear something soon. Thank you Phil for getting this together!
legendary
It is slowly getting closer to me  Smiley
I made the customs clearance and it is now successfully passed through the customs.
Item events
Item has been registered. 22.03.2016 12:49 TULLIPOSTI / Vantaa 01530 01534

This event was about an 1.5h ago, time here is now 14:20.

Good with luck yours and biffa's will arrive today.
legendary
It is slowly getting closer to me  Smiley
I made the customs clearance and it is now successfully passed through the customs.
Item events
Item has been registered. 22.03.2016 12:49 TULLIPOSTI / Vantaa 01530 01534

This event was about an 1.5h ago, time here is now 14:20.
legendary
Do you know about the next group buy yet?

No I don't I have yet to get a new price.
I would think he need to go under 600 like 550. They may not want to sell that low.

Waiting on :

biffa he needs to go to post office:

March 22, 2016 , 5:44 am
Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified
UNITED KINGDOM
Your item could not be delivered on March 22, 2016 at 5:44 am in UNITED KINGDOM due to payment of charges. It is being held while the addressee is notified.
March 22, 2016 , 1:01 am
Arrival at Post Office
UNITED KINGDOM

HagssFIN   seems his is stalled somewhere in Finland

March 19, 2016 , 1:02 pm
Customs Clearance
FINLAND
Your item is being processed by customs in FINLAND at 1:02 pm on March 19, 2016.
March 19, 2016 , 12:59 pm
Processed Through Facility
FINLAND

All other 11 units are working and delivered.

Lastly I have a pair of fans to ship to tlhIlwI

They are packed with a purchased label I hope to get them to the post office today.  Maybe Weds
Activity: 462
Merit: 300
Do you know about the next group buy yet?
legendary
okay r00t$ has his marked delivered..

biffa

HagssFIN

are both on the way

legendary

HagssFIN ---  has cleared customs in Finland

I'm still waiting for Posti to send me the arrival ID needed for that customs clearance, which I can do online at www.tulli.fi .
legendary
What is the story on next group buy?

Kilo17 sent me a pm and it reads that he will talk to Yan and let me know today.

As for last group buy

r00t$ ----  his is on the truck and out for delivery.

biffa ---------  customs clearance is complete in U.K.

HagssFIN ---  has cleared customs in Finland
Activity: 462
Merit: 300
What is the story on next group buy?
Pages:
Jump to: