Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 148. (Read 149454 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 19, 2014, 09:49:24 PM
+2 to both opie & freddy ^^ I'll find a source for the pin extraction tool for the PCIe/CPU connectors. Would eliminate the whole splicing thing.

Get the spring loaded tube, it pops em right out, or at least with the least issues Smiley
Some look like ninga stars, with different size tubes all way around - multitool - snapon had em long ago.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 19, 2014, 09:45:51 PM
+2 to both opie & freddy ^^ I'll find a source for the pin extraction tool for the PCIe/CPU connectors. Would eliminate the whole splicing thing. Odds are Mouser since they carry the connectors & headers, Molex Mini-fit Jr series.
April 19, 2014, 09:38:39 PM
It became a community project, as soon as the kits and miners made it to customers hands, now we will cherry them out...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 19, 2014, 09:31:37 PM
Wait!  Are you saying that you will be providing technical support for AMT units?

Has AMT contracted you to provide technical support?  Are you also doing re-work on damaged boards?

Will you provide help on missing parts?  I got a missing back plane.

My assistance to customers, will be technical support. (Though limited by several things.)

I am not personally reworking the boards myself, just identifying the point of failures, and marking the components to be reworked.

If I can, I will try to assist with locating or obtaining missing parts. (Once I have settled-in. I just got out of the hospital a few days ago, and have to finalize the "informal contract", with Josh.)

You see how AMT has shipped these units. You see all the problems. You see how they talk to customers and not offer refunds.

And yet you offer to work for them for free (AGAIN).

I don't understand you.

What are you, unemployed or desperate for their approval? Trying to help them out, and thinking by doing so they will treat you special and give you a newly working 2.4TH? I just don't get it. Don't you value your free time? Do you think you need to offer free help to them since they are holding your miner/$$$ hostage?

Either way, you are just complicating things by becoming their technical support. They should be actively refunding/engaging with customers, but now they have you to do that for them. At the very least, an AMT representative should be doing technical support so that the responsibility is in their court. .

PEOPLE: These miners aren't some kind of COMMUNITY DRIVEN or OPEN SOURCE DEVICE - this was real money spent to a "legitimate company" for an actual working product. The fact that many need to resort to this testing and troubleshooting via this forums because 99% of these miners aren't working properly, means that AMT never delivered and this was all essentially a failure.  Now another forum member (ISAWHIM) that has yet to even receive his miner, is supposed to offer up technical support for a product he's had no hands on or build involvement with? This is nothing more than a circus at this point.

ISAWHIM, pursue a refund and stay out of AMT's shit storm. They need to dig themselves out of this one.

This is no longer about AMT. Its about those with miners in some kind of state where they can be made workable again. Like I said to Loshia if you have something to contribute to this discussion then do so otherwise just let us do our thing. ISAWHIM is helping out regardless. We don't know the nature of the arrangement with Josh. All everyone wants is working miners. I got 2 working miners and am working through the challenges. Hopefully I can provide some useful info. Is this doing their job for them? maybe but at the end its benefiting the guys who were in the same boat. So if you have something to add to help the customers out besides trash talking AMT then please do so. Otherwise just stay out of the way. The thread has been progressing fine without you and loshia chiming in with your drumbeat. We all know what we need to do if this doesnt work. Thats been made abundantly clear. BUT I think alot of people would rather have hardware to hash with than have to deal with a lawsuit where they may not recover anything or little.

At the end of the day those with hardware have no gain if they wait on a lawsuit that could go nowhere. That is even more of a crapshoot right now. The only people who will definitely benefit are lawyers. In the meantime the money will still be tied up until people get refunds or whatever. So the best bet now is for those with hardware to make it work. Hopefully documenting things here will make it easier to make that happen for everyone. Might not be open source (well kinda RasberryPI stuff is). But its possible to make it work. Only things people should really be concerned with especially with the DIY kits is making sure all the parts work as designed. I took my precautions and caught a few things that could have caused me problems.

Pre-power on check:
a. Check that there is no thermal grease smeared around, apparently when mounting the larger heatsinks the artic silver gets squeezed through the holes in the board. I ran into this on one board. Keep an eye for this. I removed it all with alcohol and used a bladed make up brush.
b. check that all the heatsinks are on well. That will be obvious to see.
c. Make sure you have a 20A circuit or you will blow the circuit on a 15A (easy to check if your breaker box has everything labeled)
d. cooling...have plenty of it. you are going to need it. 
April 19, 2014, 09:25:10 PM

my boards work and have blue heatsinks, my friend tims has copper heatsinks/orange and his dont. i also noticed on my boards on bottom right (fan side) it says Rev 3.0A so not sure if that has anything to do with it either

Okay,  so far we have evidence that the boards with the blue heat sinks work.

Does anyone here have a board with orange heat sinks that work?

I checked the boards,  no difference between the orange and blue,  just the heatsinks are different.

Confirmed here, my boards are Rev 3.0A.

Well, still waiting for my backplane to be able to test out the boards.

Mine work just fine. I have blue ones and black ones. If by orange I assume you mean the copper ones? If so then yes I have those. And they are working just fine.

So, as I understand it, these boards should work assuming that there is adequate power?

AMT sent me a 1500w SilverStone power supply,  do you think that is adequate to drive 5 boards?

They have yet to ship me a back plane, but they promised an extended one and an additional board.   Do you think 1500w is sufficient or do you think I need another one?

Can you tell me what kind of board is attached to the raspberry pi?

I believe they should be. What I think is the issue is that the CPU connector (8pin connector) needs to be modified to work for a 6pin. This requires knowing the pinouts and setting up a 6pin. This requires a bit of sodering or at the very least knowing how to get the cables into the 6pin PCIe adapter. HOW its done is crucial or you could fry that card, I would need to look up documentation on how that works. But its similar to how it was done for the Lepa assuming its a standard which I presume would be the case.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
April 19, 2014, 09:01:39 PM
Wait!  Are you saying that you will be providing technical support for AMT units?

Has AMT contracted you to provide technical support?  Are you also doing re-work on damaged boards?

Will you provide help on missing parts?  I got a missing back plane.

My assistance to customers, will be technical support. (Though limited by several things.)

I am not personally reworking the boards myself, just identifying the point of failures, and marking the components to be reworked.

If I can, I will try to assist with locating or obtaining missing parts. (Once I have settled-in. I just got out of the hospital a few days ago, and have to finalize the "informal contract", with Josh.)

You see how AMT has shipped these units. You see all the problems. You see how they talk to customers and not offer refunds.

And yet you offer to work for them for free (AGAIN).

I don't understand you.

What are you, unemployed or desperate for their approval? Trying to help them out, and thinking by doing so they will treat you special and give you a newly working 2.4TH? I just don't get it. Don't you value your free time? Do you think you need to offer free help to them since they are holding your miner/$$$ hostage?

Either way, you are just complicating things by becoming their technical support. They should be actively refunding/engaging with customers, but now they have you to do that for them. At the very least, an AMT representative should be doing technical support so that the responsibility is in their court. .

PEOPLE: These miners aren't some kind of COMMUNITY DRIVEN or OPEN SOURCE DEVICE - this was real money spent to a "legitimate company" for an actual working product. The fact that many need to resort to this testing and troubleshooting via this forums because 99% of these miners aren't working properly, means that AMT never delivered and this was all essentially a failure.  Now another forum member (ISAWHIM) that has yet to even receive his miner, is supposed to offer up technical support for a product he's had no hands on or build involvement with? This is nothing more than a circus at this point.

ISAWHIM, pursue a refund and stay out of AMT's shit storm. They need to dig themselves out of this one.
April 19, 2014, 08:53:10 PM
Here is the post info on P/S from zefir:
Old AMT thread is dead, and this is the info to make sure whatever you use complies with the miner Power needs.
Lepa, Enermax ect, if you use MultiRail P/S this is the info you need to understand.

If you have EU 240v power you get even better results.

Bitmine and AMT are darn near clones...

=================

Hello,
I have technical problem with 1 TH/s Desk.
I received 2 1 TH/s Desks yesterday.
I'm using 2 1600W Lepa power supply.
Miners firstly turn off after 5 minutes, I saw, that 1 original fan was set to air flow in, one to air flow out. A set both fans to IN. So now it working for approximately 30 minutes, then one temperature sensor reach 50 degrees - miner shut down. I have miners in room, where is 21 degrees. So I add 2 fans at front side, now it working for 1 hour, but its not a lot.
So, where is a problem? I must put it to fridge?

This is the same issue we observed with the Platimax 1500W: some PCIe connectors share the same rail, with that you are feeding two hashing units over the same rail and overloading it - the Platimax uses to shut down after a while. Since the Lepa's PCIe pinout looks similar to that one, here is the correct way to set up your CCD with the chosen PSU:

1) take a look at bottom of datasheet page 2 (http://www.lepatek.com/files/LE_ProductBasic_eng/PB_File/G1600-EN.pdf)
2) notice that the distribution of the 6 12V rails is as follows: 12V1:MB, 12V2:MB, 12V3:PCIe1+4, 12V4:PCIe2, 12V5:PCIe5+6, 12V6:PCIe3
3) ensure that you connect 4 hashing units to PCIe connectors 1, 2 , 3, and 6 (left 4 and 5 unconnected)
4) buy or build yourself an adapter from MB-20 (12V1) or MB-16 (12V2) connector to PCIe and feed the 5th hashing unit with that

Bottom line: ensure to feed only one hashing unit through one 12V rail. Even if the PSU uses a common rail, powering two hashing units through a single rail will either cause voltage ripples or over-current protection shutting down the PSU.

Good luck

Thanks a lot Zefir, you have right!

I did it exactly how you said, I connected 4 hashing units to separate PCI-E rails and then I modified CPU power supply connector to PCI-E connector, now working stable!  Grin

Thank you very much again Smiley

can you make a small instructions for "us"... i think it whould be nice to know for many people...

Yes, of course.

Firstly, look at diagram of your PSU (mine Lepa 1600W)

and connect 4 cabels with PCI-E connectors to separate 12V rails (12V3,12V4,12V5,12V6)
!for each mining module, use only 1 connector on PCI-E cables!

Then cut off 8 pin CPU connector (12V2)

and solder other PCI-E connector (6 pin) to CPU wires

BUT beware, 12V wires is on opposite side, look at this diagram:

And finally, don't forget connect this connector:

or miner won't see mining modules.

For all of this, thanks to zefir.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 19, 2014, 08:28:45 PM
Wait!  Are you saying that you will be providing technical support for AMT units?

Has AMT contracted you to provide technical support?  Are you also doing re-work on damaged boards?

Will you provide help on missing parts?  I got a missing back plane.

So are we supposed to send you the bad boards?
Activity: 504
April 19, 2014, 08:05:25 PM
Wait!  Are you saying that you will be providing technical support for AMT units?

Has AMT contracted you to provide technical support?  Are you also doing re-work on damaged boards?

legendary
April 19, 2014, 07:57:15 PM
Are you speaking on behalf of AMT, whats the story?

No, I am not speaking on behalf of AMT. I am simply parroting the obvious and giving personal opinions. AMT speaks for AMT. I am, for what it matters, assisting AMT on the technical side, through my informal contract of services. My duties, as I have stated, are related to locating and isolating faults in post-tested boards, for reworking. (Loss prevention and recovery. To reduce the overhead of potential losses, from under-performing or faulting components on the cards.) Thus, my desire to have knowledge of the specific issues, which are reported here, are of strong interest to me. This gives me a specific guidance for things to look for, to resolve. (Just as Microsoft had issues with PSU's and heat-sinks, post production and post testing. The cause of 90% of the RROD situations.)

Hope that clears a few things up.

legendary
April 19, 2014, 07:54:11 PM
Its interesting to see how if this thread goes on track for a bit, the useless commentators show up again. They have less than nothing to contribute so I consider them trolls at this point. Loshia contribute something. You are an idiot who just takes perverse pleasure in seeing others misery. Otherwise you would be actually trying to help people out here instead of just going on and on about poserkos and all that nonsense and bad english you keep going on about. Contribute or GTFO troll. Goes for the rest of you who keep on talking about useless crap. I think the horse has been more than been beaten to death on the topic of AMT as a company. Those of us with issues with the hardware just want it working bottom line. If it can be done great, if AMT provides service great, if not EVERYONE here already knows their options and are adults. Having a group of trolls beating the drums of war just makes you look even more retarded. Seems like you have no life but to be on here and comment on this and take pleasure in the misery of others and lol indirecly saying I told you so. We fucking get it now go away and bother someone else.

Those of us with problems just want results and help to get our hardware working. ANd in this case there are a few people here willing to help. If you dont want to be apart of that and you have the ability to then you are useless if you just want to talk about poserko this and poserko that. We don't speak your language. But whatever it language its in you are clearly just talking stupid whether its bulgarian or english. Because its useless to everyone here at this point.

+1

Loshia... you are no help to AMT customers who have been screwed.  

The options are clear and simple:

(1) Join the class action lawsuit.
(2) Try to get the AMT hardware working.

In both options, customers are trying to get back their investment.

I am of course very disappointed with AMT,   however since I did get hardware (albeit not working yet), I am going to research what I can to get it hashing.   If of course it never does, then option (1) would be the only option.

Well since opiem2 seems to have some success,  then there may possibly some light at the end of this tunnel.
April 19, 2014, 07:51:27 PM
Are you speaking on behalf of AMT, whats the story?

No, I am not speaking on behalf of AMT. I am simply parroting the obvious and giving personal opinions. AMT speaks for AMT. I am, for what it matters, assisting AMT on the technical side, through my informal contract of services. My duties, as I have stated, are related to locating and isolating faults in post-tested boards, for reworking. (Loss prevention and recovery. To reduce the overhead of potential losses, from under-performing or faulting components on the cards.) Thus, my desire to have knowledge of the specific issues, which are reported here, are of strong interest to me. This gives me a specific guidance for things to look for, to resolve. (Just as Microsoft had issues with PSU's and heat-sinks, post production and post testing. The cause of 90% of the RROD situations.)

Hope that clears a few things up.

The guys with the REV 1 boards, essentially have a "reference design". That is what Bitmine provided for suggested builds. (They also had errors in the gerber-files and parts-lists, provided by Bitmine.)

The guys with the REV 3? boards, essentially have a "modified reference design". That is a board with some of the initial major short-fallings fixed. (Obviously, there are a few more minor issues with those boards, or the issues lie within the A1 chips themselves, which is still being determined, through the software side.)
legendary
April 19, 2014, 07:38:12 PM

my boards work and have blue heatsinks, my friend tims has copper heatsinks/orange and his dont. i also noticed on my boards on bottom right (fan side) it says Rev 3.0A so not sure if that has anything to do with it either

I checked the boards,  no difference between the orange and blue,  just the heatsinks are different.

Mine work just fine. I have blue ones and black ones. If by orange I assume you mean the copper ones? If so then yes I have those. And they are working just fine.

So, as I understand it, these boards should work assuming that there is adequate power?

AMT sent me a 1500w SilverStone power supply,  do you think that is adequate to drive 5 boards?

They have yet to ship me a back plane, but they promised an extended one and an additional board.   Do you think 1500w is sufficient or do you think I need another one?

Can you tell me what kind of board is attached to the raspberry pi?
April 19, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

April 19, 2014, 05:47:23 PM
Roger!
Dark side is getting stronger Wink
anyway zefir mentioned a long time ago about proper way to use psu and spread the load
I am not bashing but for such a background it seem so stupid mistake
Happy mining dude...
So it turns out the amt happy customers are almost two
 Grin

Yes he did. And like most humans I make mistakes. When you can claim you NEVER made a mistake you can talk shit. But until then stfu troll Grin
Normally I do not expect a PSU to need a modification like that to have functioning hardware. And ASIC miners are new territory for everyone involved here. So yea mistakes are going to be made. Again you are no expert and likely have no usable credentials to make a comment like that so as I said before you are useless.
April 19, 2014, 05:36:14 PM
Its interesting to see how if this thread goes on track for a bit, the useless commentators show up again. They have less than nothing to contribute so I consider them trolls at this point. Loshia contribute something. You are an idiot who just takes perverse pleasure in seeing others misery. Otherwise you would be actually trying to help people out here instead of just going on and on about poserkos and all that nonsense and bad english you keep going on about. Contribute or GTFO troll. Goes for the rest of you who keep on talking about useless crap. I think the horse has been more than been beaten to death on the topic of AMT as a company. Those of us with issues with the hardware just want it working bottom line. If it can be done great, if AMT provides service great, if not EVERYONE here already knows their options and are adults. Having a group of trolls beating the drums of war just makes you look even more retarded. Seems like you have no life but to be on here and comment on this and take pleasure in the misery of others and lol indirecly saying I told you so. We fucking get it now go away and bother someone else.

Those of us with problems just want results and help to get our hardware working. ANd in this case there are a few people here willing to help. If you dont want to be apart of that and you have the ability to then you are useless if you just want to talk about poserko this and poserko that. We don't speak your language. But whatever it language its in you are clearly just talking stupid whether its bulgarian or english. Because its useless to everyone here at this point.
April 19, 2014, 05:29:10 PM
legendary
April 19, 2014, 01:12:59 PM
Need to rename this thread:  Official AMT Hobbyist and Craft Fair Thread - "Send us $3000 and we'll send you a fun electronics builder kit (tools not included)."

The "Kit option", was not intended to be produced. Tongue It was for those who felt they could not wait any-longer, and felt they could live with the incomplete units. (With the missing components, stated.)

However, there seems to be a little more "hobby", than expected. The new revisions of the boards and backplanes and PSU's, (which was what they did not want to wait for), are being shipped now. There is still an issue with post-tested boards, which I am sure a better testing setup will resolve. Once they know the source of the failures. Josh has informed me of these potential issues, as well as the forums. These "kits", should not be a representation of the "final product". (For those who have gotten the fully assembled units, with shipping damage, that is another issue.)

The short-falling of the chips themselves, and the original erred designs, given by the MFG, is not making this easy for anyone at the moment.

So is AMT saying that once they eventually get everything fixed they would ship working boards and MPP upgrades?
April 19, 2014, 12:23:27 PM
Need to rename this thread:  Official AMT Hobbyist and Craft Fair Thread - "Send us $3000 and we'll send you a fun electronics builder kit (tools not included)."

The "Kit option", was not intended to be produced. Tongue It was for those who felt they could not wait any-longer, and felt they could live with the incomplete units. (With the missing components, stated.)

However, there seems to be a little more "hobby", than expected. The new revisions of the boards and backplanes and PSU's, (which was what they did not want to wait for), are being shipped now. There is still an issue with post-tested boards, which I am sure a better testing setup will resolve. Once they know the source of the failures. Josh has informed me of these potential issues, as well as the forums. These "kits", should not be a representation of the "final product". (For those who have gotten the fully assembled units, with shipping damage, that is another issue.)

The short-falling of the chips themselves, and the original erred designs, given by the MFG, is not making this easy for anyone at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 19, 2014, 12:07:29 PM

Need to rename this thread:  Official AMT Hobbyist and Craft Fair Thread - "Send us $3000 and we'll send you a fun electronics builder kit (tools not included)."

Wouldn't rename this one but actually a far better catch-all thread could be the "Bitmine.ch/Coincraft A1 Systems Hobbyist Thread". On the technical side they are the root of this mess regardless of the actual systems maker. Us AMT customers are far from alone in this.

Man talk about a lot bigger audience....
Jump to: