Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW MINING CLASS] MSCoins - POW coins withing Nxt's POS ecosystem - page 4. (Read 9523 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I don't mint regularly, I have only trialled it.

The account who was making $26/day was minting 300 EGOLD (I think it was) about every 15min. We can't know what equipment he/she is using.

That is RIGHT! He/she is having a really big mining equipment and could mine same or more on other coins as well.

I managed to make it mint EGOLD, but with everything less than units=20 is pure loss.
Every transaction eats 1 nxt from account, leaving it default at 1, you will be loosing 20x more than you earning.

Interesting concept, but no real profit in it.

Not really - I can reliably mint several blocks of 100 in an hour with 1x280X and 1x290X.
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

The account who was making $26/day was minting 300 EGOLD (I think it was) about every 15min. We can't know what equipment he/she is using.

That is RIGHT! He/she is having a really big mining equipment and could mine same or more on other coins as well.

I managed to make it mint EGOLD, but with everything less than units=20 is pure loss.
Every transaction eats 1 nxt from account, leaving it default at 1, you will be loosing 20x more than you earning.

Out of interest, how long does it take for you to mine 300 EGOLD?

In the other thread I mentioned there is a balance to be struck between how much and how frequently you mint. Getting the most you can in the shortest time (setting 'units' low or at the minimum) isn't a good strategy. And the right 'units' setting would be different for each person depending on your settings.

EGOLD is just one of at least a dozen coins that are being minted now, it might be true that it isn't as profitable as it has become so popular. ELEMS is the other I know if but that might be in the same boat now. I think I will play around with the minter a little more...

For 300 EGOLD like, little less than a day, with 3 x 7950 and i5 3570 cpu combined power.

Problem with other MS currencies is that there is no big demand for buying them, so you may end up with tons of something you will burn in future. All process of setting up and experimenting with parameters is a bit PITA, but doable. Don't know, interesting but really is it good for big scale miners, could not say so. Also needs a small amount of NXT to set up this minting thing, but it is not too important.

I've been mining for 9 hours, and I've mined 1350 (9 times 150) EGOLD with a single 7970 (overclocked) @ 155 MH.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Ok, I will have a play later.

You can also 'mine Nxt'* at hashrate.org to pay the fees.

*the pool mines the most profitable POW coins then converts them on an exchange and pays out in NXT.
Activity: 328
Merit: 250

In the other thread I mentioned there is a balance to be struck between how much and how frequently you mint. Getting the most you can in the shortest time (setting 'units' low or at the minimum) isn't a good strategy. And the right 'units' setting would be different for each person depending on your settings.

EGOLD is just one of at least a dozen coins that are being minted now, it might be true that it isn't as profitable as it has become so popular. ELEMS is the other I know if but that might be in the same boat now. I think I will play around with the minter a little more...

For 300 EGOLD like, little less than a day, with 3 x 7950 and i5 3570 cpu combined power.

Problem with other MS currencies is that there is no big demand for buying them, so you may end up with tons of something you will burn in future. All process of setting up and experimenting with parameters is a bit PITA, but doable. Don't know, interesting but really is it good for big scale miners, could not say so. Also needs a small amount of NXT to set up this minting thing, but it is not too important.

Activity: 328

Activity: 420

It's not very profitable anymore, well it is, but only for small amounts if you have a regular PC.

Give XMG a try, Wolf0 recently released a really fast kernal and you can get a decent amount of coins with it.

I've asked this before on another thread, but, what's the most profitable/fastest to mine coin and its units setting?
Basically, I just want to know what you're mining technique since I find it easier to mine Magi.

I think someone answered you on the other thread, a good GPU and EGOLD as it has a lot of volume right now.
I've tried that, I really don't know how that other guy makes $26 dollars a day though.

What's your units setting set to? I think the difficulty is raising a lot.
I've asked this before on another thread, but, what's the most profitable/fastest to mine coin and its units setting?
Basically, I just want to know what you're mining technique since I find it easier to mine Magi.

I think someone answered you on the other thread, a good GPU and EGOLD as it has a lot of volume right now.
Activity: 252
well i dont know if this is a profitable coin to mine with gpu as we know it takes 80 centsper day to mine with a gpu and if we dont make a t least 30 dollars mining i dont knwo im going to inspect the values give futhrter notices ok?
Activity: 405
the amount of 0 means 0 nxt in that transaction because no one is getting any nxt and the 1 is the fees required per mint. red is the fees going out.

if you look closely in the transaction details by clicking on the transaction id, you can find the amount of minted coins in the raw data section.

eg https://nxtblocks.info/#section/txid/1045945306017018459
Raw data
Attachment   {"counter":"2","currency":"5775213290661997199","nonce":"-9028463701948602883","units":"100000","version.CurrencyMinting":1}

that is 10coins minted.

you need to find your minted coins under monetary system tab. click my currencies tab on top right and you can see how much you have.

you are minting monetary system currency. you are not minting any more nxt from this.
you may sell your mscoins for nxt in the exchange booth in the client.

Thx again.....how do I find EGOLD.....I found it under my currencies tab

Thanbk You again
Activity: 404
https://nxtforum.org/
the amount of 0 means 0 nxt in that transaction because no one is getting any nxt and the 1 is the fees required per mint. red is the fees going out.

if you look closely in the transaction details by clicking on the transaction id, you can find the amount of minted coins in the raw data section.

eg https://nxtblocks.info/#section/txid/1045945306017018459
Raw data
Attachment   {"counter":"2","currency":"5775213290661997199","nonce":"-9028463701948602883","units":"100000","version.CurrencyMinting":1}

that is 10coins minted.

you need to find your minted coins under monetary system tab. click my currencies tab on top right and you can see how much you have.

you are minting monetary system currency. you are not minting any more nxt from this.
you may sell your mscoins for nxt in the exchange booth in the client.
to mint mscoins you do not need any more than 1 confirmations of your nxt in your wallet.

remember to change the minting settings

1.Locate nxt-default.properties file in nxt-client-1.4.7.1\nxt\conf folder
2.Copy paste this file and rename it to nxt.properties
3. Open the file, locate the parameter below and change them accordingly:

Configuration:
nxt.mint.serverAddress=localhost
nxt.mint.currencyCode=EGOLD
nxt.mint.secretPhrase=your passphrase
nxt.mint.unitsPerMint=10                    
(The stronger your miner is the higher value you should put here. it means numbers of coins you want to mint each time, the more you put here the longer it takes to mint but cheaper the fees. this one means 10coins per 1nxt fee.)
nxt.mint.threadPoolSize=0
nxt.mint.initialNonce=0
nxt.mint.isSubmitted=true

That's exactly my config;

I did hit 2 blocks of 10 units....marked in the NXT minting window..

however I got payed 0 + 1 (red)...1 NXT was removed from me/transaction

and the twice 10...I never got them...

why is that ?

similar transaction can be found there:
https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockId/5614132592372667862

in the bottom table is marked as type : Monetary System Currency Minting but the amount is 0 and fee is 1

Activity: 404
https://nxtforum.org/
to mint mscoins you do not need any more than 1 confirmations of your nxt in your wallet.

remember to change the minting settings

1.Locate nxt-default.properties file in nxt-client-1.4.7.1\nxt\conf folder
2.Copy paste this file and rename it to nxt.properties
3. Open the file, locate the parameter below and change them accordingly:

Configuration:
nxt.mint.serverAddress=localhost
nxt.mint.currencyCode=EGOLD
nxt.mint.secretPhrase=your passphrase
nxt.mint.unitsPerMint=10                   
(The stronger your miner is the higher value you should put here. it means numbers of coins you want to mint each time, the more you put here the longer it takes to mint but cheaper the fees. this one means 10coins per 1nxt fee.)
nxt.mint.threadPoolSize=0
nxt.mint.initialNonce=0
nxt.mint.isSubmitted=true
I can't mine....

I bought some nxt on Bittrex....but the system says I need 1440 confirmations for my coins....Huh

Is this normal ?

That seems rather excessive.  Try http://shapeshift.io, it doesn't get much faster.

Nd I'm getting this error :

Code:
SEVERE Main.main: Exception during program initialization
.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
t java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
t java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
t org.ScripterRon.NxtMint.Main.main(Main.java:296)

Does your NxtMint.conf file have two parameters for the gpuDevice line?

For non-Scrypt hashing (i.e. EGOLD) it should be something like:
gpuDevice=0,256

thx that solved the problem

but i still need 1440 confirmations for mature coins....
donator
Activity: 362
I can't mine....

I bought some nxt on Bittrex....but the system says I need 1440 confirmations for my coins....Huh

Is this normal ?

That seems rather excessive.  Try http://shapeshift.io, it doesn't get much faster.

Code:

Does your NxtMint.conf file have two parameters for the gpuDevice line?

For non-Scrypt hashing (i.e. EGOLD) it should be something like:
gpuDevice=0,256

Code:
Pages:
Jump to: