Pages:
Author

Topic: new obvious scam http://merlinsmagicbitcoins.com/ - page 3. (Read 4652 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
It is as much of a scam as those grenade/hot potato games. If people want to risk their earned bitcoins in hope of someone else coming along after you and doing the same, then let them. Most people are smart and don't start doing this sort of thing though. Go ahead and join if you want to join a ponzi scheme.

I guess this is true, to an extent. I'm also against those hot potato games so... meh.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
I do want to bring up one more point/question before I go, directed right at those that are investing now, making money, and signing up others:

Try to imagine how you are going to feel when this thing goes south and many of those that you signed up all lose everything they have "invested".

Are you going to give back the BTC you "earned" from all these suckers?

I will give this scheme props for one thing:  they are honest!  They tell you up front this is a pyramid/ponzi scheme and that many of you are going to lose everything.  So "Honest Scammers with Passion" ?

If you can still participate knowing full well this is a pyramid/ponzi scheme and all the "investors" that arrive too late to the party will lose everything then no one can stop you.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
It is as much of a scam as those grenade/hot potato games. If people want to risk their earned bitcoins in hope of someone else coming along after you and doing the same, then let them. Most people are smart and don't start doing this sort of thing though. Go ahead and join if you want to join a ponzi scheme.
legendary
Check out my new signature.  Thanks Ben for the quote!

lol, I love it! I can't believe anyone can think that a pyramid scheme *isn't* a scam.
legendary
Check out my new signature.  Thanks Ben for the quote!
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
BTC Shocked sweeeet!!!!

Just a sweet waste of time and BTC  Undecided
legendary
I found this interesting:

For those who want to take physical delivery of real genuine metal BitCoins you can order them directly from: hardbtc.org. Exclusive Merlin's BitCoin offer - 10% discount valid until May 31st using discount code: ETHOS10%.

For future reference, for all of you suckers who do lose your "investment", you might contact this guy:

Domain ID:D167285335-LROR
Domain Name:HARDBTC.ORG
Created On:06-Dec-2012 09:38:18 UTC
Last Updated On:10-May-2013 09:15:06 UTC
Expiration Date:06-Dec-2014 09:38:18 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Registrant ID:9074b31cd7264132
Registrant Name:David Bailey
Registrant Organization:HardBTC Ltd
Registrant Street1:Office 144
Registrant Street2:235 Earl's Court Rd
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:London
Registrant State/Province:GB
Registrant Postal Code:SW5 9FE
Registrant Country:GB
Registrant Phone:+44.442087428881
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+44.442087428881
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]

to see what he knows about his affiliate Merlin.
legendary
why is it a horrible investment if we starts at the beginning? so all who are starts now will win Smiley

Well, for me it's because of the morality standpoint. Essentially what you're getting involved with is a scam.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
why is it a horrible investment if we starts at the beginning? so all who are starts now win´s Smiley
And you want me and other forum members to hold the losing stick for you, no thanks.
Activity: 43
BTC Shocked sweeeet!!!!
Activity: 98
Every coin you receive is one later members will lose (probably even more, because the site owner will cash some, too).

yes because he is playing that game too and was one of the first.
why is it a horrible investment if we starts at the beginning? so all who are starts now will win Smiley
Every coin you receive is one later members will lose (probably even more, because the site owner will cash some, too).
legendary
Here is a big surprise

I just got another gift at the end of the 2nd week (my 3rd in a week) and so did my friend that I introduced 1 week ago.
Here I am, a member, making money..  It doesn't feel like a scam to me, or any of my friends.

Not to be rude but for someone to join the forums just 3 hours prior to making this post... it doesn't really prove much.

I am registered there too and I can confirm that someone is payed out in the last 15 min because a member I recruited sent 1 gift. So it could be possible.

This all sounds like a pyramid scheme though, where those who get in on the beginning win and those who don't lose. In other words, for all intents and purposes it's a horrible investment.
Here is a big surprise

I just got another gift at the end of the 2nd week (my 3rd in a week) and so did my friend that I introduced 1 week ago.
Here I am, a member, making money..  It doesn't feel like a scam to me, or any of my friends.

Not to be rude but for someone to join the forums just 3 hours prior to making this post... it doesn't really prove much.

I am registered there too and I can confirm that someone is payed out in the last 15 min because a member I recruited sent 1 gift. So it could be possible.
legendary
Here is a big surprise

Riddle me this:  How will all your friends that get nothing feel? 
legendary
Here is a big surprise

Here is a big surprise

Here I am, a member, making money..  It doesn't feel like a scam to me, or any of my friends.

This might be good read:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-miningunitedcom-a-scam-turning-1-bitcoins-into-137-for-almost-free-179917
legendary
And please, you put my personal details on here? Not that I try to hide who I am but I do feel it is a bit of a crass thing to do. What did you think it would achieve?

Members Guidelines

1) All Members belong to a Private Members' Club and have joined of their own free will.

2) No guarantees (financial or otherwise) are given nor implied to Members when they join. Similarly, Members must not make, nor imply, any promises or guarantees to prospective new Members.

3) Members may only quote their own (or their Introducer's) earnings from Merlin's Magic BitCoins when talking to prospective Members. These earnings should be genuine and verifiable.

4) Members should not encourage prospective Members to take out more positions than they can comfortably afford.

5) Gifts should be sent in BitCoins directly to the designated recipient's eWallet as per Merlin's instructions.

6) Merlin verifies all gifts are confirmed on the BlockChain and then emails both the sender and the recipient to let them both know that the gift has been successfully confirmed as paid.

You posted your web site link in this thread in order to get people to sign up under your account.

I simply did a whois on your domain.  That is all public knowledge.

Please explain how Merlin himself makes money in this game given the explaination above.

I find the use of the word "earnings" in the above post to be crass.  You are not earning anything.  You are simply taking BTC from the poor suckers who will be left holding the bag when this thing fails - and I said when on purpose there.

Thanks!
legendary
You can report it here:
http://bitcoin-shitlist.com/

lol, I didn't know about that site. Thanks for the link! I think this could be very helpful, assuming it's all accurate.
Pages:
Jump to: