Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3 - page 38. (Read 22419 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0
January 25, 2018, 01:33:52 AM
Its reading 5.9A at 240v at the wall, so 1416w with an APW3++ power supply. Its also mining a little faster than usual at 835GH, so that may be why its high.
At 120v, it would be pulling 12A..so better have a dedicated circuit for it!

I'm using 3 power supplies to power a A3 using 120v power.  The miner takes almost 1500 watts using a watt meter.  

What? No. I'm using 1 APW3++ using 120v. No issue at all. Consuming ~1,200 Watts

I'm using 3 power supplies to power a A3 using 120v power.  The miner takes almost 1500 watts using a watt meter.  

What? No. I'm using 1 APW3++ using 120v. No issue at all. Consuming ~1,200 Watts

well wtf I must have just wasted a ton of money buying a second PSU because I thought my miner would have many hardware errors and screw up from being on 120v  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Someone posted it is taking as much as 1500 W. What is the real truth?

I am in the same problem too. 120v and planning to use 2 power supplies.

Yeah, dedicated circuit is not the issue. APW3 not able to provide anything more then 1200 W on 120 V is the issue. Thats why I am planning to use APW3 and another EVGA  750 W PSU to power a single A3
Activity: 106
January 25, 2018, 01:18:56 AM
Its reading 5.9A at 240v at the wall, so 1416w with an APW3++ power supply. Its also mining a little faster than usual at 835GH, so that may be why its high.
At 120v, it would be pulling 12A..so better have a dedicated circuit for it!

well wtf I must have just wasted a ton of money buying a second PSU because I thought my miner would have many hardware errors and screw up from being on 120v  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Activity: 95
January 25, 2018, 01:08:17 AM

Activity: 1
January 25, 2018, 12:54:48 AM
Hi, could anybody enlighten me if there is a working nicehash blake2b pool? It's not on the stratum list, tough in WTM its listed.

On NiceHash the blake2b is listed as Sia, since its the only coin minable with blake2b.  But i havent been able to get NiceHash to work for me....
I cant get it to work.  I got Mining pool hub to work for a bit, then it stops,  ie like 1 minute...

Funny how there is so little places to use this paper weight.. :-)

Still can't get it working.... ugh.

siamining is the only one working for me.
Same here. Siamining is the only one working. Not good, since they have over 51% hashrate. They also have a high 3% fee... Luxor, miningpoolhub, nicehash, etc all need to step up their game.

Luxor is working for me now.   They bumped up the starting difficulty (8k for me on the us-east server) which seems to resolve the issues but its settling at ~800.  MiningPoolHub is still starting at a difficulty of 1 and the miner gets crazy with the HW errors and restarts.
Activity: 81
January 25, 2018, 12:51:06 AM

Activity: 48
January 25, 2018, 12:31:43 AM
My antminer A3 arrived one hashboard dead .
1st time I plugged in,One blade is dead.
PLEASE see the picture.
http://fantom.tokyo/A3config.PNG
then
http://fantom.tokyo/A3ASICDEAD.PNG
and
http://fantom.tokyo/A31DEAD.PNG

so I switched 18pin cable connection 1and2 and still board1 is dead(this time board1 is chain2)
http://fantom.tokyo/A3changeconnect.PNG

So please give me advise:-(

I think you just were mining during the soft fork test. Try rebooting your miner. It should be fixed by now
Activity: 48
January 25, 2018, 12:26:46 AM

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
January 24, 2018, 11:47:39 PM

Support me on the decred redit. Let's push the decred community to soft fork to defend itself against the obelisk dcr1 miner. The SIA development team have proven themselves untrustworthy. Who knows what they will do with all that decred asic hardware?! They will probably 51% attack the network! I heard that they sold 1 million miners!

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/7st4fw/obelisk_51_attack_is_coming/

1 million miners! yeah that doesn't sound credible.  

Hey, a guy said it. It must be true. Just like how siacoin community believes that bitmain produced 100,000 A3's. Some guy said it, must be true. Let's work together to defend decred from obelisk!

Just because some guy said it doesn't make it true, you need hard data before you can make such an accusation.  Also isn't obelisk working with the Decred dev team? why would they attack their own livelihood?

Apparently that's not needed at all. Just look at SIA devs developing softfork, testing it out, and taking miners offline in the process.

I don't know if they're working with them or not. What I do know is that they've made mud slinging, complete fabrications, and protecting their own profits acceptable. So, that's what I'm going to do. I will mud sling, fabricate, and protect my profits just as they are doing to me. If that means fabricating bullshit about their other product to put them in the same position they're putting me in, so be it.
Activity: 76
January 24, 2018, 11:42:58 PM

Support me on the decred redit. Let's push the decred community to soft fork to defend itself against the obelisk dcr1 miner. The SIA development team have proven themselves untrustworthy. Who knows what they will do with all that decred asic hardware?! They will probably 51% attack the network! I heard that they sold 1 million miners!

Hey, a guy said it. It must be true. Just like how siacoin community believes that bitmain produced 100,000 A3's. Some guy said it, must be true. Let's work together to defend decred from obelisk!

Just because some guy said it doesn't make it true, you need hard data before you can make such an accusation.  Also isn't obelisk working with the Decred dev team? why would they attack their own livelihood?
January 24, 2018, 11:39:11 PM

January 24, 2018, 11:33:28 PM

January 24, 2018, 11:19:06 PM

January 24, 2018, 11:14:35 PM
Luxor works but they report hashrate every 4 minutes and total coins earned maybe every half hour.  Siamining shows you stats in real time.  Seems Siamining gets more coins per hour for me which is strange because my ping is 2ms to Luxor EU as opposed to 1000ms to siaminng. 
Activity: 106
January 24, 2018, 10:55:34 PM
Same here. Siamining is the only one working. Not good, since they have over 51% hashrate. They also have a high 3% fee... Luxor, miningpoolhub, nicehash, etc all need to step up their game.

Hi, could anybody enlighten me if there is a working nicehash blake2b pool? It's not on the stratum list, tough in WTM its listed.

On NiceHash the blake2b is listed as Sia, since its the only coin minable with blake2b.  But i havent been able to get NiceHash to work for me....
I cant get it to work.  I got Mining pool hub to work for a bit, then it stops,  ie like 1 minute...

Activity: 29
January 24, 2018, 10:31:34 PM
Harper86 and Cryptonica helped me out getting a backup of the A3 firmware. thanks for that guys!  Cool As others already found out as well: The A3 and D3 are very similar. I even found out that the software inside the controller chips on the hashing boards is exactly the same.
Out of curiosity I tried to run the A3 firmware on the D3 and the A3 firmware actually detects the ASIC chips and tries to  start mining on the D3 hardware. Looking at the logging it's fine, but it doesn't accept the work as Bitmain did actually changed something on the ASIC chips I guess. I do think they used the D3 as a base and stripped out 10 of x11 algorithms.

For now the conclusion is that you can't convert the D3 to an A3.
It probably does need reprogramming of the ASIC chips on the hashing boards itself.

I think I need flash firmware of my A3 but I don't know where to get it :-(
How you get it??
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
January 24, 2018, 10:25:13 PM

On NiceHash the blake2b is listed as Sia, since its the only coin minable with blake2b.  But i havent been able to get NiceHash to work for me....
I cant get it to work.  I got Mining pool hub to work for a bit, then it stops,  ie like 1 minute...

Activity: 196
Merit: 4
January 24, 2018, 10:22:02 PM
FYI  For anyone who considered Luxor.  I did, just to see, and the has rate was all over the place.  in 1 hour i got about 150 SC.  I trying siamining and in the last 10 minutes that I had this up and running there I am at 60SC already...  so..  you whatever they have the most hashing power, but there is a reason.

IF anyone has Mining pool Hub working, please let me know the settings you used.   I looked in the kernel log when it was there and I saw the error of Share submitted but it had an error..  I'd like to do that so I can get BTC automatically with the coin exchange they have set up.

Thanks
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
January 24, 2018, 10:15:50 PM
Harper86 and Cryptonica helped me out getting a backup of the A3 firmware. thanks for that guys!  Cool As others already found out as well: The A3 and D3 are very similar. I even found out that the software inside the controller chips on the hashing boards is exactly the same.
Out of curiosity I tried to run the A3 firmware on the D3 and the A3 firmware actually detects the ASIC chips and tries to  start mining on the D3 hardware. Looking at the logging it's fine, but it doesn't accept the work as Bitmain did actually changed something on the ASIC chips I guess. I do think they used the D3 as a base and stripped out 10 of x11 algorithms.

For now the conclusion is that you can't convert the D3 to an A3.
It probably does need reprogramming of the ASIC chips on the hashing boards itself.

Blissz please help us out with the A3 FW image you already have. Me and Tssar have the same problem (2 out of 3 hash boards not showing up). I tried everything, PSU, cables, turn on/off boards one by one, Factory reset, nothing helps. Before I open a ticket with Bitmain, Id like to try reflashing the FW as a last resort. That way I succeeded in revitalizing a D3 with similar hash boards issues a few weeks ago! On Bitmains support page there is no trace of A3 reference, manuals or files Sad

Keep up the good work mate!

I had this similar issue with a S(,  Unplugged the white controller cables, then plug them back in, on both ends, and the hash board that was not lit up, started to work..  Power off of course
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
January 24, 2018, 10:14:55 PM
Curious, they have so massive interest these days in altcoins and they decided to become unactive on this forum, just see bitmain's profile.
What do you think guys, does it worths to buy this miner? Maybe it's out of stock now, haven't seen but can buy in a good price.
Also what about price of those coins which are minable by antminer a3? Did their difficulty grew much these days?

The network hash rate has doubled since yesterday, expect the difficulty to keep rising and the profitability decreasing as more miners join the network.  By how much its difficult to say as Bitmain has not released total units sold/produced.  Some estimates are that 10k units have been sold judging from the bitmain bch receiving address but this doesn't account for power supplies and other miners. 

An anonymous guy told me 5k sold on day 1 (he was also right about the d3 fwiw)

If anyones interested on how my miner performed over 24h I created a video on it as well as the fork drama

https://youtu.be/aII0FfKsU5U
January 24, 2018, 07:12:54 PM
Curious, they have so massive interest these days in altcoins and they decided to become unactive on this forum, just see bitmain's profile.
What do you think guys, does it worths to buy this miner? Maybe it's out of stock now, haven't seen but can buy in a good price.
Also what about price of those coins which are minable by antminer a3? Did their difficulty grew much these days?

The network hash rate has doubled since yesterday, expect the difficulty to keep rising and the profitability decreasing as more miners join the network.  By how much its difficult to say as Bitmain has not released total units sold/produced.  Some estimates are that 10k units have been sold judging from the bitmain bch receiving address but this doesn't account for power supplies and other miners. 
Pages:
Jump to: