Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 147. (Read 149454 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 21, 2014, 11:15:38 AM
Has anyone got through to AMT to about RMA on non working boards?

I've got a free 20 amp line with nothing on it. I tested the boards individually with the one PSU just to make sure it wasn't another issue. Only two of my boards are working. Each pulling 200 GH nominal one with 256 working cores one with 255 working cores.

Two boards won't get recognized at all and one board does get recognized but with multiple "broken" chips  runs about 150 cores.
Activity: 620
April 21, 2014, 10:31:13 AM
another fyi guys just got a killawatt meter and 3 blades (2 chips down on one) and 7 fans including 2 stock are pulling 611w at the wall
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 21, 2014, 10:13:13 AM
Is there still a list of orders that shows who's received miners by AMT order number?  I'm #1450 so I'm afraid I may never even receive a shipping e-mail.  I know AMT hasn't said much but have they even recognize their miner guarantee still present  on the ir website.  Per website "AMT will receive your order, if the networks hash rate increases to the point where your miner can no longer meet ROI we will upgrade your miner to the next level of AMT miners."   SO will  I be receiving a 2.4 TH miner or even higher?   AMT please respond to one of my e-mails.

Petermolloy

Save your self the time and trouble of dealing with AMT. Ask for a refund and join in on the class action suit. AMT are going to jail folks.
Activity: 532
April 21, 2014, 09:58:36 AM
AMT_Miner - Are you coming to send Fedex pick up this broken miner today? It has been a week already and no pickup.

Since they technically said they would you alternatively could pack them up and send them and COD it. OR they could just give you the fedex account number so you can just ship them out to them at their cost. Just a thought. Might make your life a little easier. For your own sake send an email and address in your subject "bct #ordernumber" so that you get results. At least I have gotten results this way. Just passing along what has worked for me. Also you have a paper trail as well to make sure its all tracked.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 21, 2014, 09:53:24 AM
AMT_Miner - Are you coming to send Fedex pick up this broken miner today? It has been a week already and no pickup.
April 21, 2014, 09:50:37 AM
FYI For those with working hardware and a LEPA power supply or a similar 1500W enermax version I found some 12V 8pin EPS to 6+2PCIe adapters

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8687/cab-158/8_8-pin_EPS_to_62-Pin_PCI-Express_Adapter_Cable_CB-E8-P68F.html

These will do the job. It will address the need to hook up the power on the 5th rail for a fully powered system using a single PSU vs hooking up 2 of them. Seeing as its working for people this should be a suitable fix. I have one PSU already manually modified I had hoped not to do the same to the other.

I am still running some tests. So far at least one of the machines appears to be running well and at advertised spec. Im still gathering numbers. Its taking a bit longer than I planned. I will have more details but things are looking promising. 
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
April 20, 2014, 11:05:08 PM
Is there still a list of orders that shows who's received miners by AMT order number?  I'm #1450 so I'm afraid I may never even receive a shipping e-mail.  I know AMT hasn't said much but have they even recognize their miner guarantee still present  on the ir website.  Per website "AMT will receive your order, if the networks hash rate increases to the point where your miner can no longer meet ROI we will upgrade your miner to the next level of AMT miners."   SO will  I be receiving a 2.4 TH miner or even higher?   AMT please respond to one of my e-mails.

Petermolloy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 20, 2014, 08:45:56 AM
AMT you did not pick up my miner, I am pretty sure you know I am very upset by all the emails I have been sending. I am a director of technology and an electronics engineer, I am someone who can explain anything in regards to technical matters in simple terms. I would be in your best interest to pick up this miner ASAP. I am getting tired of talking to myself and I am doing all I can to work this out one last time before I begin to persue legal and criminal charges against AMT and it's members.
Activity: 620
April 20, 2014, 06:56:07 AM
does anybody know what power the boards use? i dont have a killawatt meter atm and was just curious
Activity: 504
April 20, 2014, 04:25:13 AM
I'd check Mouser. They sell the connectors/pins so proly sell the extractor. On Monday I'll see if the extractor I have for AMP circular connectors works. Pins look the same size. If you have some brass tubing that just fits over the pins would do the same thing. Just need to push the fingers in.

As for crimps, use the same good ol' AMP terminal crimper that is used for all the different DB-xx connector pins.

Oh, the Formfactors link for all psu's is http://www.formfactors.org/formfactor.asp

You can make an extractor from a candy tin, using scissors. (Had to do that a while ago.)

Make it look like this -<|>- and then fold it at the thick part "|", so it looks like tweezers. (If you have the patience, you can wrap it around a small nail, into a tube.)

The tool is much easier to use, but this will get the job done, if you are in a pinch. (Altoids tins have a nice flat bottom, and just rigid enough to force the tab out of the way, for extraction. Just don't forget to bend the tab out a little, before replacing it, so it does not push back out again.)

Oh, and wide staples work too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_58o0WaTM
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 20, 2014, 12:37:25 AM
I'd check Mouser. They sell the connectors/pins so proly sell the extractor. On Monday I'll see if the extractor I have for AMP circular connectors works. Pins look the same size. If you have some brass tubing that just fits over the pins would do the same thing. Just need to push the fingers in.

As for crimps, use the same good ol' AMP terminal crimper that is used for all the different DB-xx connector pins.

Oh, the Formfactors link for all psu's is http://www.formfactors.org/formfactor.asp
April 20, 2014, 12:21:48 AM
Welp, ifin yer gonna do that, here are the official design specs that all ATX PSU's are supposed to follow. We're talking a-z here...
http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/ATX12V_PSDG_2_2_public_br2.pdf

Also something to keep in mind is that there is a limit to the power any single output is supposed to be allowed to provide. Quote:  The maximum short-circuit energy in any output shall not exceed 240 VA, per IEC 60950 requirements.

Cool thanks the document is helpful to just keep a nice comprehensive guide on all this for future use. I like to hardcopy stuff sometimes as well since pages often go down and the info can get lost.

Well thats not a problem here. This is why some people have had success with the 2x PSU setups. The idea is the rail normally used for the CPU in this case is not needed since the motherboard is powered by the 1st 12V rail (12V1) the CPU power if I were using some high end cpu like an intel or AMD would be used by the 12V2 rail (which is the one I am using to power the 5th card). On the LEPA rails 12V3 and 12V5 are shared for PCIe/Additional CPU use. 12V4 and 12V6 are shared between PCIe and the 3.3V Molex connections (sata/molex/FDD connections). Keep in mind the labeling on them.

12V1 Rail 1
12V2 Rail 2

and so on. I believe this labeling is standard on most if not all PSUs. So its one way for those not aware to quickly address this. Now anyone have a simple way to remove the leads from the PCIe/CPU molex connectors? Im sorta brute forcing it which seems to work but its a bit labor intensive. If there is a tool (never really had to do this before) that can do this easier it would be good. For putting in the cables I am sure there are crimpers and such. I will track one down I am sure I can get that easy enough. Just dont want to brute force it if I have to do this again
legendary
April 20, 2014, 12:06:46 AM
Welp, ifin yer gonna do that, here are the official design specs that all ATX PSU's are supposed to follow. We're talking a-z here...
http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/ATX12V_PSDG_2_2_public_br2.pdf

Also something to keep in mind is that there is a limit to the power any single output is supposed to be allowed to provide. Quote:  The maximum short-circuit energy in any output shall not exceed 240 VA, per IEC 60950 requirements.
April 20, 2014, 12:03:27 AM
opieum2 - any chance on finding what they are using the 24-pin mobo connector for?  The using the +5v and/or +3.3v feeds? Do they at least look at the POWER_OK line?

I'm still thinking of using a server supply with POL regulators fed from the 12v buss down to +5 or whatever. Will need to chop PCIe extender cables to tie to the buss bars of course.

The 24pin is still being used for the RasberryPi. On the Lepa the 24pin cable connections are shared with the CPU connector (8pin CPU power MB-20) I was looking online for an adapter.

Basically if you look at the lepa diagram freddy posted the MB/CPU portion and the connection below it are a split cable. I was online looking for an adapter as it was implied there could be one out there. But I had no luck finding one. I will bite the bullet and do the modification manually. I did it on one PSU but was hoping not to do it on the other.

I might not cut the cable, I would sacrifice the 8pin MB connector (cut the connectors out) and add the wires/lugs to a new PCIE 6pin connector.
Can always buy new blank connectors.  Disassemble tool may be harder to find.

Most Mboards only need one anaway that P/S has 2 8pin connectors.

The CPU connector is not in use for this setup so its pretty useless to even use here though yea cutting the cable is not a great idea lol, I would prefer to just swap the leads in from each other and maybe just wrap up the remaining ones somehow to avoid issues. Besides got the extra ones that can be used in the PCIe rails that are not used in Zefir's post. But yea removal is a bitch here. Back to work as I am still working on putting one miner through its paces. I will be getting the other one online once I have
April 19, 2014, 11:38:59 PM
opieum2 - any chance on finding what they are using the 24-pin mobo connector for?  The using the +5v and/or +3.3v feeds? Do they at least look at the POWER_OK line?

I'm still thinking of using a server supply with POL regulators fed from the 12v buss down to +5 or whatever. Will need to chop PCIe extender cables to tie to the buss bars of course.

The 24pin is still being used for the RasberryPi. On the Lepa the 24pin cable connections are shared with the CPU connector (8pin CPU power MB-20) I was looking online for an adapter.

Basically if you look at the lepa diagram freddy posted the MB/CPU portion and the connection below it are a split cable. I was online looking for an adapter as it was implied there could be one out there. But I had no luck finding one. I will bite the bullet and do the modification manually. I did it on one PSU but was hoping not to do it on the other.

I might not cut the cable, I would sacrifice the 8pin MB connector (cut the connectors out) and add the wires/lugs to a new PCIE 6pin connector.

Pulled this for reference use: http://www.moddiy.com/pages/Power-Supply-Connectors-%26-Pinouts.html

I also made this page into a word doc for reference. Just in case the link goes down. Very handy for those not familiar with the pinouts of a PSU.

Activity: 504
April 19, 2014, 11:22:25 PM
So are we supposed to send you the bad boards?

No, They need to be sent to AMT, for replacement. AMT will be sending me "some" of the boards that they know are having issues in the initial testing phase. Your replacement boards should be from the batches that have passed 100%, following an extended test. (I would assume that is how they are going to handle replacements, like Dell does... I had my share of fighting with Dell, once they consumed AlienWare. Though, in all honesty, those components didn't start to fail, until a few months into operation. But when they failed, they were replaced with 100% double-tested replacements.)

Dell now has a bad habit of just sending untested units, beyond boot-posting, and then just repairing the ones that fail in peoples hands. Seems it is cheaper than actually testing every single component and assembled unit.

This situation is a little different, because of the isolated issues that just don't show until after shipping, and after they passed the initial tests.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 19, 2014, 10:52:40 PM

legendary
April 19, 2014, 10:21:13 PM
The size looks rather like the 20 pin AT connector. Hmm. Seen a lot of PSU mobo connectors that have a block of 4 that can be removed, wonder if those cables can be used...
April 19, 2014, 10:08:04 PM

legendary
April 19, 2014, 09:54:35 PM

Jump to: