Pages:
Author

Topic: New PPCoin Pool (PPLNS-based, North America-hosted) @ www.VuxilsPool.com - page 2. (Read 5136 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
For now, I will leave my ssh window open - if you suddenly disconnect it means my SSH session timed out. This will be fixed permanently tonight

You might want to check out the program 'screen'.

I was doing this for a while but just have cronjobs to boot the services at start. I know have a cronjob restarting ppcoind every 2 hours =\

Every crash, pushpool is running but ppcoind isn't, so I'm not sure what's up
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
For now, I will leave my ssh window open - if you suddenly disconnect it means my SSH session timed out. This will be fixed permanently tonight

You might want to check out the program 'screen'.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
We've had a few seldom crashes overnight, and I apologize for that. Reading through the main PPCoin thread, it seems that ppcoind has a memory leak that causes it to crash. This is in conjunction  with what I found - pushpool and mmcFE are always still running whenever a crash happens, but ppcoind is mysteriously killed. I am setting up a cron job to automatically restart ppcoind every few hours. Thanks everyone for your patience

This is what monit is for Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010
Those crashes might be useful to find out what the problem was, I was never able to reproduce the memory leak or crashes experienced by pool operators. Let's see if we can take the opportunity to find out what it was all about.
Not sure what's up, PPCoind stays healthy all day and then manages to crash 15 minutes after I go to bed and fails to restart. Sorry guys, I'm working everything out
We've had a few seldom crashes overnight, and I apologize for that. Reading through the main PPCoin thread, it seems that ppcoind has a memory leak that causes it to crash. This is in conjunction  with what I found - pushpool and mmcFE are always still running whenever a crash happens, but ppcoind is mysteriously killed. I am setting up a cron job to automatically restart ppcoind every few hours. Thanks everyone for your patience
The increased difficulty really sucks  Tongue
Ok, server has been completely stable for half of the day now, and we are well on our way to our first block. Thanks everyone for helping me test!
Ok I brought the server back offline for about 2 hours so I could implement some new startup scripts and logging features. The cookies issue remains, so be sure you are using VuxilsPool.com now instead of vPool.me. You can still mine using vPool.me, but the website will not log you in using that URL due to how mmcFE handles sessions.

Anyway, you should all be able to connect again and mine away! Thanks!
I'd suggest you also set-up Monit to monitor the services (in case they go down for any other reason).

Monit looks pretty interesting, ty for the tip. I hadn't heard of it previously, but I'll look into it now

I pulled it down to write some new start up scripts. All pool related software now run as services that should boot with the server, so they are not dependent on me starting them up through SSH. This should help with stability a bit, as all the downtime seemed to be directly related to my SSH sessions
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I'd suggest you also set-up Monit to monitor the services (in case they go down for any other reason).
I tracked down the bugs causing miners to disconnect. Apparently when I kill my SSH session to my server, it kills all programs running that I started during the session. I just have to make ppcoind and pushpool start up as system services - when I get home tonight I will do so.

If you have trouble logging in from VuxilsPool.com, try vPool.me

Both domains point to the same server, but a couple have reported trouble logging in with VuxilsPool.com. Not sure what the problem is, I will look into it shortly.

edit: I've changed how the server handles cookies and sessions, let me know how it goes. vPool.me is secondary to VuxilsPool.com now, so use VuxilsPool
Not sure what happened, but sometime last night your pool stopped working, My GPU has been idle for at least 2 hours, CGminer only mentions 'New block detected before longpoll"(User ID: 2).

Everyone got disconnected and I had to restart. Not sure what's up, PPCoind and Pushpool were still active when I looked around. I''ll dive into the logs

The weird thing is the backend should be very stable, I just have a traditional PPCoind and Pushpool setup. The front end with mmcFE should be the only buggy part that needed testing...

Pools back up right now as well. Very sorry to everyone who lost some time, we'll sort everything out
Activity: 70
Not sure what happened, but sometime last night your pool stopped working, My GPU has been idle for at least 2 hours, CGminer only mentions 'New block detected before longpoll"(User ID: 2).
I might have to pick up StiffsPool.com then...let the domain race begin  Wink
No thanks, i'm not warrior. War of your interest.  Tongue

Well I am switching the name of this pool, vPool was just a bit of a joke at first, just because my interface and vPool.us' interface look the same due to mmc front end. If you want to buy the domain for some PPCoins, just let me know anytime Smiley

VuxilsPool.com and vPool.me both work right now to connect to my pool
Activity: 30
looks promising, i'll throw a couple Ghash your way tonight
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I might have to pick up StiffsPool.com then...let the domain race begin  Wink
No thanks, i'm not warrior. War of your interest.  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: