Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW MINING CLASS] MSCoins - POW coins withing Nxt's POS ecosystem - page 3. (Read 9523 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 501
I can't find difficulty anywhere, on any MS currency. Do you have idea how to check it of see chart like in btc, ltc and others...

EGOLD has a minimum difficulty of 65,536 (2^16) and a maximum of 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 (2^64).

The difficulty depends on the number of units you set in the config. Currently, minting 1 EGOLD units has a difficulty of 10,485,760,000. 50 units is 524,288,000,000 etc.

So with that kind on diff, should I bother testing it with one 280x?

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I can't find difficulty anywhere, on any MS currency. Do you have idea how to check it of see chart like in btc, ltc and others...

I see it in the Java window of the minter.
bbr
Activity: 290
Merit: 250

EGOLD has a minimum difficulty of 65,536 (2^16) and a maximum of 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 (2^64).

The difficulty depends on the number of units you set in the config. Currently, minting 1 EGOLD units has a difficulty of 10,485,760,000. 50 units is 524,288,000,000 etc.
Activity: 328

Made some good progress, finally.

Hello Wolf0,

Nice to see you so active in this topic Smiley
I see how many hashes are minted before block is found, but it mostly depends on luck? Was that diff you could see or there is other command like getinfo or similar?

Also, share your success with optimizied miner (in matter of information) how much more you made it above regular version? Last time it was about 25% more hashes/sec.

I think that was the diff I saw.

Above 300MH/s on 280X, above 430MH/s on 290X; screenshot (nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/nxtmintwolf-01302015.png

Wow, that is huge Smiley
Nice work.

Hello Wolf0,

Nice to see you so active in this topic Smiley
I see how many hashes are minted before block is found, but it mostly depends on luck? Was that diff you could see or there is other command like getinfo or similar?

Also, share your success with optimizied miner (in matter of information) how much more you made it above regular version? Last time it was about 25% more hashes/sec.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Hmz not miniting has slowed down to about 2000 EGOLD/day @ 155 Mh. [edit] Updating the driver for 7970 to 14.1 increased speed to 220 MH.

Question: if you make a typo in the passfrase when you sell EGOLD, does that EGOLD go to another address? It seems some of my EGOLD went to the 5th dimension.

If you make a typo in your passphrase when authorising a transaction, it will get rejected. Make a typo in the account ID,  and it will go to the 5th dimension. Check again? Do you have a transaction ID?
It was only the wind.
I don't understand how you get paid because these EGOLD and ELMS you can't find on any exchange anywhere.

How much do you make per day per 290X on average?

You exchange them through the NXT wallet - the exchange is on the network, I think. I don't know how to calculate coins per day from hashrate, though.
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818
Hmz not miniting has slowed down to about 2000 EGOLD/day @ 155 Mh. [edit] Updating the driver for 7970 to 14.1 increased speed to 220 MH.

Question: if you make a typo in the passfrase when you sell EGOLD, does that EGOLD go to another address? It seems some of my EGOLD went to the 5th dimension.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I don't understand how you get paid because these EGOLD and ELMS you can't find on any exchange anywhere.

You exchange them through the NXT wallet - the exchange is on the network, I think. I don't know how to calculate coins per day from hashrate, though.

What is the power consumption on mining these compared to X11? Is it power intensive like Scrypt?
It was only the wind.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

I don't mint regularly, I have only trialled it.

The account who was making $26/day was minting 300 EGOLD (I think it was) about every 15min. We can't know what equipment he/she is using.

That is RIGHT! He/she is having a really big mining equipment and could mine same or more on other coins as well.

I managed to make it mint EGOLD, but with everything less than units=20 is pure loss.
Every transaction eats 1 nxt from account, leaving it default at 1, you will be loosing 20x more than you earning.

Interesting concept, but no real profit in it.

Out of interest, how long does it take for you to mine 300 EGOLD?

In the other thread I mentioned there is a balance to be struck between how much and how frequently you mint. Getting the most you can in the shortest time (setting 'units' low or at the minimum) isn't a good strategy. And the right 'units' setting would be different for each person depending on your settings.

EGOLD is just one of at least a dozen coins that are being minted now, it might be true that it isn't as profitable as it has become so popular. ELEMS is the other I know if but that might be in the same boat now. I think I will play around with the minter a little more...

For 300 EGOLD like, little less than a day, with 3 x 7950 and i5 3570 cpu combined power.

Problem with other MS currencies is that there is no big demand for buying them, so you may end up with tons of something you will burn in future. All process of setting up and experimenting with parameters is a bit PITA, but doable. Don't know, interesting but really is it good for big scale miners, could not say so. Also needs a small amount of NXT to set up this minting thing, but it is not too important.

My previous statement is wrong, because it was calculated on not correct hashrate, actually, minter was not optimized.
Sorry for all trouble that could be caused.
I had a problem recently with NXT not coming through and being subtracted from my Cryptsy wallet. After submitting a ticket they fixed it by returning the NXT to my Cryptsy wallet. It took them 7 days to do it tho. I just waited patiently.

The problem was I was using a new adress and forgot to enter the public key...

Where other exchanges will cancel malformed NXT transfers automatically, Cryptsy does not, resulting in you having to wait a while for them to fix it automatically.

Now the requirement to enter the public key is optional, so we shouldn't see this anymore (Bittrex had a similar problem relating to public keys that now won't occur)

That's a very welcome change, thank you very much!
I had a problem recently with NXT not coming through and being subtracted from my Cryptsy wallet. After submitting a ticket they fixed it by returning the NXT to my Cryptsy wallet. It took them 7 days to do it tho. I just waited patiently.

Where other exchanges will cancel malformed NXT transfers automatically, Cryptsy does not, resulting in you having to wait a while for them to fix it automatically.

Now the requirement to enter the public key is optional, so we shouldn't see this anymore (Bittrex had a similar problem relating to public keys that now won't occur)

What happened? Ive heard cryptsy taking ~100 days to complete a withdrawal but not stealing them. Did you raise a ticket?
Activity: 420
I just did a bit of quick research on Nxt Monetary System (MS). There are currently just under 1680 MScoins created  Shocked

Of course, not all are mintable (this is only one use case of MS). I have made a list of all the minatable coins, the oldest first. There are 42:

MYBTC
MSBTC
NEWEU
DOGES
ELEMS
EGOLD
XNBT
CISPA
SLVER
LUMUS
GROUP
MIXIT
ZZZZZ
MMMMM
SILVR
XNEM
DOLLR
HONEY
NINJA
WARTS
FORKK
PRISM
XTIM
XNBTX
EMUSK
ALPIN
PLATI
BCAPS
WSAPP
STNLC
NMAUA
ASTKN
DAILY
SYSCO
TXNCB
NTBCX
INFIN
TSTGS
BEMB
DOBIS
GEEKS
THOTH

The BOLDED ones have [ANN] threads in https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153 so I would start there, if you are looking for a new coin.
I would be minting these if it wasn't for Cryptsy stealing my NXT...
I just did a bit of quick research on Nxt Monetary System (MS). There are currently just under 1680 MScoins created  Shocked

Of course, not all are mintable (this is only one use case of MS). I have made a list of all the minatable coins, the oldest first. There are 42:

MYBTC
MSBTC
NEWEU
DOGES
ELEMS
EGOLD
XNBT
CISPA
SLVER
LUMUS
GROUP
MIXIT
ZZZZZ
MMMMM
SILVR
XNEM
DOLLR
HONEY
NINJA
WARTS
FORKK
PRISM
XTIM
XNBTX
EMUSK
ALPIN
PLATI
BCAPS
WSAPP
STNLC
NMAUA
ASTKN
DAILY
SYSCO
TXNCB
NTBCX
INFIN
TSTGS
BEMB
DOBIS
GEEKS
THOTH

The BOLDED ones have [ANN] threads in https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153 so I would start there, if you are looking for a new coin.

Thank you!

MYBTC
MSBTC
NEWEU
DOGES
ELEMS
EGOLD
XNBT
CISPA
SLVER
LUMUS
GROUP
MIXIT
ZZZZZ
MMMMM
SILVR
XNEM
DOLLR
HONEY
NINJA
WARTS
FORKK
PRISM
XTIM
XNBTX
EMUSK
ALPIN
PLATI
BCAPS
WSAPP
STNLC
NMAUA
ASTKN
DAILY
SYSCO
TXNCB
NTBCX
INFIN
TSTGS
BEMB
DOBIS
GEEKS
THOTH

Pages:
Jump to: